2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Page 8 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2011 Chevrolet Cruze
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 1:23 AM
[quoteThis parts bin stuff has to stop, or there isnt going to be a GM.
]

Well there will always be a government to keep GM rollin. lol Decisions aren't very hard to make when you know in the end you never lose and other people get to clean up your @!#$.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 3:05 PM
urweak wrote:Whats the deal with the GM cookie cutter dash @!#$. Why don't they just do away with brand identity and file everything under the GM name if they are going to just keep making redundant vehicles. This parts bin stuff has to stop, or there isnt going to be a GM.

WTF are you talking about?

First off the Cruze is selling VERY well and secondly what parts binning?

NO other GM car has the same dash, and if you're talking about the radio/HVAC just STFU already because ALL automakers have a corporate version used in most if not all of their cars.
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 4:58 PM
I finally got to drive a Cruze Eco today and it was exactly what i thought 3000 lb car with 138 hp would feel lie. Its not quite as peppy as a Z24 but its definitely faster than a 2200. With that being said, its a nice car and gets 42 mpg hwy, well worth $19k IMO...

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:00 PM
Feel like* damn the no edit forums!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:22 PM
We just got two Eco's in, recognized the wheels, to my delight the silver of the two was indeed a 6-speed manual car. Probably going to bring it home this weekend for the hell of it, considering leasing once my GM Employee Discount is in effect.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 12:37 AM
Drove a lt1 this past friday, man that was a pig lol. I would love to try the eco though!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:52 AM
Update on what could be the "SS" version:

Right now top-spec Cruze models in both the U.S. and Australia use a 138-horsepower 1.4-liter turbocharged I-4. It is rumored that the hotter Cruze SS could use the turbocharged 1.6-liter I-4 from the Opel Astra, which produces 177 horsepower and 170 pound-feet of torque, or creating a Cruze HSV, using the 286-horsepower, twin-scroll turbocharged four-cylinder from the recently unveiled Astra OPC The Cruze and Astra share the same Delta II architecture, so it is thoretically possible to see any of the powertrain options from the Astra appear in the Cruze.
Full story found here.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:01 AM
with the more powerful hsv, would consider, i don't see the need for a slow big car. would end up getting worse gas mileage just getting up to speed.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:33 PM
Well, Chevrolet is not planning to offer an SS version of its Cruze sedan, despite recent rumors to the contrary. The company is holding its line on not deploying the SS branding to every model—in fact, at this point the only Chevy so badged is the Camaro—and as such, there won’t be a Cruze SS.
That doesn’t, however, rule out the possibility of an engine with more power than what’s currently offered for the car—two four-cylinder motors with 138 hp each. Rather than a sport-oriented Cruze SS, GM is considering a more-luxurious Cruze, which would include the option for an upgraded powerplant. GM’s product planners have a number of options to choose from, should they go this route: there’s a 182-hp 2.4-liter four used in the Buick Regal and upcoming Verano, as well as a 2.0-liter turbo four that’s tuned to make between 220 and 260 hp.
But with GM focusing on mainstream models, its sales and profits are up. Besides, there already is some Chevy performance available on the cheap: the 312-hp, rear-drive Camaro starts at $23,530.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:24 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Well, Chevrolet is not planning to offer an SS version of its Cruze sedan, despite recent rumors to the contrary. The company is holding its line on not deploying the SS branding to every model—in fact, at this point the only Chevy so badged is the Camaro—and as such, there won’t be a Cruze SS.
That doesn’t, however, rule out the possibility of an engine with more power than what’s currently offered for the car—two four-cylinder motors with 138 hp each. Rather than a sport-oriented Cruze SS, GM is considering a more-luxurious Cruze, which would include the option for an upgraded powerplant. GM’s product planners have a number of options to choose from, should they go this route: there’s a 182-hp 2.4-liter four used in the Buick Regal and upcoming Verano, as well as a 2.0-liter turbo four that’s tuned to make between 220 and 260 hp.
But with GM focusing on mainstream models, its sales and profits are up. Besides, there already is some Chevy performance available on the cheap: the 312-hp, rear-drive Camaro starts at $23,530.
i hear it will be a buick verano

see ya!

Sunday, April 03, 2011 11:48 AM
In the May 2011 issue of Road & Track (page 40) is a brief 'Tested' article, "2011 CHevrolet Cruze Eco: Fun, efficient, frugal," by Shaun Bailey.

