2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Page 4 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2011 Chevrolet Cruze
Monday, March 29, 2010 8:45 PM
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:I can't understand why they are so ready to just bail on the LNF in compacts like Cruze?

Not sure.. The LNF has been a pretty solid engine and would be great for an SS model.. sigh.. come on GM at least make a fun variant.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 6:04 AM
deftonesfan817 wrote:
LiTCaV (The Bright One) wrote:What a Sub-medicore looking car.

The engine is just the icing on the cake lol, I have no insults left for Chevy... its like a comedy watching them try and complete.lol

Yeah you're right.

GM hasn't had to ramp up production of certain models....

/sarcasm.

What the Camaro? It's a niche' car, If gas goes up.......... which it will, sales will be crushed. If it takes movies like transformers and such hype to get one product sellign good, well I think you see where I'm going with this.

They need to take a good look at what they did all these years with the vette, and apply those pricipals to other devisions.

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:15 PM
LiTCaV (The Bright One) wrote:
deftonesfan817 wrote:
LiTCaV (The Bright One) wrote:What a Sub-medicore looking car.

The engine is just the icing on the cake lol, I have no insults left for Chevy... its like a comedy watching them try and complete.lol

Yeah you're right.

GM hasn't had to ramp up production of certain models....

/sarcasm.

What the Camaro? It's a niche' car, If gas goes up.......... which it will, sales will be crushed. If it takes movies like transformers and such hype to get one product sellign good, well I think you see where I'm going with this.

They need to take a good look at what they did all these years with the vette, and apply those pricipals to other devisions.

No. Not just the Camaro.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:29 PM
[/pirating]

So how about that Cruze? It's growing on me, I wasn't too sure at first. I need to see one done up right.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Thursday, June 03, 2010 4:39 PM
Update... .

Starting at $16,995, Chevrolet Cruze Offers Midsize-car Presence at Compact-car Price

The all-new 2011 Chevrolet Cruze will begin arriving in U.S. dealerships this September, starting at $16,995, including destination. Priced to compete in the compact-car segment, the Cruze offers more interior room, more miles per gallon in the Eco model, and more standard safety features than any of its competitors.

“We believe the Cruze can redefine the expectations for compact-car owners and shoppers who are new to the segment,” said Jim Campbell, U.S. Vice President of Chevrolet Marketing. “For the price of a compact car, Cruze offers the styling, safety features, roominess, amenities, and refinement of a much more expensive car.”

The 2011 Cruze will be offered for retail sale in four models:

Cruze LS starting at $16,995, including:
-Standard 1.8L Ecotec engine and six-speed manual transmission
-The most standard safety features in the segment, with 10 air bags, StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing, traction control, anti-lock brakes, collapsible pedal system, power rear-door child safety locks
-Standard OnStar, with a six-month subscription including Turn-by-Turn navigation
-Standard convenience features including air conditioning, power windows, power door locks with remote keyless entry, driver information center, and XM Radio with three month trial subscription

Cruze LT starting at $18,895, including:
-Standard 1.4L Ecotec turbo and six-speed automatic transmission
-16-inch wheels

Cruze Eco starting at $18,895, including:
-Standard 1.4L Ecotec turbo and six-speed manual transmission
-Segment-leading expected 40 miles per gallon highway
-Standard 17-inch alloy wheels with ultra low-rolling resistance tires, and enhanced aerodynamic performance package

Cruze LTZ starting at $22,695, including:
-Standard 1.4L Ecotec turbo and six-speed automatic transmission
-Standard six-way power driver seat, leather seating surfaces, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
-Standard cruise control, Bluetooth phone connectivity, USB port with audio interface, steering-wheel mounted audio controls, and remote vehicle start
-Standard automatic climate control, auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, and ultrasonic rear-parking assist
-18-inch alloy wheels

Major available options features on Cruze include:

-In-dash navigation system with 40-gigabyte hard drive, enabling pause-and-play radio, downloading of audio CDs, or transferring MP3 files from a USB memory device
-Pioneer Audio system, with nine speakers and 250-watt amplifier
-Heated leather seats
-Ultrasonic rear park assist
-RS Appearance package, including rocker moldings, unique front and rear fascias, front fog lamps, and rear spoiler

“Cruze is a truly global car that leverages Chevrolet’s design and engineering capabilities. As a result we can offer customers more standard safety features, more miles per gallon, and more upscale features than our key competitors,” Campbell said. “That formula made Cruze a hit overseas, with more than 200,000 customers choosing Cruze since it went on sale in 2009.”

Cruze will offer customers more standard equipment and amenities than the competition. “While some of our competitors may have a lower starting price, Cruze wins on value once these competitors are optioned up.” said Campbell.

