Crazy Slowbalt - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Crazy Slowbalt
Thursday, July 07, 2011 7:34 AM
I count 4 with SS's. I paid around $100/mo when I was single and 23 for my insurance.

Thursday, July 07, 2011 11:38 AM
For full coverage? I need your insurance provider.

Thursday, July 07, 2011 11:43 AM
OK the biggest factor w/ car insurance is location, someone who lives in a city will pay an ass load more then someone who lives in the sticks or a less populated area. Secondly a 2 door cav is ultimately in the "sports car" category because it's a "coupe", don't ask me why but I found this out while checking with several insurance companies last year. I have nationwide w/ full balls to the wall coverage and pay 72$ a month.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, July 07, 2011 1:54 PM
Hey just because I live in a city with a field in my back yard doesn't mean I live in the sticks, lol. That insurance was with them assuming I drive 12k miles a yr to Toledo. I have travelers now but I go through a local insurance company. So I contact her with any changes and she takes care of it. Maybe try that?

Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:09 PM
Qwibby PTE Powered wrote:OK the biggest factor w/ car insurance is location, someone who lives in a city will pay an ass load more then someone who lives in the sticks or a less populated area. Secondly a 2 door cav is ultimately in the "sports car" category because it's a "coupe", don't ask me why but I found this out while checking with several insurance companies last year.

1. I don't pay a crap ton for insurance and live in Omaha... in a very populated area... and commute into the city at peak hours with heavy traffic.

2. No it's not. I don't know what brain dead insurance agents you talked to, but a car is not classified as a Sports Car just for being a coupe. Wow they're retarded or you're blowing smoke out your ass.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, July 07, 2011 5:42 PM
i was quoted $110 a month through nationwide/allied for a brand spanking new 2010 ss/tc back when i was dumb and ordered one. full coverage with a low-ass deductible.

Thursday, July 07, 2011 8:51 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
Qwibby PTE Powered wrote:OK the biggest factor w/ car insurance is location, someone who lives in a city will pay an ass load more then someone who lives in the sticks or a less populated area. Secondly a 2 door cav is ultimately in the "sports car" category because it's a "coupe", don't ask me why but I found this out while checking with several insurance companies last year.

1. I don't pay a crap ton for insurance and live in Omaha... in a very populated area... and commute into the city at peak hours with heavy traffic.

2. No it's not. I don't know what brain dead insurance agents you talked to, but a car is not classified as a Sports Car just for being a coupe. Wow they're retarded or you're blowing smoke out your ass.

NEBRASKA Dustin vs PENNSYLVANIA it's based on total yearly accident's(by state), total population, and concentration of population, they then break that info down to age, race, gender and yes a manual 2 door coupe is classified as a "sports car" I spoke with progressive, state farm, nation wide, geico, safe auto and e-surance, idk why that's just the way it's classified. Is it compared to a corvette, no, but then again a Miata is also classified as a sports car, and so is a GTI.

When it come's down to car insurance it's all statistical, based on the states yearly statistics of certain aged drivers (gender, age, race), they base they're starting fee off the whole bunch. That's how it's done, argue it anyway you want to, you're wrong otherwise. Car insurance is all statistics and probability, however you cut it, that's what it comes down too. Car insurance says an 18-24 year old male is MORE likely to get into an accident then a female of the same age, is that always accurate? No, but that's how they cut it simply because in this state that's what it boils down to every year. I went from paying 280$ a month to 91$ a month when I turned 25. But thats how it's done.

This right here backs up and confirms everything I said...

How Car insurance is calculated

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, July 07, 2011 9:01 PM
This is as close to finding out why a 2 door cavalier is considered a sports car (as far as a Z24 or LS Sport is concerned)

Sports Cars

Size/weight/hp rating/transmission/suspension/crash rating

Cavalier is small, light, @!#$ty crash rating, 5 spd, FE2 "Sports suspension" and 2 doors

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, July 08, 2011 7:12 AM
When stu had the car it was built by him. Driven exceptionally well at the track. And he was level headed.

Mark blew was it 15k of deployment money. Had it shipped to zzp. And is rather cocky about it.

Friday, July 08, 2011 5:00 PM
Carbon Cavi wrote:When stu had the car it was built by him. Driven exceptionally well at the track. And he was level headed.

Mark blew was it 15k of deployment money. Had it shipped to zzp. And is rather cocky about it.

Pretty sad, but typical.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 4:29 PM
He did make 591hp on race gas. If I had that money It wouldn't go In no cobalt that's forsure.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 5:12 PM
27, both the 02 cavy which is fully insured with 2 million liability and @ appraised value, my 09 jeep srt8 with 2 million liability and my house together are less than $200 month and the deductible for them is $250.

you are getting completely ass raped on insurance to the point i dont know how you sit down without screaming in agony

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search