(fun)ctionality - Page 4 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: (fun)ctionality
Thursday, August 18, 2011 2:28 PM
The09GXP wrote:
the_miker17(u kiddin) wrote:
The09GXP wrote:Friend of mines SS with a K&N air filter, Werks intercooler, intercooler piping, Catless downpipe, stock exhaust, and M-dub 30psi tune on the stock clutch. I think it was 362tq I forget horsepower though. this is rallycobalt "matt" on cobaltss.net and GMsportcompact.net
/quote]

30psi on stock internals?? holy boost

Yup 30psi on stock internals. The stock turbo's are small on the LNF.

still no way in hell i would ever put 30 pounds on stock internals. or even built for that matter even with a small turbo

Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:23 PM
Seeing 24lbs with Trifecta.

It's a goddamn riot.

Video my boss took, iPhone and crap quality but eh!
[youtube]81tSe6EuI4M[/youtube

Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:14 PM
Here ya go Joe:

Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:54 PM
"]" fail! Thanks!

Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:49 PM
Very nice!

Monday, August 29, 2011 9:10 PM
Haa Joe I see your driving a boosted keg huller, NICE. I bet the road trips are nicer with the wag. Nice pick up. I have the mopar (HHR) it has the mopar stage 1 APG wastegate and APG BOV, it is funny watching people look at you and they have that WTF look on there face. Enjoy that beast and drive your ARES to Texas and help me drink some beer HA. Good luck with the build Bro.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 8:24 AM
Those engines are awesome...my buddy put down 33xWHP and 38xWTQ with bolt-on's, tuned on 91 and meth.

Gonna be a fun little buggy!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:48 AM
I have to say I'm impressed.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:53 PM
im enjoying this thread. the more i read/hear about this vehicular the more i think id love one for the new family car.

good call, joeseph.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:12 AM
Yes brad get one, that way you and the fam can come back down to Texas Ha, man I'd trade the PT for one

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:17 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:im enjoying this thread. the more i read/hear about this vehicular the more i think id love one for the new family car.

good call, joeseph.

we really liked ours when we had it. they were pretty fun to drive bone stock. made a good family hauler and vacation car. and there is a decent aftermarket to make upgrades.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Thursday, September 01, 2011 6:39 AM
I was able to trap the same as my Cobalt, just not into my 13's yet! Fastest time was 14.2, trapped 104-105 all night, horrible 60' times ranging 2.4-2.7. That's with a tune and downpipe though, so I still have plenty room for improvement!

Thanks guys, still loving it.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:55 PM
lol a flying brick that runs low 14's. hahahaha thats awesome!

whats one of these things weigh, anyway? and do the trans' come with the same LSD as the baults?

Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:08 PM
3404lbs, so 400lbs on the Cobalt :/. Happy my traps are there at least.

..and this one does have the LSD (G85) option which was a must, as the Cobalt did not have such.

I'll add these here too-

Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:10 PM
Oh, and for @!#$s & giggles-

Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:27 PM
hahahahahahahaa 3400 pounds and the aerodynamics of a brick and runs those times. i LOVE it.

guy in the camaro was prolly like wtf i paid 40 grand for this....

Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:56 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:hahahahahahahaa 3400 pounds and the aerodynamics of a brick and runs those times. i LOVE it.

guy in the camaro was prolly like wtf i paid 40 grand for this....
HAHAH love this^

Thursday, September 01, 2011 6:31 PM
If the launch would have went better I bet that race would have been alot more interesting and the guy in the camaro would have really been like WTF.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, September 01, 2011 6:40 PM
Yeah, you can see the launch in the video suffered as my 60' told the story itself, after the bog the Camaro never left me.

Not bad for an intake/tune/dp. Like I said, room for improvement!

Thursday, September 01, 2011 8:00 PM
Lol, I could imagine the guy in the camaro laughing at the line then halfway down the track look in his mirror and saying "WTF "

Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:14 PM
Took my first jab at autocross today thanks to Brandon Blaga and Jon Fisher, I'm addicted.

Brandon was kind enough to record my first run-

Monday, September 12, 2011 12:42 AM
Wow...I never thought I would be amazed by a HHR. Looks like a fun ride and functional too.

With my few months old daughter I have lot's of stuff to carry. I swear I'm going to the GM dealership this week for a quote on a HHR. Very impressed with what your doing with yours!
Monday, September 12, 2011 3:15 PM
Thanks man, I love the damn thing each day I get in it. Found some bubbling on the door seam but everyone says it's the first HHR they've seen do that, I manage a bodyshop and it's under warranty so I'll be having that repaired before the snow flies.

Hope to hit the track one more time and run a clean 13-second pass. Preferably mid!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:21 AM
ALL HHRS rust there. Mine has been repaired three times now, and it needs done again. Not sure how many times GM is going to fix it for me...

Mine rust badly at the seam on the bottom of the door. The window seal...doesn't really seal, and if you wash the car a lot it seams to rust more. If you go over to chevyhhr.net you should be able to find TSBs on the subject.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:52 AM
i never had that issue with either of ours. maybe we didnt wash it allot though lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search