Base models
2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS
2010 Honda Civic DX

MSRP, including destination
$16,995
$16,405

Engine
1.8 Ecotec
1.8 SOHC I-4

Horsepower (hp)

Torque (lb-ft)

Standard transmission
6-speed manual
5-speed manual

Passenger volume (cu ft)

Trunk volume (cu ft)

Standard air bags

Traction Control
Standard
Not included

Stability Control
Standard
Not included

Power rear safety locks
Standard
Not included

Air Conditioning
Standard
Not included

Trip Computer
Standard
Not included

Power door locks
Standard
Not included

Power side mirrors
Standard
Not included

Remote keyless entry
Standard
Not included

XM Satellite Radio
Standard
Not included

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, June 11, 2010 10:10 AM
I like it, but Im shocked they are not making a coupe version....it seems like with the cavalier/cobalt half of the sales were coupes, why cut it out of the lineup?

Friday, June 11, 2010 10:27 AM
Why offer a turbo engine making the same power as the base engine? Gm @!#$ up again.

Friday, June 11, 2010 10:45 AM
Well equipped for the price

Monday, August 09, 2010 4:09 PM
My friend sent me this. Personally since it is coming from a blog, I will take it with a grain of salt. We'll see what GM come out with in the future.
From here.

Quote:

The Chevy Cruze that will finally wash onto U.S. shores soon will not get an SS badge version despite previous rumors and some overseas sticker packages. This is progress.

Chevy marketing chief Jim Campbell told Jalopnik "there won't be an SS" model of the Cruze in the U.S. for 2011 and suggesting none would be added in the years beyond, sparing us the indignity of some tape-and-sparkle job like the Singapore caning unveiled earlier this year. Instead, the Cruze will top out with a faux-grilled RS version that has the sex appeal of an afternoon with your local gardening club.

The Cruze could certainly be shown up if Ford decides to bring one of its rally-infused Focus RS models to the U.S. when it reboots the line next year. But Ford has a racing history with the Focus; Chevy has done little, other than the WTCC racer, to test the Cruze on the track, instead going flat out to build the best Toyota Corolla ever.

It's probably better to leave the power work to the SEMA crowd who can tear out more weak Daewoo bits than GM really wants to mess with than glue those two letters on yet another fender that hasn't earned it.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Monday, August 09, 2010 7:02 PM
Apart from the anemic powerplant, I'm really finding it hard dislike this vehicle. If I were in the market for a small commuter, this would be near the top of the list.

I have no signiture
Friday, August 27, 2010 9:22 AM
An update:
General Motors will be demonstrate at the Paris motor show next month the world premiere of the Cruze hatchback. Chevrolet will launch the Australian-designed Cruze hatchback – which will be built in Australia and sold as a Holden for their market. "There will be some exciting news coming out of the Paris motor show and the Chevy reveals for the Australian market." said Holden director of external communications Emily Perry. Details of the Cruze five-door are still under wraps. I'll keep you posted.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Monday, August 30, 2010 2:25 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:An update:
General Motors will be demonstrate at the Paris motor show next month the world premiere of the Cruze hatchback. Chevrolet will launch the Australian-designed Cruze hatchback – which will be built in Australia and sold as a Holden for their market. "There will be some exciting news coming out of the Paris motor show and the Chevy reveals for the Australian market." said Holden director of external communications Emily Perry. Details of the Cruze five-door are still under wraps. I'll keep you posted.

Now i'm interested. Ever since i bought my Mazda3 hatch, i've fallen inlove with just about every hatch out there, this could be a very good move.....if north america gets it lol.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 11:35 AM
Update from GM...

When the first 2011 Chevrolet Cruze sedans arrive at U.S. dealerships in September, they will offer consumers more for their money, with class-leading standard safety features, expected class-leading fuel economy, and more standard equipment than competitive vehicles.

“We set out to redefine the compact segment by offering customers more of the features they want for less money than comparably equipped competitive models,” said Margaret Brooks, Chevrolet Small Car marketing director. “The Cruze offers significantly more value than the competition – and the vehicle it replaces -- with standard equipment that is appreciated by today's consumers.”

