Washed the beater today and took a few pics - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Washed the beater today and took a few pics
Saturday, August 13, 2011 4:33 PM
Its a rarity that the beater gets a wash, so I figured I would take a couple pictures while it was clean. I call it the Blue Deuce because its blue and a piece of @!#$. I bought it almost a year ago because my truck is so terrible on gas. I paid $900 for it and it has since paid for itself at least twice. Being the car nut that I am, i couldn't keep it stock for long. I scored some H@R springs at picknpull... Due to a pricing snafu I got the springs, a strut bar, and some body molding for $29. I matched them to some Skunk2 shocks. I put a cluster in from a car that came with a tach as well. Other than that its been mostly maintenance. Best $900 i've spent.

Here you can see how well everything lines up on the front end [/sarcasm] :

Just picked up a steering wheel from the junkyard yesterday for 10 bucks... I replaced this wheel:

with this one:

And here's a few of the truck that gets 11 MPG:

Love the truck for when its time for this:

Re: Washed the beater today and took a few pics
Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:31 PM
Well got to give u some credit those wheels are def clean!For a older ride is pretty tight.Yeah the front end a lil out oh wack.heck with the aftermarket so solid for honda u could fix that pretty cheap.Unless it needs body work,being the cost of said beater.Looks good exterior wise.Now get that interior shoe shined! dirty floor mats and stuff laying around u slacker.

Sunday, August 14, 2011 3:53 AM
ive owned three of that gen civic. miss every one of them. great cars

Sunday, August 14, 2011 6:21 AM
Wow very great for 900$!!!!

Your vehicles get 25 mpg both combined. lol
Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:43 PM
Like the Civ for a beater.

But I LOVE the Ram....

Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:44 PM
Oh and I love that generation of Rams and Durangos with Blacked out projectors..... Just saying.

Monday, August 15, 2011 3:52 PM
Ron Love wrote:Well got to give u some credit those wheels are def clean!For a older ride is pretty tight.Yeah the front end a lil out oh wack.heck with the aftermarket so solid for honda u could fix that pretty cheap.Unless it needs body work,being the cost of said beater.Looks good exterior wise.Now get that interior shoe shined! dirty floor mats and stuff laying around u slacker.

Thanks! I like the wheels too, they are pretty popular with the honda crowd, BMW ''bottlecaps.'' I found those for $80 and cleaned them up. I've never cleaned the inside of this car... Prly wouldnt hurt to run a vacuum through i t lol.

MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:

Your vehicles get 25 mpg both combined. lol

??? The civic consistently gets 34 MPG even though I go 80 everywhere, and the truck gets 11 MPG.

GTmatters wrote:Like the Civ for a beater.

But I LOVE the Ram....

Thanks! I Like it too. I bought it from the original owner and it now sits at 64K miles. she's clean.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:20 AM
Quote:

??? The civic consistently gets 34 MPG even though I go 80 everywhere, and the truck gets 11 MPG.

That's what I said, both vehicles combined will give you 25 mpg. lol
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:28 AM
2-stroke ftw!

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:51 AM
Whats done to the ram? I've got a soft spot for the late 90's rams n 2 gen dak's

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:24 AM
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:
Quote:

That's what I said, both vehicles combined will give you 25 mpg. lol

Now I got ya, engrish>me.

02cavcruzin wrote:2-stroke ftw!

BRAAAAAAPP!!

JUCNBST wrote:Whats done to the ram? I've got a soft spot for the late 90's rams n 2 gen dak's

I put a Hell Bent Steel leveling kit on it:

and some Mastercraft Courser CT's. They're 285/75 R16. Wheels are steel, they're by US Wheel I believe. They're a Craiger D window copy. Nerf bars are from "back country," they were on the truck when i bought it. Tinted the windows, tinted the tails/3rd brake light. Moroso Spiral flow muffler. I also changed the stock air box/intake for an old school 14x3: (Please excuse the dirty ass engine)

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:23 AM
My 5.9 magnum is just as dirty in my 95 dak sport so harm done man...it's a truck it should be dirty

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:55 AM
JUCNBST wrote:My 5.9 magnum is just as dirty in my 95 dak sport so harm done man...it's a truck it should be dirty

I bet thats a fun truck. I've always liked the 5.9 dakotas. I read your profile, love the mods you've done. Any pics?

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:27 AM
Here's a LINK TO MY BUILD THREAD I haven't updated it in a while...but I'm going to after this...nothing exciting has happened.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:32 AM
I still vote black projectors for the Ram...... hahaha. (since you ignored my previous post saying this. ;P)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 1:21 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Here's a LINK TO MY BUILD THREAD I haven't updated it in a while...but I'm going to after this...nothing exciting has happened.

I wish you luck in quickly diagnosing that electrical problem, sometimes those electrical gremlins can be a bitch!

GTmatters wrote:I still vote black projectors for the Ram...... hahaha. (since you ignored my previous post saying this. ;P)

lol, sorry for ignoring your post... I think an OEM style black housing headlight could look good... It can be tough to find headlights for an 01 sport because of the quad headlamps.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search