Opinions on Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Opinions on Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Thursday, August 04, 2011 2:00 PM
You're entitled to your opinion of course, but in this price class, the V6 mustang especially is very competitive albeit bigger. When you consider a fully loaded 3.8 track genesis, you're almost in V8 territory with the mustang/camaro, maybe 5k short at most.

I'm not denying that hyundai has come a long way, or that the genesis coupe is a competent performer, i just feel there are a lot of options that are more well rounded and proven.

Thursday, August 04, 2011 3:55 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:
((Turbo))KbRedBalt wrote:The internals on the gensis are terrible I think you have to upgrade after you about 250whp, nice but gutless

Not true.

You can get 300whp on stock motor.

Just a tune will get you around 225whp. Then add supporting mods.

I would never get a V6 mustang, or Camaro over this car. Now a 350z, yeah would be a close race. I really like the 350z. If it is a HR 350z at least.

Ok... he said the internals aren't safe beyond about 250, he didn't say it was hard to get there. There's a difference between being able to make the power, and the internals being able to live a long life at that power.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, August 04, 2011 9:22 PM
Camaro, Mustang, Challenger. All three have 300+ horsepower and are of comparable cost to the Genesis' 200hp 4-cylinder and (in my opinion) are way better-looking. How about an RX-8? You get 240 horsepower in a car that weighs 500lbs less, and has actual useable rear seats.

Friday, August 05, 2011 5:07 PM
ebrown0104 wrote:Camaro, Mustang, Challenger. All three have 300+ horsepower and are of comparable cost to the Genesis' 200hp 4-cylinder and (in my opinion) are way better-looking. How about an RX-8? You get 240 horsepower in a car that weighs 500lbs less, and has actual useable rear seats.

The RX-8 is heavy! And slow! Like some guys run faster with a stock j-body...I was royally disappointed in the RX-8 as the one I test drove was $53,000.

Friday, August 05, 2011 6:12 PM
ebrown0104 wrote:Camaro, Mustang, Challenger. All three have 300+ horsepower and are of comparable cost to the Genesis' 200hp 4-cylinder and (in my opinion) are way better-looking. How about an RX-8? You get 240 horsepower in a car that weighs 500lbs less, and has actual useable rear seats.

Coming from a GM person those 3 cars are ugly as sin compared to anything!!! I belive (but could be wrong) the Genesis is a better handling car.

I would never get the V6 version. If I wanted to get a V6 it would be a HR 350z, or I would just get a LS based V8.

FU Tuning

Friday, August 05, 2011 6:46 PM
It's funny people will buy a V6 if it's the top motor available in the car (like the Genesis), but won't buy a car with a V6 if it has a bigger available motor (like the 3 "modern muscle cars" listed. I don't get your logic at all, but whatever guys.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, August 05, 2011 7:28 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:It's funny people will buy a V6 if it's the top motor available in the car (like the Genesis), but won't buy a car with a V6 if it has a bigger available motor (like the 3 "modern muscle cars" listed. I don't get your logic at all, but whatever guys.

That is not what I said.

I would not get the V6 in the Genesis. I should of also said I would never buy any of those 3 "modern muscle cars" listed.

FU Tuning

Friday, August 05, 2011 7:31 PM
Ahhh gotcha. Someone earlier in the thread made a comment(that I was mostly replying to) similar, and then I misread yours.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:38 AM
I'm sure the resale will be horrible on the Genesis, which means buy a 3 yr old used one, or keep it for life.

Just did a quick scan of Craigslist in Canaduh, you get get a clean C5 Z06 Vette for less than $30K, probably have much better resale. That is just one example, not saying it is your best alternative. $30K is a ton of money if you are willing to buy used.

Saturday, August 06, 2011 8:52 AM
agree with vince... 30k buys you some amazing stuff. IMO the 'ohhhh, ahhhhh's' you'd get for the new genesis wouldnt be worth it. id much rather dump that kind of cash into something a few years older. but.. thats just me. some people enjoy the looks of this thing, i have no idea how.. it looks like a ninja turtle LOL

Saturday, August 06, 2011 9:14 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:agree with vince... 30k buys you some amazing stuff. IMO the 'ohhhh, ahhhhh's' you'd get for the new genesis wouldnt be worth it. id much rather dump that kind of cash into something a few years older. but.. thats just me. some people enjoy the looks of this thing, i have no idea how.. it looks like a ninja turtle LOL

Sorry looks wise it puts BUSES on The new Camaro's, Mustangs, and Chargers.