For example, the Cruze LS offers an estimated $1,700 more value than a 2010 Honda Civic DX. With a starting price of $16,995 including destination, the Cruze LS is $590 more than a base Civic. But when consumers look closer, they will find that Cruze about $2,700 worth of additional equipment, including:
Air conditioning
Power locks with remote keyless entry
OnStar with Turn-by-Turn Navigation
XM Radio, with three-month trial subscription
AM/FM Single-CD radio
StabiliTrak and traction control
6-speaker stereo system
Rear side impact and knee airbags
Passenger seat height adjustment
60/40 split folding rear seat

Cruze LS is also a compelling value compared to the 2011 Ford Focus S. Not only is the Cruze LS base price $388 below the base Focus, it also offers $1,000 worth of additional equipment for a value advantage of about $1400:
Power windows
XM Radio with three-month trial subscription
Telescoping steering wheel
6-speaker stereo system
Rear side impact and knee airbags
60/40 split folding rear seat

Cruze LS offers more value than a 2010 Toyota Corolla. While the Cruze LS starting price is $785 more than a base Corolla, it offers $1,400 worth of additional equipment, including:
Power windows
XM Radio with three-month trial subscription
6 speaker stereo system
Rear side impact & knee airbags

The Cruze even offers $1,400 more value than the smaller, less expensive Chevrolet Cobalt sedan it replaces. While the starting price of the Cruze LS is $1,285 more than the base 2010 Cobalt VL, it offers significantly more standard equipment which is worth about $2,700, including:
Air conditioning
Power windows
Anti-lock brakes
StabiliTrak and traction control
Turn-by-Turn Navigation
Driver side impact airbags
Rear side impact & knee airbags

Cruze also will save customers money at the pump, with highway fuel economy ranging from 35 to an expected 40 miles per gallon.

Cruze LS models feature a 1.8L Ecotec engine, rated at 138 horsepower (103 kW) and 123 lb.-ft. of torque (168 Nm) at 3,800 rpm. With the standard six-speed manual transmission, the 1.8L will deliver an EPA-estimated 26 miles per gallon city, and 36 mpg highway. With the available six-speed automatic, the 1.8L will deliver an EPA-estimated 22 mpg city, and 35 mpg highway.

Cruze LT and LTZ models feature a the 1.4L Ecotec turbocharged engine that delivers Ecotec 1.4L turbo, delivering 138 horsepower (103 kW) and 148 lb.-ft. of torque (200 Nm) between 1,850 rpm and 4,900 rpm. Paired with a standard six-speed automatic, the engine delivers an EPA-estimated 24 mpg city, and 36 mpg highway.

The Cruze Eco model, which goes on sale later this year, will be the most efficient model of the lineup. Eco models will feature the 1.4L turbo and a standard six-speed manual transmission. Combined with enhanced aerodynamics, weight optimization, and reduced rolling resistance, the Cruze Eco is expected to deliver a class-leading 40 miles per gallon on the highway.

Cruze Fast Facts:

Global sales:
Calendar year to date, consumers have purchased more than 165,000 Cruze models globally. As a result, Cruze is the top selling Chevrolet car in the world and second only to the Silverado for all Chevrolet vehicles – even before sales begin in the U.S.

More than 330,000 Chevrolet Cruze have been sold since its introduction in Europe in spring of 2009. Including Daewoo and Holden variants, more than 392,000 vehicles have been sold since it was originally introduced in late 2008.

Safety:
In the U.S., Cruze will offer more class-leading standard safety features, including 10 air bags, StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing, traction control, anti-lock brakes, collapsible pedal system, and OnStar with Automatic Crash Response.

Cruze is the first passenger car to receive the maximum scores in the European New Car Assessment Program tests since the organization began providing crash test ratings in 1997. The Cruze received a maximum 16 points in the frontal offset collision test and a maximum eight points in the side-impact crash test against a moving deformable barrier.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, September 03, 2010 8:54 AM
UPDATE:
Remember when I told you a Cruze was getting a hatchback?
If GMPD gets their hands on this and it comes here, GM would get a potential customer with me.

From GM... .

New hatchback is next chapter in Cruze success story

-Hatchback show car to be unveiled at Paris Motor Show
-New model will build on Cruze sedan's global appeal
-Cruze hatchback cements Chevrolet's mainstream credentials in Europe
-One of four Chevrolet premieres in Paris

The story of the Chevrolet Cruze goes from strength to strength with the latest chapter heralding the launch of a new 5-door hatchback model, further evidence of Chevrolet's intention to bring value for money to all mainstream segments in Europe.

A show car version of Chevrolet's compact contender will be seen for the first time at the Paris Motor Show, on September 30. It will be one of four world Chevrolet premieres at the show.

With the introduction of the new Cruze hatchback, customers have an alternative body style to the traditional sedan and Chevrolet has raised the bar again with a vehicle that brings new levels of value against some of the more established competition.

According to Wayne Brannon, president and managing director of Chevrolet Europe, the potential for meeting further customer demand is significant. "Cruze is turning out to be a real success story. We are selling it in 70 countries around the world and it has recently surpassed the Aveo as our top selling passenger car nameplate globally.

