Good deal? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good deal?
Saturday, August 06, 2011 1:17 PM
Seems like it to me.

Beautiful G8

The price of this care has dropped 4K in the last 4 weeks, kinda want to wait it out and see if i can get to 20k

pros-
the blue is amazing
love the interior, leather, all that
tinted windows
premium sound from factory
much more room than mini
heated seats
low mileage
clean record
cool dad car (i have a one year old and am not ready for a mini van)

cons-
RWD, never driven one in the snow and have heard horror stories
auto, don't even know if it was available in manual but would prefer a stick
rear seats do not fold down, only part of seat that fold down is center so skis and 2x4s can fit
parts have to come from Australia? (holden) not sure about this, just what i have heard, and that repairs are expensive
lack of power, v6 and hop up t v8 GT keeps almost the same gas mileage
loss of mpg compared to the mini

what do you guys think?

Re: Good deal?
Saturday, August 06, 2011 2:10 PM
$hit seen an '08 red G8 gt fully loaded in Auto RV today going for $23,995.
RWD in the snow isn't all that bad just have to be a bit more cautious.

Saturday, August 06, 2011 2:15 PM
well i cant say if its a good deal or not because i dont know much about the G8's but the price seems fair to me. I can say though that RWD in winter isn't all that bad i drive my CTS year round and with a good set of winter tires and go easy on the throttle you should be ok...

Monday, August 08, 2011 11:23 AM
Fwd, rwd, awd. Tires are key no matter what. The people who are scared of rwd in the winter are probably on all-seasons and don't have much practice. Good snow tires and knowing how the car will react as opposed to the fwd you're used to and you shouldn't have issues

As stated before, gt's are in that price range, I would look for one. And if I remember right, the only way u get a stick in the g8 is the gxp

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, August 08, 2011 11:30 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Fwd, rwd, awd. Tires are key no matter what.

THIS 200%. I would rather drive my Sunfire with the snow tires I had on it this winter then most 4x4 trucks. And that is no joke.

Monday, August 08, 2011 11:37 AM
unless its a G8 GT or GXP V8 i would pass especially with that price

ive seen several G8 GTs down here in FL for 22k...... i was almost gonna get one before i found my TBSS

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, August 08, 2011 11:51 AM
as stated above tires and your driving matter more than anything. the weather does more to show the capability of drivers than the vehicle. this winter i told my mom i would rather drive my z with barely all season tires than her tahoe because the tires on the truck sucked and i did not get stuck once while many other suv's get stuck because they think 4wd means instant hero status.

Monday, August 08, 2011 11:52 AM
Thanks for the input guys.

I wonder if they are just scarce in my area but it's damn near impossible to find a g8 gt, and if I do it's in the 25k range

As far as the rwd, I guess that makes sense. All the rwds I've ridden in during winter have had all seasons on

Monday, August 08, 2011 12:02 PM
Ill take my 2wd S10 with snow tires over my new 4wd silverado with all seasons. Im thinking about getting snow tires on my stock wheels and then getting some nice summer 20's for next year.

After you drive a vehicle with snow tires in the winter... its really hard to go back to a regular tire in the winter.

Monday, August 08, 2011 12:10 PM
^What these folks are telling you is correct.
Winter tires are the way to go on ANY lay out for driving in the snow.
All season are for all 4 seasons, including winter w/very light snow.
Summer tires are just that, Summer tires. If you are at freezing temperatures or even near freezing, you're screwed. You're asking for it, if you are on the snow w/Summer tires.

That G8 has a nice color, I would be careful on the 3.6L V6 as it is know to have oiling and chain issues, GM does have some sort of a fix for it, search around for the full details. Good luck on your adventure.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 12:09 AM
I don't know about the deal, but is love to have a G8

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search