Lowered Girlfriends tC - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowered Girlfriends tC
Friday, August 05, 2011 11:25 AM
Well the front was cake. no problems, everything went on smooth. the rear tho..... wow that was horrible. Could not could not could not break that bolt on the bottom of the shock on either side. worked on it for 3.5 hours. nothing. had flood lights on the whole deal. lol.

sprayed the heck out of it with kroyl and left it over night, picked up a breaker bar from my dads work and went at it this morning. boom no issues. rear went together nicely. all went back together fine. and shes done!

pictures shortly. car is dirty with bird doo doo all over it. please excuse the appearance. Also please excuse any scratches or scrapes. Car was bought like this and is getting fully repainted in the spring.

Suspension choosed was
TRD Strutbar
Tein S-Techs springs
Tokyco HP Blue struts

The patient before surgery

Layed out the parts

Working on the front

Fronts done

Front

Strutbar installed

The rear was a nightmare. That bottom bolt would just not move. Worked on it late into the night.

Showed up back at my parents house bright and early

She was ready to come down she said

Finished!

Re: Lowered Girlfriends tC
Friday, August 05, 2011 11:56 AM
Dang that was a nice drop, got rid of that gap. Nice job. Hows your girl liking the ride?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, August 05, 2011 12:43 PM
Drop looks great. I love the Tcs.... I was looking for one when i got the SS.

How do you like it compared to the SS?

Friday, August 05, 2011 12:50 PM
She likes it! She said it needs swaybars next since there's still some slight roll. Hard to compare to the balt since I have aftermarket rear swaybar and harness bar. Does ride smoother tho not as bouncy. But it is brand new lol

Saturday, August 06, 2011 4:04 AM
Impressed of the drop!
Saturday, August 06, 2011 6:09 AM
Thanks! My girlfriend picked out the whole setup based on pics of people's rides and on how they said it rode / handled and lasted over time

Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:24 AM
I drove a tC for 6 months prior to buying my SS/SC, honestly, if the car matched the SC performance wise it'd been an easy decision to buy one.

Saturday, August 06, 2011 12:22 PM
very nice cars IMO. and they look amazing dropped, just as this one does

Saturday, August 06, 2011 12:37 PM
Thanks guys, and Joe I agree. I was honestly surprised! I expected a cheap economy car but honesty it moves nice, great aftermarket, prices are cheap on parts. Id rock one

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:57 AM
WOOOO TC FTW

Thats whats I traded my cavie in for same color and all
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:49 AM
I really like those cars. not a HUGE fan of the color, I LOVE them in white or silver. Seen a few around here modded and they are impressive looking.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:00 PM
hey man when are we gonna see some pics of your tc
Scion Evolution DFW wrote:WOOOO TC FTW

Thats whats I traded my cavie in for same color and all

Modding my j since I found the org
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:45 PM
I will get some on tomarrow or fri lol its gone through different phases stages and still not done lol
Sunday, October 23, 2011 9:46 AM
did some more to the car since then,

trd swaybar - MUST.

2008-2010 OEM Projector swap with Meng HIDs 6k

Xmas mods are going to be TMW Stage 2 short throw shifter with base bushings, and TRD axle back and CAI. Then for tax return we are doing trunk setup in my car, with new speakers throughout, and screen, new speakers and just standard system in hers.

Sunday, October 23, 2011 1:26 PM
You done a visual on the factory speakers in hers? They're impressive considering! I always felt had they added a sub those would of had a great factory system. Keep in mind I drove one for 6 months before I bought my Cobalt SS, and I still felt that way!

Sunday, October 23, 2011 1:38 PM
Car looks good man. Wish my girl cared to mod her car. Lmao

Sunday, October 23, 2011 7:22 PM
02- I love that she's into Modding! She's talking Turbo kit from dezod this summer! As well as wheels and lip kit

Joe what do u mean by visual? And yes it does sound nice but lacks bass

Monday, October 24, 2011 5:12 AM
I think you can actually see the speakers in the rear area and they're not cheap paper cone, they look like legit Pioneer's! Just was very disappointed when I saw my Cobalt's door speakers.

Monday, October 24, 2011 1:31 PM
Honestly I was surprised by the scion in general all around. Id buy one.

Monday, October 24, 2011 6:18 PM
02_redbadged wrote:Car looks good man. Wish my girl cared to mod her car. Lmao

This
She's a keeper I hope lol. Would be great to see who will win after her turbo setup.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Monday, October 24, 2011 10:12 PM
we will more than likely both be turbo swapped by next years end. shes going t3 t4, im going s256 or s259 et, she will shoot for 3, i will shoot for 4.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search