(fun)ctionality - Page 9 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: (fun)ctionality
Saturday, November 19, 2011 6:36 AM
I sold my original sensors due to such, but in the end it was cheaper to sell what I had as the "upgrade kit" then later on just purchase the sensors and pigtails .

iGTP wrote:

mmmm mag + milano + s2k = the hotness

Saturday, November 19, 2011 6:57 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:lol nice.

i too am 100% against splicing or cutting stock wiring.

Yeah, me too...
Wait, what?

Lol.
Cars looking good buddy. I will see you in May at the BBQ.

Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:05 AM
Well its cause theres just too many dam wires....its crazy!

Love the HHR SS. I wonder do they make them red just like yours but with an auto. I need to get my girl a family car and this is the next best thing than a 4 door cobalt ss or cruze.

GMR has got nothing on this
Saturday, November 19, 2011 1:01 PM
Yep, they make them in red/auto!

Got the stage sensors installed, I'm annoyed for sure. Main problem being you can't get the o-rings seperate from the kit, part # is not found. This said I attempted injector o-rings, which were too big. That failed, I bought a generic box of them which none of those worked either! In the end I ended up using a smaller one to take up room on the groove, and the original one which seemt to work a lot better without the slack. My last complaint is GM running a screw into the bare plastic charge pipe, no sleeve, etc.

Thank god for the CED plugs to at least keep my sanity from cutting wires, which the lower one is STUPID close to a fitting on the AC compressor.

So to help prevent issue there I took some metal strapping tape, wrapped it in heater hose, and secured the coldside pipe to the subframe-

Stupid easy install turned plain silly thanks to little details.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:24 PM
Time to get those wheels powdercoated mag blue, I've already got the Milano Red covered....just waiting on the wheels at this point.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:11 AM
Wheels are at powdercoat , dropped them off Monday, Thanksgiving though is slowing them down. Muteki lugs are arriving today (black shorties!). Also scored Malibu style centercaps which are chrome>brushed with a fainter bowtie logo.

-cranked Pedder's coils down, removed locking rings in rear, dropped shock to match, also lowered front threaded body into housing to match, so lowness is achieved, still have roughly 3/4" of drop in front maintaining full travel, however rear is now just on the sleeve & spring
-awaiting actual o-rings for GM sensors to reinstall them, piece of mind!

Can't wait to see this thing back on the ground with the drop & wheels.

Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:34 AM
Wheels still haven't shown up, but I got the suspension all handled, and where I believe I'll be content.

..but now I'm awaiting more parts from ZZP to show up -

Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:54 AM
nice updates...i await to see pics with it on the wheels on the ground

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, November 26, 2011 5:07 PM
Yeah, it's killing me, and hasn't even snowed yet man. I'm going to go insane this winter, I figured once it's reassembled though I can start my full on detail, cleaner wax, polish, and seal every panel.

Saturday, November 26, 2011 5:13 PM
well so far the updates are well worth the weight

Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:26 AM
this might be a tiny detail, but you like those lol..... but if you are going to run open ended lug nuts, think about painting the ends of the studs. Just a small touch, but I think it will help a lot.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:36 AM
Thought about that the other day, just dusting them, but the inside of the nuts aren't coated as you can see in the pics :/.

Good looking out though!

Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:44 AM
Sunday, November 27, 2011 12:08 PM
One of the worst parts of running open lugnuts is the way water pools up in them and my GMPP studs leave rust residue inside the nut..

It drives me insane....

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Sunday, November 27, 2011 12:31 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:One of the worst parts of running open lugnuts is the way water pools up in them and my GMPP studs leave rust residue inside the nut..

It drives me insane....

well that doesnt sound fun. i have the same studs.

maybe ill have mine cryotreated... supposed to help with rust, i guess.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:18 PM
maybe a better way to do what I suggested and still fight rust as much as you can, would be to tape off the threads and spray the whole tip of the studs with the black rust inhibitor and then black paint... I just saw the pic of the lug nuts on there and it was literally the first thing my eyes went to. then they went to how stupidly clean the wheel wells and components are. lol

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:33 PM
yeah i would definitely paint them after cryotreating. that @!#$ is just stupid cheap to do. plus it'd help with the studs strength, too, so...

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, November 27, 2011 5:15 PM
I painted my tips but it continued to happen. Maybe its the crappy cheap nuts themselves..

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, November 28, 2011 2:23 PM
Bouncing back to the floor dry since I didn't check back that is a really good idea I'm going to try that this winter maybe if I remember. Car is looking good wish I could say the same.

Look at that layer of dust!

Monday, November 28, 2011 9:23 PM
Executed the oil dri the other day! Also caught a damn mouse, after having him come out an observe me working tonight.

I went to ZZP and picked up my order today-

Front cover is back on!, the shield though needs some trimming, after some other fitment fixes, and pulling the whole radiator and condenser forward to snake that coldside pipe in, I'm calling it a night-

Boredom-

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:37 AM
nice updates

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:45 AM
You sir are a ZZP Whore!

But I like where the car...truck...wagon is headed.

Ever have any plans on going to gingerman?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:19 AM
Sadly was planning a night prior to the end of season runs, but had other plans last minute. We'll see, whenever I can afford tires next is the real factor...............thinking I'll be taking it easy on it this coming season.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:12 PM
Dremel and I had a discussion on the lower shield, came to an agreement that maintained secure mounting points, fitment, and some protection still-

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:57 PM
Sweet lawnmower.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search