(fun)ctionality - Page 6 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: (fun)ctionality
Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:15 PM
mitdr774 wrote:BTW, have your groceries gone everywhere yet???

Wheels are not shopped, they'll look just as had planned with some time in the paint booth, and springs.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:44 PM
Overlays for my remaining door emblems finally came in, changed it up a bit and went with the reflective red, and decided to show the effect-

Friday, September 30, 2011 8:48 AM
lol nice... now the cops can see you!

Friday, September 30, 2011 1:39 PM
I think it would have looked really neat if you would removed the orginal badge and applied the reflective insert in the stock location. It would be shaved but not really.

Saturday, October 01, 2011 11:31 AM
that sounds neat, but then it would be just a sticker and almost look cheap to me. Just my opinion on your idea lol.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, October 01, 2011 4:48 PM
I'm not big on shaving emblems, it cheapens the vehicle to me. I have removed the "HHR" and "SS" from the rear, leaving the turbocharged emblem though, and color matching the gold on the bowtie to victory red. I left the chrome behind the bowtie, so my door emblems match that perfectly now without compromising something OEM on the vehicle I liked.

Went to the dragstrip today, made a total of 17 passes, clocking 4.25 miles today in 1/4 mile passes alone . I caught up to the Cobalt finally, with 400lbs extra. My 60' times are horrible, part of this is due to the Trifecta tune limiting 1st gear to 5psi boost and a huge bog associated with such. I'd like 1st to be limited, but just now caught how low it is and after speaking to Ryan @ ZZP that is no good for my 60' times nor is it worth a damn to launch.

Next season, retune to cure such and swapping to E85 for a nice additional gain.

Anyhow, top 3 timeslips-

The wagattack with it's unpainted wheels-

A 10-second flat automatic Cobalt-

A local buddie's '06 with 170,000 miles, nothing internally ever done, intake/dp/stock pulley, and he pulled a 14.49 out of it!-

Saturday, October 01, 2011 8:33 PM
lol wow... a 13.7 out of a fully loaded bread box on street tires. infuckingcredible.

joe... the more you impress me with this thing the more im wanting to purchase. damn you!

edit.. and wtf those wheels still look photoshopped lol get a close up would ya!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, October 01, 2011 8:34 PM

Sunday, October 02, 2011 3:42 PM
Honestly I didn't know you switched until I saw Jay Van post on his FB. Not sh!thing you I was looking at a black one and trading in the Ion at the same time you bought yours! I love the idea myself, different and tons of modding choices with the engine already proving a beast in the SS/TC.

Maybe I can pack my Tupperware full of the sh!t I need to put on before I can tune! I have HPT and want to do a ZZP dyno tune as I can't find anyone 2.4 HPT experienced, I haven't put enough time into learning myself.

Can't wait to see a Schulte HHR TC!

BLOWN2POINT4 Ion Quad Coupe Autotragic