(fun)ctionality - Page 21 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: (fun)ctionality
Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:54 AM
I just might...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Thursday, December 19, 2013 5:42 PM
Tinted the front, add in-channel visors to keep the slop out-

Meaty Winterforce fitment, hence the Ion RL 17's-

Perfect time to unseat my tires and repair two damaged wheels (prior owner), resprayed all of them with a Hyundai color add green pearl. Silver with a blue tint essentially.

....and we'll see how they look come Spring-

Monday, December 23, 2013 5:33 AM
I love that color!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, December 23, 2013 5:43 AM
The windows rubbing on the in-channels at all?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, December 23, 2013 7:10 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:I love that color!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-MD- Enforcer wrote:The windows rubbing on the in-channels at all?

Outer glass seats right on the inner of them of course, as it would on the weatherstrip. Highway wind-noise too, but I listen the radio at a decent volume. Personally wouldn't do them again just due to the wind-noise and the fact slop still drips in when the window is down past them.

Monday, December 23, 2013 9:39 AM
I had the external ones on my HHR, but they did have more wind noise also. I think the prevented the dripping a little more than the in channel ones.

In-channel look WAY better though.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, December 24, 2013 5:56 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
In-channel look WAY better though.

Agree there! Most visors take away from a vehicle I find, but to me these added to it, I do like the appearance.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:54 PM
Always liked the in channel vs the stick ons! looked at them myself but can't pull the trigger! Do love me some tire totes! Craigslist here I come!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:34 AM
HHR has left me as of 3/9.

Had it up for sale and after exchanging a few messages with a guy he'd offered me up a trade. I'd originally passed but had thought it over with white/silver and RWD being an exception. Well it ended up being white and RWD, insanely clean, and well-maintained.

'07 1SS with leather swapped, from southern Indiana (all the door seams are rust-free and clean), only mod being a Corsa Sport catback. Don't have much planned, trade worked out in my favor and I enjoy the comfort. Not death-gripping the steering wheel for bumps/potholes and all those lowered car shenanigans. Plus the LS2 and RWD are a welcome change.

Ran it down to the shop and pulled the Trailblazer badge, GM squares, and front plate bracket. Painted up some plugs to cover holes from plate bracket. Have white bowtie overlays in route. Buffed some things and my PDR guy popped a couple dings. Plan to tint the front to match the rears, upgrade the horrible audio in it. In time a drop-in and tune, mainly for a couple MPG and trans longevity versus power. With 94k on it I don't plan on tossing constant abuse it's way. Just keep it clean&simple. I enjoy how it blends in. While I'm well informed they look great dropped on 22" reps, I'd hate to sacrifice ride quality and have other life priorities.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:36 AM
Nice upgrade, but I thought the RWD transmissions were pretty good, and the AWD transmissions are the ones to watch.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:44 AM
Awesome vehicle! I'd love to have something like this when I don't want to worry about road conditions.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:21 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Nice upgrade, but I thought the RWD transmissions were pretty good, and the AWD transmissions are the ones to watch.

Truth, I wanted a RWD, no transfer case to worry about, better gas mileage, more power to two wheels, etc.

Still, if I can tune and assist it's longevity I'd like to. With the power I don't think they're bulletproof. Forum shows weaknesses when abused and modded. Would rather be safe. She shifts wonderfully though and fluid looks great.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:01 AM
Love the color. Nice pick up!

Sunday, March 16, 2014 10:05 PM
I like! will come in handy for the potholes, that is for sure...

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Friday, March 21, 2014 7:25 PM
Nice!
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:22 PM
Ive Just Read the whole thread, Enjoyed your adventure of the HHR, they definitely have a lot of Character, Im in to bikes and love my HHR, though mine isnt the SS, its a 2.2 Panel. and id you like custom stuff, heres a picture of my Bike a 1997 GSXR 750 Srad with a 2004 1000 motor, shaved off 60lbs of plastic and its just a few custom parts

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:18 AM
Joe - that GSXR 750/1000 is badass! Nice street fighter - not an easy task (to make it look good) on a bike meant for plastics!

Nitrous?! Hold on!

What is that chromed cannon ball launcher sticking out of the front of the frame below the triples?

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:23 PM
Air induction the original plastic tubes sit behind the fairing i removed the originals at first completely but the bike had a nasty flat spot at 9000 rpm now after i played with the induction length i got it revving all the top @14000 rpm.

The Hhr i want to work on the suspension before i do anything tuning wise.

The bike is mental and i have seven years building and riding the beast 149rwhp without the N02 i run 20hp shot but go with 50hp but is more show than go and kinda ridiculous
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:24 PM
Air induction the original plastic tubes sit behind the fairing i removed the originals at first completely but the bike had a nasty flat spot at 9000 rpm now after i played with the induction length i got it revving all the top @14000 rpm.

The bike is mental and i have seven years building and riding the beast 149rwhp without the N02 i run 20hp shot but go with 50hp but is more show than go and kinda ridiculous
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:21 PM
Joe Dunderdale wrote:Air induction the original plastic tubes sit behind the fairing i removed the originals at first completely but the bike had a nasty flat spot at 9000 rpm now after i played with the induction length i got it revving all the top @14000 rpm.

I knew it was the intake, sorta . . . was just messing with ya. Do you have a filter in there?

149 at the wheel n/a is a handful . . . don't turn the bottle on. Ever.

Friday, April 25, 2014 12:07 AM
Standard gsxr air box under the tank with a filter but I did put some wire screen in the intake ducts to stop sucking in wild life

Monday, May 05, 2014 8:23 PM
Cool/unique bike, my 1krr is my other money pit-

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search