FU Tuning

Saturday, August 06, 2011 9:18 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:.... some people enjoy the looks of this thing, i have no idea how.. it looks like a ninja turtle LOL

I don't see how you are confused as to why people like it then.

I have no signiture
Saturday, August 06, 2011 9:35 AM

Coming from a GM person those 3 cars are ugly as sin compared to anything!!! I belive (but could be wrong) the Genesis is a better handling car.

I would never get the V6 version. If I wanted to get a V6 it would be a HR 350z, or I would just get a LS based V8.

You would be wrong. The RX-8 will run rings around a Genesis in the corners. Its lighter, the suspension is specifically designed for handling, and its better balanced than the Genesis.

And don't even lie, if you wanted a V6, you'd get a 2nd gen Z24.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, August 06, 2011 9:55 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:agree with vince... 30k buys you some amazing stuff. IMO the 'ohhhh, ahhhhh's' you'd get for the new genesis wouldnt be worth it. id much rather dump that kind of cash into something a few years older. but.. thats just me. some people enjoy the looks of this thing, i have no idea how.. it looks like a ninja turtle LOL

What "oooh and ahhhs" does anyone get when seen driving a HYUNDAI?!?

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, August 06, 2011 10:01 AM
haha thats true!^^

As far as the RX-8 I don't mind them at all, however out here the starting price is 41,000. Too much for me! The more I'm looking at different cars the more I'm agreeing with the idea of buying something thats 1 or 2 years old to save some cash!

Saturday, August 06, 2011 10:16 AM

IMO not the mustang, i love its new look. but agree on the others. charger only cuz its got two too many doors, though.

Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:05 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:

IMO not the mustang, i love its new look. but agree on the others. charger only cuz its got two too many doors, though.

To me the charger is the better of the 3. I do not mind the 4 doors, but still not a fan.

RX8, is just dog ass ugly! and Slow!

FU Tuning

Monday, August 08, 2011 11:39 AM
i saw one of these run at the track on friday night.....was the turbo model and it was piss slow

ran a 12.43 in the 1/8

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, August 08, 2011 2:44 PM
My buddy told me he paid 23k for his RSpec genesis, so not sure where 33 is coming from.

FU Tuning

Monday, August 08, 2011 7:53 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:My buddy told me he paid 23k for his RSpec genesis, so not sure where 33 is coming from.

Canadian pricing.

Chris B. wrote:
haha thats true!^^

As far as the RX-8 I don't mind them at all, however out here the starting price is 41,000. Too much for me! The more I'm looking at different cars the more I'm agreeing with the idea of buying something thats 1 or 2 years old to save some cash!

In Edmonton there are dealers that have been sitting on them for 3 years brand new, and are selling them off for under $30,000. I'd just have them change the fluids and they'd be good to go.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, August 08, 2011 10:15 PM
If someone who SHOULD know about cars as much as A DEALERSHIP has a car for 3 years and never changes the fluids, I would walk away. Period. I would hope they aren't that naive.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, August 12, 2011 1:44 PM
Personally...if I were looking for a reliable coupe, I'd shoot for a current-gen V6 Accord coupe with a few miles on it. Lot less money, still good fuel economy and much more power than that $31K 4cyl base model.

Saturday, August 13, 2011 2:38 AM
oldskool wrote:You're entitled to your opinion of course, but in this price class, the V6 mustang especially is very competitive albeit bigger. When you consider a fully loaded 3.8 track genesis, you're almost in V8 territory with the mustang/camaro, maybe 5k short at most.

I'm not denying that hyundai has come a long way, or that the genesis coupe is a competent performer, i just feel there are a lot of options that are more well rounded and proven.

When I was doing my research a V6 2011 Mustang was faster then a genesis, but not as fast (very little) to a 370z. imo the mustang is the way to go, looks wise and performance, and better yet the V6 has some nice backing in performance.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, August 14, 2011 6:34 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:If someone who SHOULD know about cars as much as A DEALERSHIP has a car for 3 years and never changes the fluids, I would walk away. Period. I would hope they aren't that naive.

Its not that they don't know, its that dealerships are cheap. Given what I've experienced with dealers around here, I'd have them change it regardless of whether they said they have or not.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search