1995 Eagle Talon Tsi - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1995 Eagle Talon Tsi
Friday, June 24, 2011 8:58 AM
what do you guys think, . . . im going to look at it this weekend? if nothing is wrong it seems like a good deal for the price

http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/2456810273.html

Re: 1995 Eagle Talon Tsi
Friday, June 24, 2011 10:18 AM
A loan on a 95 Talon? wow...to be honest I wouldnt pay more than 5-600 for it...but if you like it go for it

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Friday, June 24, 2011 10:28 AM
That thing is beat

Friday, June 24, 2011 11:22 AM
"Needs a timing belt" means his broke, bent the valves and he's trying to dump it off munsuspecting buyer because if you can't start it, you have nothing to go on but his word that he didn't do any motor damage.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Friday, June 24, 2011 11:25 AM
^^ That is what I was thinking. If the engine still runs, and is just due for a timing belt, then I personally say it is a good deal. No run, no buy! Be smart!
Friday, June 24, 2011 11:42 AM
Back in the 90's I had bought one of these and it ended up having bent valves, so i got screwed. I drove it off the car lot and that was the first and last time.

Norms Fenders
Holes in front bumper from plate bracket (custom)
Solo Hi Flow Cat/ 3in dual exhaust
Kappa Intake/IC Pipes
Pcm4less Tune
Infinity Kappa Speakers
Dakota Digital EGT & Boost Gauage
DDM Probeam
JPM Shifter
Custom Kicker System By JPM
MBRP Heat Shield
Dejon Intercooler
AlkaControl Water/Meth Injection
Friday, June 24, 2011 12:51 PM
helltotheno.

Friday, June 24, 2011 3:54 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:"Needs a timing belt" means his broke, bent the valves and he's trying to dump it off munsuspecting buyer because if you can't start it, you have nothing to go on but his word that he didn't do any motor damage.

Exactly. If it runs I would consider it. Can be fun cars with a good aftermarket support but that is a TON of miles for a 4G63T. You won't know until you go to look at it.

Friday, June 24, 2011 4:08 PM
Run away. Dont walk. Run away from this car...NOW. This is a lemon waiting to happen

Friday, June 24, 2011 4:14 PM
I'm waiting for the "well contrary to what anyone advised, I bought it. Talked the guy down a whole $200 and got it for a grand. Now I'm just going to toss a timing belt on it and be done" which will be followed by "where can I get a good price on a head for my DSM?"

Friday, June 24, 2011 4:17 PM
It's his money he can do with it what he pleases even if it isn't money well spent. haha.

Friday, June 24, 2011 4:19 PM
This same thing happened to me, I paid 2500 for a 98 GST, black with the same @!#$ up clear, I drove it most of the way home, hasnt ran since. Needs a motor. These ares are pieces of @!#$.

Friday, June 24, 2011 4:31 PM
Karnage wrote:This same thing happened to me, I paid 2500 for a 98 GST, black with the same @!#$ up clear, I drove it most of the way home, hasnt ran since. Needs a motor. These ares are pieces of @!#$.

While I'm not a DSM fan, I will say this.... "These cars are pieces of @!#$" usually(especially in the case of the DSM) translates to "These cars are cheap and have turbo's on them so punk asses buy, beat, and resell them often. Giving them a very bad name and reputation for reliability". Don't always blame the car. Some people think BMW's are bad, but if you do regular maintenance like a good car owner they last forever without any major issues. It's all in the consumer sometimes.

Friday, June 24, 2011 10:06 PM
Let's just look at the situation here: You're thinking about buying one of the most problematic cars in recent history that already has problems with it that the owner is going to willingly hand off to someone else. I certainly wouldn't. I could spend $1100 on a lot better things than that.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, June 27, 2011 4:18 PM
I had a 96 GST back in the day, and that car gave me hardly any problems. Ran like a champ, and responded very well to mods. Maybe I got lucky, but I never had engine problems, and had to build the transmission when the power levels got to high for it (slushbox)

I think a lot of it has to do with maintainence and just all around taking care of the car. Experiences may vary, and the cars reputation absolutely precedes it. But if that car were in my area, I would probaby buy it in a heartbeat. But that's just me.
Monday, June 27, 2011 4:33 PM
You would buy a non-running DSM with an interference fit motor that "just needs a timing belt" and take the owners word for it? Knowing that those cars are notorious for being owned by punk asses who flog them.... You make bad decisions dude. Like I said, maintenance is everything and the cars have a bad rep because of how most of their owners use/treat them. But that car I would put money on, has at the very least some bent valves because of the "just needs a timing belt put on" issue.

Monday, June 27, 2011 4:51 PM
Yes...I would, because I have torn apart a 4g63t many times, and I know several people in the community. It wouldn't be anything for me to swap out a head on that car and have a potentially great running car for dirt cheap. Like I said, that's just me. Anyone else for that matter, I really couldn't say.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search