(fun)ctionality - Page 18 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: (fun)ctionality
Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:17 PM
HHR is a simple intake/exhaust/tuned car now, just dropped on SSC springs. Still a riot though even being detuned it put down good #'s on the factory intercooler setup. Simply shifted the torque higher into the RPM band to avoid another trans failure with the stress down low.

From last season's winter storage, to full on winter whorage, I have all 4 Ion RL 17's just felt like only wrapping two with brand new Winterforces as my commute is petty. Not the smartest as I get some awesome drift action, but it can move in an inch of snow which is an accomplishment. My 18" rubber was mis-advertised by all-season.....they meant rain . I'll probably wrap the other 2 17's and have my factory 18's refinished silver for an OE look that isn't exactly as they were flawed chrome, the gunmetal is because I'd repaired them being they weren't OE to my HHR and needed a quick refinish-

Sadly the rice-rocket gets my attention, awful pretty for being 8 years old and the one year run of this color!

Sentimental as a good friend had drove to Ohio for it, I'd always loved it.
Marriage/kid on the way forced sale, bad timing for me, a friend of his bought it.
It sat, not ridden much, friend tries to sell upon job loss. I ponder.
Decided now is the time, to find he had sold it one week prior.
Jump on craigslist to browse others, amazingly kid whom bought it listed it the next day attempting to flip his good deal.
Kid lies to me, stumbles, I show up with cash, he forgets I know it's ownership claims to had owned two years, I call it out.
I let him make $200 on it, as it was still priced fair and I got to bring home something of value with history to me.

Happy to do all the things he never got the chance to, and maintain it's awesome condition. If anyone cares I do have a build thread on 600rr.net-
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=292513

Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:54 PM
Nice! I love my hondas

Friday, January 25, 2013 8:40 AM
I crave more Honda's like yours as a variety, just don't have the area to utilize such!

Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:32 PM
Mmmmm. 600RR. Id love to get my hands on one in the next couple of years.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:46 PM
Yeah I gave up on cars and got back into off road cars are too expensive to modify haha, j's aren't but I can't stand it anymore. I have been stopping myself from another street bike and have settled on finding a nice dual sport.

Monday, January 28, 2013 12:28 AM
Mike wrote:Yeah I gave up on cars and got back into off road cars are too expensive to modify haha, j's aren't but I can't stand it anymore. I have been stopping myself from another street bike and have settled on finding a nice dual sport.

Agreed on the cars becoming too expensive to Mod. I purchased a sportbike last March for all my go fast needs.

Joe-

Big fan of the color and bike, real sharp. Awsome build. Thanks for the info provided on the seat mod. Brilliant idea! Just completed mine on my 06. I have the same stand from harbor freight too. Just in need of some warm weather now.

Bryan

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Monday, January 28, 2013 6:23 AM
Thanks!

I got the Harbor Freight stand on sale for like $30 I believe, can't beat that, I just made sure I loctite'd all the hardware and it has worked great. Seat mod is a $5 must as well.

Can't wait for Spring myself.

Monday, January 28, 2013 8:19 AM
I do really like that Yamaha blue they painted your bike.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, January 28, 2013 7:08 PM
Love the bike myself.

Have the need to mod something, and it's not cars anymore.....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Monday, January 28, 2013 7:19 PM
Paint the wheels grey, or I'll hate you forever..

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:11 AM
ExESIVEFIRE wrote:Paint the wheels grey, or I'll hate you forever..

or get polished HHR SS wheels again..

I honestly missed the moment you changed to grey wheels... You are the greatest OEM wheel whore EVER.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:12 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
ExESIVEFIRE wrote:Paint the wheels grey, or I'll hate you forever..

or get polished HHR SS wheels again..

I honestly missed the moment you changed to grey wheels... You are the greatest OEM wheel whore EVER.

and then I read your post and it all makes sense.. lol

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:51 AM
I'm so confused.

The other two Ion RL's wheels are going on, I found some tires for them. So I'll have all 4 polished Ion RL's for winter duty.

These factory 18's were not original to mine, I ended up with them after some swapping and they had curbage. They only got sprayed as I repaired damage and needed a quick DIY finish!

OEM 18's will be pulled apart and refinished a silver I am thinking, so it's OEM look but not as they only came polished. I want something clean, don't like the dark wheels honestly.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:08 PM
Scored a pair of clean Triple Tread take-off's that were 225/55's for the rear, BEEFY! Close to the wheel liner for sure.

Slalom test though says all is well. After a two-day thaw snow resumes tomorrow. Tank time.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:23 PM
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:24 PM
Stock wheels are grey! Ion's will remain polished as their winter duty.

Stock wheels are either going silver, or being traded again for another set of SS/TC's in which I plan on refinishing silver as well (currently canned by current owner).

I love OEM wheel whoring.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:42 AM
Absolutely love the colour of your bike....its gorgeous!

Car looks good too

Friday, February 01, 2013 8:56 AM
This thread needs moar instagram. Looking good, as always, Joe!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Friday, February 01, 2013 4:11 PM
Are you done being an OEM wheel whore yet?

I surely hope so..

Friday, February 01, 2013 4:27 PM
Nice bike Joe, blue looks great! Quick tip... my buddy has one with the same exhaust, he cut it at the band clamp and shortened it to be flush with the tail, looks fantastic.

Member of J-body of Michigan. I'm parting out, BUY MY STUFF!!
Friday, February 01, 2013 4:45 PM
That bothers me too, but haven't been bothered enough yet to change it. Few have said something about it even. Came with the bike, almost would rather it came stock as the Two Bros' is great sounding but too damn loud, so if that couple inches pushes the sound and drone away from me so be it! I almost would like to sell it and get a Leo Vince, but we'll see!

Friday, February 01, 2013 5:51 PM
Change of wheel plans thanks to my homie for life JayVan!

Baller status being sought after.

Friday, February 01, 2013 7:33 PM
Friday, February 01, 2013 8:37 PM
Not so much baller like Andy, but no longer OEM.

Should be a nice change!

Friday, February 01, 2013 8:42 PM
You Michigan bitches and your secrets lately!!!!

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search