(fun)ctionality - Page 16 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: (fun)ctionality
Thursday, May 03, 2012 8:25 PM
Word!

Friday, May 04, 2012 3:51 PM
I have to say the HHR SS wheel is one of my favorite OEM wheels that GM has put on a FWD vehicle. Looks great Joe!!!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:55 AM
Retuned it @ ZZP last Friday, was in the mid 80's out and it still put down 302/374 with the WCF numbers being right there as well.

Went more aggressive on the tune, not for numbers sake, but boost hits much harder and lower. Some refining. Another track day is much needed.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:12 AM
Drive better?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:13 AM
i have always loved those!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:39 PM
A lot better, utilizing the clutch finally! ...and thanks!

Sunday, June 03, 2012 4:26 PM
Trans no like torque! Lost 3rd gear today.

Monday, June 04, 2012 4:18 AM
so plans for a upgrade or just a newer trans ???

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, June 04, 2012 4:54 AM
Booooo..... Get well soon!

Monday, June 04, 2012 5:52 AM
Damn that sucks, what did you tune look like? LSD trans?

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Monday, June 04, 2012 7:26 AM
Yes, G85/LSD.

Tune was quite aggressive, car has felt great. Clearly, too great.

New trans/rebuild, then decide. Teardown will be a while!

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 3:05 PM
Not a bad loaner, matches the other garage Jeep nicely.

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 3:27 PM
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 9:39 PM
wow suprised to hear about breakage. reminds me of a 5speed in a wrx. so much potential in th motor just a lack of gears to lay it all down. hell of impressive numbers.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:14 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:wow suprised to hear about breakage. reminds me of a 5speed in a wrx. so much potential in th motor just a lack of gears to lay it all down. hell of impressive numbers.

except helical and straight cuts/dog boxes/etc are just a phone call away for the subaru. :p

nice numbers! sorry to hear ya lost 3rd. :|

Thursday, June 07, 2012 7:12 AM
That happened to my buddies SS/TC, he NLS'd into 3rd and it stripped the gear.

Common problem with that trans, the cases flex under torque and cause the gears to go out of alignment, which causes them to eat themselves.

He ended up going with one of the GM Race Trans' from the Koni Challenge cars, came with a 4.41 FDR, it also had something revised internally to help pull some of the stresses off 3rd gear...don't remember exactly what, but he never had issues after that.

Sucks that happened tho man, I'm sure it will be back together in no time.

Thursday, June 07, 2012 10:03 AM
Yeah, identical theory, ZZP is offering a 4.45 FDR trans for such now.

Funny you mention flex, was hoping my mount would assist, but now that the tires and clutch was holding, well something else had to go.

I gave the SRT-8 back, if it was sensible I'd wash my hands and just trade the HHR in on such, but not too sensible right now. Love that it was silver with the 22" reps!

Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:27 PM
Ahh, that sux. I have enjoyed watching this thing progress. I have wanted an SS for a while.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Friday, June 08, 2012 10:06 PM
strat81 wrote:
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:wow suprised to hear about breakage. reminds me of a 5speed in a wrx. so much potential in th motor just a lack of gears to lay it all down. hell of impressive numbers.

except helical and straight cuts/dog boxes/etc are just a phone call away for the subaru. :p

yes they are. but with all that money to build the 5 speed.it would be more sensible to swap to the 6 speed. then build the 6 speed if you get that much power. i've read up on it a little. i am honestly worried about keeping my motor together. atleast till its paid off.

Friday, June 15, 2012 12:56 PM
Got her all broken back in, bittersweet to an extent.

Ah well, might actually hit the track here tonight and make a couple soft passes.

Monday, June 18, 2012 10:25 PM
So it is fixed now? We need to get together for some pics soon...

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:12 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
strat81 wrote:

yes they are. but with all that money to build the 5 speed.it would be more sensible to swap to the 6 speed. then build the 6 speed if you get that much power. i've read up on it a little. i am honestly worried about keeping my motor together. atleast till its paid off.

depends on what you're building the car for...

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:13 AM
Kevin Richter wrote:So it is fixed now? We need to get together for some pics soon...

It's fixed now, in the process of purchasing stock parts that I've seemingly lost.

Hasn't even been a year, silly ass purchase on my part.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:15 AM
Whalesac wrote:I must say, I wouldn't have expected this. I thought you were sick of fwd.

From after the initial purchase .

Friday, June 22, 2012 7:36 AM
Some "Instagram" photog compiled over the past month.

In order actually:
was retuned, felt great, blew transmission, went to part it down with stock parts, couldn't being myself to do it, so I just bought a new OEM bumper grille and reassembled!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search