...here are the articles' highlights:

• 0-60 MPH = 8.1 sec.
• 0-¼ MILE = 16.2 sec @ 86.8 mph
• Top Speed = 130 mph (electronically limited)
• Skidpad = 0.84 G
• Slalom = 67.3 mph
• Curb Weight = 3050 lbs.

Seems to be just as fast as a stock Z24...

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Sunday, April 03, 2011 11:58 AM
That's one heavy bitch. Imagine the fuel economy if it was 2400lbs.
Sunday, April 03, 2011 12:00 PM
Even the Cavalier in lightest form was more than 2400lbs.

Actually better numbers than I was expecting to see.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 12:41 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:In the May 2011 issue of Road & Track (page 40) is a brief 'Tested' article, "2011 CHevrolet Cruze Eco: Fun, efficient, frugal," by Shaun Bailey.

...here are the articles' highlights:

• 0-60 MPH = 8.1 sec.
• 0-¼ MILE = 16.2 sec @ 86.8 mph
• Top Speed = 130 mph (electronically limited)
• Skidpad = 0.84 G
• Slalom = 67.3 mph
• Curb Weight = 3050 lbs.

Seems to be just as fast as a stock Z24...

Well, not really. I have an article from 1996 or 1998 that R&T tested a z24 to 60 in 7.7 secs and 1/4 in under 16secs. Those Cruze Eco times are more comparable to a 5 speed 2.2 OHV that C/D did in 1996 or maybe a Ecotec LS Sport manual that other media outlets tested.
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:That's one heavy bitch. Imagine the fuel economy if it was 2400lbs.

If you think that's a porker you should see the other version of that model. Easily tack on another 150lbs. But altleast this car could be classified a "Midsize" because of how big the car is on the inside.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Monday, April 04, 2011 7:11 PM
While this is at the top, I'd like to note I put 500 or miles on one of our 1LT's this weekend and loved it. A good amount of car for 20k, and everyone whom I let drive it and check it out liked it too. I can't get over the interior, very nice for an entry-level GM car.

Car rides great, loved the iPod capability, feel of the steering wheel controls, and fuel economy was the most noticeable factor of why I took it! Damn thing is so nimble too, I love the feel of the steering wheel (leather wrapped option) and steering itself.

Am seriously considering leasing one.

Monday, April 04, 2011 8:26 PM
EVERY car brand new feels great, I'd love to hear how some owners up in the years like the cruze (Europe?) My '07 Mazda 3 with almost 110k kms still feels tight, the interior squeaks just as little as day 1 and nothing interior wise is wearing abnormally, or really at all for that matter.
My old Z24 I got at 80k kms was already tired feeling. My point is, time will tell, but I can imagine it holds up pretty well overall.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 5:13 AM
Just heard on the news this morning that the Cruze is the 2nd best selling small car in America It appears GM finally knocked one out of the park in the small car segment.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:44 AM
Theres still no suitable replacement for the cobalt coupe, face it before the cruze the majority of cobalts out there are 2 doors, same deal with cavaliers

until they make a 2 door cruze regardless of the engine im not interested, what I have is better than any other FWD coupe they offer right now in terms of performance and gas mileage

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, May 05, 2011 2:53 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote: what I have is better than any other FWD coupe they offer right now in terms of performance and gas mileage

of course it is. you have a larger and more efficient blower on your car. and you tuned the computer for that blower, mpg, blah blah etc. now if GM did the same thing, who knows what they could get

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, May 05, 2011 3:21 PM
Cruze has a recall right now because of the steering shaft. Concern about it not being installed correctly lol. They said they also will check out the transmissions when people bring them in for the steering recalls. Anybody know whats up with the trannys?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, May 05, 2011 7:05 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Cruze has a recall right now because of the steering shaft. Concern about it not being installed correctly lol. They said they also will check out the transmissions when people bring them in for the steering recalls. Anybody know whats up with the trannys?

Earlier Cruzes had a lag issue (a few mags pointed it out), so they are "adjusting" the trans.

I've driven both the early and later verisions, and there really was a noticeable lag while city driving...

Drove and updated one...much better!

The shaft issues effects about 1,000 cruzes.....

Friday, May 06, 2011 4:43 PM
^^ Thx.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:18 PM
Update, but for the 2012 model year Cruze.
From GM... .

With gasoline topping $4 a gallon, there are many ways to conserve fuel and save money. The Chevrolet Cruze relies on microprocessors in the brain of the compact car’s fuel system to help.

The Electronic Returnless Fuel System on the Cruze increases fuel economy by 2 percent compared to vehicles with a standard fuel system, said Terry Wilton, General Motors’ senior manager for fuel system components.