"Hatchbacks play a critical role in many markets. The total compact segment in Europe represents around 4.8 million units which is over a quarter of the total market, with hatchbacks representing around 65% of that volume. We therefore expect to see increased business in a number of regions, while sending out a signal that Chevrolet is now a serious mainstream player in Europe."

Since its launch in the spring 2009, the Cruze sedan has been warmly welcomed by markets all over the world, greeted as a step change for the brand with customers attracted to its coupe style, build quality, 5-star NCAP rating and driving dynamics. It was also elected the AUTOBEST car of 2010 by a jury of leading auto writers in Central and Eastern Europe.

The Chevrolet Cruze is a car particularly well suited to European driver tastes, a fact borne out by sales success across many of markets. So far in 2010, Cruze tops the compact sedan sales charts in many of the larger European markets including Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal and the U.K., where it is exceeding forecasted sales.

Outside of Europe, Cruze's sales momentum is equally evident. In China alone, Chevrolet has sold nearly 90,000 Cruze since the start of the year, while the sedan is also selling well in Russia, parts of South America, and in India and other emerging markets.

Hatchback design
With its attractive sweeping coupe roofline and short overhangs at both the front and rear, the new Cruze hatchback has the same dynamic 'stance' as the sedan and will be instantly recognizable. It will benefit too from the same taut body 'feel' on the road, being built using the new body-frame integral system (BFI) which is complemented by the final tuning to chassis components. The BFI system results in high levels of stability and solidity.

Cargo capacity for the Cruze hatchback is close to 400 liters and will feature 60/40 split rear seating.

Chevrolet's participation in the World Touring Car Championship with the Cruze is also currently paying great dividends. With four races left in the season, it currently leads both the drivers' and team championships while also showcasing the dynamic qualities of the car to great effect.

The new Chevrolet Cruze 5-door hatchback will go on sale across Europe mid 2011 with prices announced nearer the launch date.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, September 03, 2010 8:56 AM
Now that I would buy.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Friday, September 03, 2010 10:38 AM
Wow that looks really good.

Friday, September 03, 2010 12:23 PM
Eternal wrote:Wow that looks really good.

Which is exactly why GM will never sell that here.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Saturday, September 04, 2010 10:41 AM
Jookycola wrote:
Eternal wrote:Wow that looks really good.

Which is exactly why GM will never sell that here.

If that exact car comes to North America, i'll trade in my Mazda3 sport hatch straight up, and i just bought it a month ago.

The rear spoiler reminds me of the new WRX spoilers, the taillamps look like they're right off an Astra which i approve of, and the bowtie looks like it was scaled down a bit which is much better then that damn Orlando picture.

Saturday, September 04, 2010 2:04 PM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:Now that I would buy.

yeah, that looks hot. They could go one step further and make a beast out of that with the 2.0T Eco.

Saturday, September 04, 2010 4:36 PM
gimmie a SS/TC version with 250hp and ill take it

Saturday, September 04, 2010 5:15 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]gimmie a SS/TC version with 250hp and ill take it

You can't get an SS/TC of that car ever because "TC" initials stands for "Turbo Coupe" Which i never understood why some adopted those initials in the first place to describe the Turbo SS Cobalts. I'm in the camp that calls all Turbo Cobalts "SST" for SS "turbo", which is more fitting since they made SS's in 4 and 2 door. You can call it what ever you like i'm not mad at you, it just bugs me because I'm anal like that.

Saturday, September 04, 2010 6:06 PM
^ I think the TC stands for: TurboCharged.

A Chevy spokesman has said there are no plans to sell the hatchback in the US at this time. So as of this writing, we are let down. GM might get the wake up call later when the Focus 5-door will be sold here and see that there is a market for it.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Saturday, September 04, 2010 6:19 PM
Why Goodwrench thank you for un-knoting my panties.

Saturday, September 04, 2010 7:04 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:^ I think the TC stands for: TurboCharged.

A Chevy spokesman has said there are no plans to sell the hatchback in the US at this time. So as of this writing, we are let down. GM might get the wake up call later when the Focus 5-door will be sold here and see that there is a market for it.

They should just send it over to us anyways. If GM gave this to the US, I would probably buy one. The 2011 Focus 5 door is generating a lot of buzz all over the world (including in the US) and I am sure when it goes on sale, its gonna be a hot seller. At this point, the Focus is on my list of possibles when I get ready to trade my exploder in.
Saturday, September 04, 2010 11:56 PM
gm will probably drag their ass on the hatch and loose their asses because of it

and yes the TC is turbo charged , not turbo coupe

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search