2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Page 10 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2011 Chevrolet Cruze
Monday, July 25, 2011 8:23 AM
True. And it's hard to compare since I haven't driven a z24 in about 7 years. But I guess I was expecting it to be completely putsy, which I wouldnt say is the case. Probably enough pep for most people

Monday, July 25, 2011 4:35 PM
I am waiting for the diesel to hit. The numbers look very impressive for a 2l diesel. I just hope there is enough room within the fuel system to support more fueling to unleash some more power. I just would hate to see how bad the torque steer will be with the amount of torque they put out.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:59 AM
Two steps forward, one step back. Diesel is rumored to be auto only.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:47 AM
/facepalm...

Monday, September 05, 2011 10:00 AM
From GM...
Chevrolet Cruze Remains Best Selling Compact Car in U.S.
Contributed to 16 percent increase in total Chevrolet sales in August

DETROIT – For the fourth month in a row, the Chevrolet Cruze is the best-selling compact car in the United States, recording a total of 21,807 sales in August. It is also the fifth-consecutive month of Cruze sales exceeding 20,000 units.

Calendar year to date, Chevrolet has sold a total of 169,427 Cruzes. Due to sustained customer demand, Chevrolet dealers have about a 30-day supply of Cruze sedans, roughly half the industry average.

“The Cruze has been a great success story for Chevrolet,” said Alan Batey, U.S. vice president, Chevrolet Sales and Service. “In less than a year, the Cruze has become one of the most-popular cars on the market, and it is successfully bringing new customers to Chevrolet showrooms.”

The Cruze contributed to Chevrolet’s overall growth in August, when the brand sold a total of 152,779 vehicles, an increase of 16 percent over the same month a year ago. Much of that growth has been fueled by car sales, which increased 22 percent over last August.

The brand’s car sales are expected to continue gaining momentum, as the all-new Sonic subcompact and 2012 Chevrolet Volt electric car with extended range start arriving at dealerships this month.

The Cruze Eco manual delivers an EPA-estimated 42 miles per gallon highway, making it the most fuel-efficient, gasoline-powered car in the United States, excluding hybrids and diesels. To achieve its segment-leading fuel economy, Cruze’s engineers focused on aerodynamic performance, reducing weight and powertrain enhancements

For example, the Cruze Eco was the first in the compact-car segment to offer an active air shutter that closes at higher speeds to reduce aerodynamic drag and opens at lower speeds to optimize engine-cooling airflow. Engineers also made more than 42 changes to reduce weight on the Cruze Eco, such as light-weight 17-inch wheels and tires save 21.2 pounds (9.6 kg) per vehicle.

The Cruze Eco features a standard Ecotec 1.4L turbocharged engine that delivers the fuel efficiency of a smaller engine, as well as the power of a larger engine when needed. The Ecotec 1.4L turbo delivers 138 horsepower (103 kW) and 148 lb.-ft. of torque (200 Nm) between 1,850 rpm and 4,900 rpm.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, September 16, 2011 6:58 PM
test drove one with the gf to replace her jeep liberty and they are nice without a doubt however i found the seats to be uncomfortable and thought maybe it was cause they were brand new until i saw that the odometer was already 11000kms due to being the dealer demo.

test drove the honda civic as well as the hyundai elantra and they both seem to have more room and are by far more comfortable to live in and get the same mileage as well

Re: Chevrolet Cruze info
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:36 PM
This car needs to happen here!

From Holden...
Holden’s soon-to-be-released Cruze hatch has been awarded the highest possible five-star safety rating from the Australasian New Car Assessment Program.

Launching in November, the Australian designed-and-built Cruze hatch maintains the high safety standards set by the Series II Cruze sedan which went on sale earlier this year.

Like the sedan, hatch receives the maximum safety rating thanks to standard fitment of a comprehensive range of high-technology active and passive safety features.

Six airbags including driver and front passenger, front side impact and side curtain airbags, electronic stability control, anti-lock braking system, electronic brake force distribution, traction control and a collapsible pedal assembly system all come standard.

The entire Cruze range also benefits from a robust body structure and a technically advanced chassis system which helps deliver enhanced crash avoidance capabilities.

Energy-absorbing load paths protect the passenger safety cell and offer optimum protection in the event of a collision.

“We knew we were building an extremely safe car but it’s great to get this third-party recognition,” GM Holden Chairman and Managing Director Mike Devereux said. “The high level of safety features is just one of the many reasons Cruze has been so well received in this country.

“With stunning Cruze hatch styling, a high level of standard features and now this safety stamp of approval, we believe we’re on to a real winner. We can’t wait to get the hatch version into our showrooms next month and into customer’s hands,” he said.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:46 PM
I am sure that if they kept that hatch the way it is in the pic (well...gotta add the bowtie of course), It would be a good move for GM. But chances are, it wont happen.
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:15 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

I have been hoping we would get these since they published the concept drawings a while back. I would love to see it brought over with some more engine and drivetrain options as well.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Sunday, October 16, 2011 8:53 PM
I myself, would prefer they do this instead.

