Crazy Slowbalt - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Crazy Slowbalt
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:32 PM
http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/featured-car-showcase-74/exsoccer1921-fcotm-july-11-a-253216/

This car is up for FCOTM and I have talked to him but never actually seen the whole write up of the mods he has done. The cool thing is that he is super active and super helpful.

Re: Crazy Slowbalt
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:13 PM
Quote:

Borg Warner/Bullseye Power 6 blade billet wheel s262 .70 a/r turbine

Wow. I wonder if that's a typo and meant to say "s362". Otherwise, that's an awfully big compressor wheel for a 200 series 0.70AR turbine.

I have no signiture
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:24 PM
that sumbish is one hell of a sleeper

Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:45 AM
ehhhh i mean its a cool ride but i personally was never a fan of shop cars........to me i respect more of the guy off the street building a car then a shop car that has exclusive parts only for him that joe shmo or whatever cant get

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:37 AM
yeah but in allot of these applications once said shop car does the build and makes great numbers or whatever those speacial parts get allot of attention and then allot of times get built and made for the general public. trickle down effect.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, June 30, 2011 6:44 AM
Don't get me wrong, its a cool car.........but as much as he says its not a shop car, it is totally a shop car.

Dropped it off at ZZP, handed them a wack load of cash, and then went back and picked it up, where is the fun in that???

Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:42 AM
If I'm not mistaken he purchased that car rather well built from another forum member.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:17 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:If I'm not mistaken he purchased that car rather well built from another forum member.

hatrickstu's old car?
Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:31 AM
Regardless of the circumstances, I think the car looks and performs amazing. Definitely one of the nicer slowbalts that I've seen.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:35 AM
blakcvy03 wrote:
Joe Schulte wrote:If I'm not mistaken he purchased that car rather well built from another forum member.

hatrickstu's old car?

Yes that does ring a bell, thinking so.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:31 AM
newt wrote:Don't get me wrong, its a cool car.........but as much as he says its not a shop car, it is totally a shop car.

Dropped it off at ZZP, handed them a wack load of cash, and then went back and picked it up, where is the fun in that???

Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:34 PM
It would to be cool to see a stripped out and gutted Cobalt SS "drag car" tho that still sees street duty.

Which seems to be the direction this is going...so props to him for that.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 1:28 PM
It is a shop car but still.... as cars go... it's awesome. And like I said he is a cool dude to boot(though sometimes cocky, which I guess he can be haha.). PLUS it is a LSJ. Well.... the parts number says so anyways. haha.

I know what you guys mean about putting your own blood, sweat, and tears into a car for more respect.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:21 PM
All that car needs to make it perfect is a set of high powered D's

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:38 PM

Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:29 PM
Lmfao.... you just wish yours was boosted. ;P

But that is hilarious.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:00 PM
Honestly, i DO wish I had ponied up and got the SS that day instead of my POS. But more than anything i needed cheap and reliable. I like how yours is coming up though.

Friday, July 01, 2011 2:21 AM
I heard mixed things about the base model balts.

And thanks a lot man. I am proud of my car considering how young I am and I am doing things on a budget to reflect that. Though I am eventually going to fork up the money for the stage 3 kit. All in dew time.

Friday, July 01, 2011 5:14 AM
due.... not dew.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Friday, July 01, 2011 6:25 AM
newt wrote:Dropped it off at ZZP, handed them a wack load of cash, and then went back and picked it up, where is the fun in that???

A lot of people do that here, I agree where is the fun.

On the other hand, I had a great deal of wrench time build with my turbo kit. I couldnt do ALL of the work because I dont weld. However, my car was over my buddies house for a couple of months and I was over there every other day helping with my kit.

Im just saying some of us do not have the resources or the means to do MAJOR work to our cars. I have pulled, installed, pulled, installed my motor twice to break it down and I am proud of that. Some peeps can't even do that just because they don't have the resources.

Now depending on a person's attitude after they have gotten their car back from a shop build will determine what I think of them. If they are cool as fu(ck and are not cockey then im cool with that, if they think their shiit don't stink and act like they built their car then that is what I have a problem with.

I know I strayed from topic lol, but I just wanted to say that I kind of agree with both sides here

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, July 01, 2011 6:29 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:due.... not dew.

is it sad my first reaction was to look for a like button? Sad really.

That car is really nice and a hell of a sleeper, yeah some people like doing their own wrenching and whatnot and earn the respect knowing they built it, but some people just like getting in and driving it. At least he knows what's done to it, I know a kid who used to take his car to a shop and tell them to make it fast and write a check having no clue what was done.

Friday, July 01, 2011 11:21 AM
OhForKavy (WhiteKnightro) wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:due.... not dew.

is it sad my first reaction was to look for a like button? Sad really.

That car is really nice and a hell of a sleeper, yeah some people like doing their own wrenching and whatnot and earn the respect knowing they built it, but some people just like getting in and driving it. At least he knows what's done to it, I know a kid who used to take his car to a shop and tell them to make it fast and write a check having no clue what was done.

Why because I screwed up one word and don't recheck everything I post because most of the time I am at work on my cell and don't have time to do such things?

Friday, July 01, 2011 1:09 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:
blakcvy03 wrote:

hatrickstu's old car?

Yeah it was his car but everything he had on there was taken off and they put all zzp stuff. What I have found with 90% cobalt guys is anything sold to them needs to be bolt on, no modifications needed. I built my turbo kit for a song because I got parts from people that were bought brand new then they figured out they couldn't install in or they didn't have enough money for someone to do it.

ZZP does this kind of install a lot and many guy do spend a lot of money to get where they are. I don't agree with some of the parts for their kits but they do make some nice parts. That's why I pieced together my kit and built it the way I wanted!

Friday, July 01, 2011 6:08 PM
GTmatters wrote:I heard mixed things about the base model balts.

Probably everything you heard is correct. The car is cheaply put together like a 90's Hyundai, But it costs me $208 a month that's car payment and insurance together so at least it'snot just built cheap it priced accordingly. LOL

I just want to pay off my student loans and get a house and then a weekend toy, and keep this as my daily driver. So having a cheap car is just fine for me. Still, I wish i had the boosted model.

Saturday, July 02, 2011 6:17 AM
jmarks82 wrote:
Joe Schulte wrote:
blakcvy03 wrote:

hatrickstu's old car?

Yeah it was his car but everything he had on there was taken off and they put all zzp stuff. What I have found with 90% cobalt guys is anything sold to them needs to be bolt on, no modifications needed. I built my turbo kit for a song because I got parts from people that were bought brand new then they figured out they couldn't install in or they didn't have enough money for someone to do it.

ZZP does this kind of install a lot and many guy do spend a lot of money to get where they are. I don't agree with some of the parts for their kits but they do make some nice parts. That's why I pieced together my kit and built it the way I wanted!

Yep that's what I noticed with the Cobalt guy's too, I think the Cobalt group is a joke hence why I didn't care too much for CED.

In that case, might as well showcase the Ryan's car or any other ZZP shop which are a bit more impressive.

As for an SS being superior to a base model, it's a still a Cobalt, I've driven plenty of base's for work, only difference is my piece of @!#$ goes faster and handles better therefore has fallen apart that much more.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search