The Cruze Eco model with a manual transmission offers an estimated 42 miles per gallon on the highway, best among all compacts.

“We’ve combined a lot of technologies on the Cruze to offer customers hybrid-like fuel economy without the cost of the hybrid system,” Wilton said.

The microprocessor behind the Electronic Returnless Fuel System electronically manages the delivery of fuel from the fuel tank to the engine. It is controlled by the brain of the Cruze’s fuel system – the fuel system/chassis control module. The control module can raise or lower the pressure in the fuel line by speeding up or slowing down the fuel pump. This allows the system to make more efficient decisions on the amount of fuel provided to the engine compared to vehicles with a standard fuel system whose fuel pump runs at full speed all the time.

The system reduces voltage to a point where the pump doesn’t deliver excess fuel. The lower fuel pump speed results in less power consumption, which reduces the electrical load on the alternator. That reduces the strain on the engine, resulting in increased fuel economy.

“To a customer, the Electronic Returnless Fuel System technology is seamless,” said Wilton. “The driver does not notice the changes to fuel pump speed because engine fueling requirements vary during different vehicle driving conditions.”

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:56 AM
Update on the 2012 Cruze...
From GM...

For 2012, Chevrolet Cruze models with the 1.4L turbo and six-speed automatic transmission will get 2 mpg better fuel economy. The Cruze Eco with an automatic transmission will deliver as much as 39 mpg on the highway compared with 37 mpg for the current model.

The most popular 1.4L turbo/six-speed automatic will get 38 mpg compared with 36 mpg for the current model. A lower axle ratio for the 2012 models enables the approximately 5 percent increase in highway fuel efficiency for Cruze.

Cruze Eco with the standard six-speed manual transmission remains the most fuel-efficient gas-powered/non-hybrid vehicle in America, with an EPA-rated 42 mpg on the highway.

Also for 2012, a feature package containing Bluetooth phone connectivity, USB port, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, cruise control, leather-wrapped steering wheel and a leather-wrapped shift knob will be standard on 1LT and Eco models. These features were part of the $525 Connectivity Plus Cruise option package on 2011 models. The option was ordered by 90 percent of American customers.

"Chevrolet is committed to responding to what customers want and making it easier for them," said Rick Scheidt, vice president of Chevrolet marketing. "Adding these previously optional features streamlines the ordering process and answers the call of what our customers told us should be standard."

Cruze, which was the best-selling small car in the United States in May, is Chevrolet's best-selling nameplate around the world, with global sales of more than 250,000 in the first four months of 2011.

"Fueled by a successful launch in the United States and continued growth in China, Chevrolet Cruze is proving to be the right car at the right time," Scheidt said "Fuel economy is the top reason customers buy a compact and the Cruze¡¯s greater efficiency for 2012 makes it all the more attractive."

Additional standard equipment on the 2012 Cruze includes:
-Remote keyless entry
-Air conditioning
-Audio system with AM/FM/CD and MP3 playback
-SiriusXM Satellite Radio with three-month trial service
-Driver information center with average and instant fuel economy feedback, tire pressure readout, oil life remaining and more
-Rear defogger
-Power windows
-Fuel-saving rack mounted electric power steering.

New equipment on the 2012 Cruze includes:
-6-speed manual transmission standard on 1LT and 2LT
-Keyless entry and keyless start available on 2LT and standard on LTZ
-Touch screen navigation system with 7¡± color display available on Eco, 2LT and LTZ
-16-inch five-spoke machined-face alloy wheels are standard on 1LT
-17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels with four-wheel disc brakes are standard on 2LT
-Compact spare tire and wheel standard on all models except Eco with manual transmission and 1FL (fleet)
-Fog lamps are standard on LTZ
-Exterior colors: Blue Granite Metallic, Blue Topaz Metallic and Victory Red (with RS appearance package only)

Cruze's standard safety features include:
-Ten standard air bags ¨C the most in the segment ¨C including frontal, head curtain side air bags, front and outboard rear-seat side-impact air bags and knee air bags
StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing, traction control and anti-lock brakes
-Collapsible pedal system, which allows the pedals to detach during a crash to reduce the risk of leg or ankle injuries
-OnStar with Automatic Crash Response.

The U.S. and Canadian versions of the Cruze are built in Lordstown, Ohio.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:03 PM
Or you could get a Hyundai Elantra in which ALL versions get 40mpg's not just a "special" economy edition. And a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. Just saying.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search