And give us back the damn LNF

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:02 AM
I went back and re-read all ten pages of this thread and I have to laugh and shake my head at my own comments considering my current life situation and the fact I now own and Eco model and absolutely love it. I tried a truly gutless hyundai veloster after my sunfire, and fairly quickly moved to this car. The veloster was dangerously slow from a dig, and failed immensely to deliver on it's original EPA rating (Hyundai has since lowered the rating). The cruze nailed over 40mpg on it's first tank, and at 4k miles has only given me two tanks under 40mpg (38+). Based on my pre-judgement of this car I would have never ever thought I'd be happy owning one, but that's what a couple years of perspective can do to you lol.

Now that HPT supports it as well as ZZP, I'm looking forward to some mild modification and many years of ownership.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:39 AM
I was on a trip recently and had a rental Cruze for a week. 2LT version, leather, auto. I loved it.
I've been considering one of these for my next car and I'm sold. I'm very impressed with the quality feel of it in all aspects.

Definitely not your typical econobox GM piece of crap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:39 AM

Monday, December 03, 2012 7:03 PM
drive it for a while and let me know how you feel about that transmission. I drove my mom's new Cruze for a week while home visiting, and it shifted really oddly, downshifted horribly, hiccuped and hitched like it couldn't pick a gear with NO change in my throttle input. I told her to take it back to the dealer, demand that they let her test drive another one, and if it's not like that, they either give her a new car or brand new transmission. I've driven a lot of cars in my life, and have never felt one shift so strangely in my life.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, December 03, 2012 7:16 PM
The auto gets lot of laggy shift complaints, have noticed it myself, it's picky as to the throttle input.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 5:16 AM
Someone should but my Cruze! 2011 Cruze Eco manual six speed, 16000 miles, ZZP intake, down pipe, mid pipe, front mount intercooler kit and the Trifecta dual stage tune. 21 psi in sport mode and 50 mpg in economy mode. $15000 obo.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:45 PM
we had a rental one in vegas and it was pretty bad, made the trip to kingman near unbearible, but its proally cause it was a rental
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 6:54 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:Someone should but my Cruze! 2011 Cruze Eco manual six speed, 16000 miles, ZZP intake, down pipe, mid pipe, front mount intercooler kit and the Trifecta dual stage tune. 21 psi in sport mode and 50 mpg in economy mode. $15000 obo.

Fair price!

Sunday, December 09, 2012 12:36 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:drive it for a while and let me know how you feel about that transmission. I drove my mom's new Cruze for a week while home visiting, and it shifted really oddly, downshifted horribly, hiccuped and hitched like it couldn't pick a gear with NO change in my throttle input. I told her to take it back to the dealer, demand that they let her test drive another one, and if it's not like that, they either give her a new car or brand new transmission. I've driven a lot of cars in my life, and have never felt one shift so strangely in my life.

oh its not just your mom's lol its all the auto cruze's AND the auto sonic's..... and believe me, there are worse... drive a new auto fiesta or focus. same issue only more pronounced. it almost feels like they drop into neutral to me until you give them gas.... and sluggish as hell shifts for every single one of them. if your gonna buy these cars manuals are the only way to go IMO.

i drive all these pile's at hertz on a daily basis. tons of customer complaints and bad reviews over ALL of them. the cruze is a decent car dont get me wrong but i just dont think it lives up to the end all, be all of hyped gm compact cars like so many think.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:47 AM
My moms Sonic @!#$s every weird if I drive it, but shifts normal when the mother drives it. I haven't had enough time driving it to see if it adjusts to your driving habits or not.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, December 14, 2012 4:58 PM
My mom had no complaints, but then I visit for a week and complain every single day. Like to the point where I told her there's something majorly wrong.... Seems like the trans just doesn't know what to do when you drive more than 10% throttle. Throttle input is the only factory I can come up with that might be different in our driving. It's her car, so I drive it with respect, so it wasn't a major change in driving style.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, December 14, 2012 9:06 PM
As a testimony to the above I feel an auto Cruze is faster with an smooth 60% throttle application for example, than going full throttle. With the right load it will shift nice and crisp.

If you adapt to it, it's less noticeable, if you expect it to adapt to you...good luck.

Friday, December 14, 2012 11:45 PM
I just find it an absolute slap in the face for a car to require "adapting" or "getting used to" with something like transmission feel, shifting, and attitude. It should shift like a normal transmission unless it's a CVT. It shouldn't feel choppy, odd, late, early, and like it's shifting all the damn time. Big thumbs down to GM with this one as far as I'm concerned. It's a shame too, because otherwise I think my mom's Cruze is a pretty damn nice car.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, December 17, 2012 3:44 AM
Well I drove the moms car again up to the store. Seem like it doesn't want to downshift...when it should.

Seems to me like the program for the trans is off. When she drives it, it drives completely normal.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, September 20, 2013 4:22 PM
Well after driving around in a 2014 Cruze rental today I'm not very impressed. The drone noise of the engine is enough to drive me nuts. The interior materials is a joke, the plastic in our Saturn SL1 is softer to the touch, gauge-pod design looks like something from 2+ decades ago and doesn't really flow with the Dash design. Seats are however nice. Has some get up and go as well. One thing that is quite odd is how high up you are sitting. If we were shopping for a new car today I can tell ya a Cruze would be nowhere near the top of the list. It might be better than a Cobalt/G5/Ion but with the competition in the small car segment today GM needs to step it up a bit more.

Friday, September 20, 2013 6:26 PM
I've driven a few Cruzes....besides training that auto trans, they are quite nice......

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search