Buying SUV on Monday...tough choice!! - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Buying SUV on Monday...tough choice!!
Monday, September 19, 2011 12:44 PM
Thanks guys and girls!!! I guess I will take a few other days to go try vehicles I forgot on the "grocery list"...I'm pretty sure I could fit a Subaru in my budget. The closest Subby dealership is like 50 km from here, might be why I did not really think about them.

Quote:

For mainly Highway driving i would choose one of your SUV wanna be's but im my case. my trucks are off-road more than they are on. So i go with something that has a proven off-road strength.

I live in Quebec, it's like god damn Antartica 6 months a year here. I do 600 km a week only to go to work,steep hills and roads full of snow, icestorms etc....I do need something with a good AWD system,great tires and respectable fuel economy. If gas was would be cheap, this thread wouldn't exist and I'd be riding in a GMC 2500 Duramax, with 6 inch lift and 35" All Terrain's.

Tonight I will give another shot at the Escape. Will give a call to Subaru to schedule road test for a Forester.

Monday, September 19, 2011 12:45 PM
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:

Also the brand new Hyundai Santa Fe I test drove had terrible quality tires on it, WANLI mud and snow tires wich looked more like a big round chunk of plastic than an actual tire...On the road they felt rough and cornering gave me the feeling the tires were underinflated.

The salesman told me he'd give me 4 winter tires if I buy his truck and I told him I had bigger concerns about the rubber on it right now. 30 000k suv with cheap-O china tires..WTF I have a few months old daughter,security first on list.

So let me get this strait... you are worried about tires (rightfully so, since those are some China cheapo tires) but on the other hand, you're in the market for a high center of gravity SUV? Today's SUV are safer thanks to all the government mandates on these things, but they still tend flip over easier than a car would. Laws of physics > Electronic nannies. If safety is your main concern... seriously, look for a car based (low center of gravity) wagon. Live in the snow; Subaru is looking mighty good for you.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, September 19, 2011 1:03 PM
Quebec you say. Nice!!!! And Jealous my wife likes the warmth too much so we compromise and stay in iowa. I got the chance to have a forester as a loaner while the escape with in the body shop. I loved the off-road capabilities of it. and the lower center of gravity was nice and made my wife feel more secure. I was looking at an 07 forester for around 11k so you should be able to find close to what you are looking for within the 33k limit.

Monday, September 19, 2011 3:42 PM
Hope you enjoy your Forester test drive. I have heard that there aren't a ton of Subarus in Canada, which is really strange to me! I'm in Pennsylvania & they're a dime a dozen. They're very capable in snow not just for AWD, but for nifty things like heat strips under your wipers so they don't get stuck to the windshield & heated mirrors & seats. We don't even shovel the Outback out after it's plowed in, we clear out a door to get in & drive it over the mess. They're all about the outdoors & they do good things like working with the ASPCA, so I'm all about spreading the word. Love <3

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:17 PM
Get the Outlander. I've been in both, and the Outlander is a nicer car.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, September 24, 2011 4:24 AM
i would go with the forester
Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:59 AM
Quote:

I have heard that there aren't a ton of Subarus in Canada, which is really strange to me! I'm in Pennsylvania & they're a dime a dozen.

There is not a lot of Subaru's on our roads for two simple reasons: There is almost no dealerships up here. One or two in each big city like Montreal and Quebec. I didn't put Subaru on my shopping list because I never thought about them since I see next to none.

Took an hour drive to go to the Subaru dealer to find out they were arrogant prick @!#$tards. I rolled in the lot with my Forte Koup Sx wich is not even a year old and I'm keeping it too. The salesman didn't even introduce himself and just told me "Yeah I'd be tired riding in that thing too and I'd change it ASAP"....WTF? I told him I was keeping the car and was just looking for a AWD for the family and was looking forward to making one single payment on it. He shut up.

I ended up trying a Dark grey metallic Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited, loved the car, a bit higher priced but was in the our range. The salesman grossed me out totally so F You Subaru. I intend speaking one day with this dealership's owner about the negative image his salesman is sending out. Instead of telling about his product he prefered critisizing the others, all long we were there.

This is why I ordered a fully loaded White diamond pearl Mitsubishi Outlander XLS V6 AWD. it was the SUV that standed out the most and performed great. Everybody at Mitsu were great and polite, wich counts alot for us. Don't get me wrong, the Subaru was a blast too, it just felt underpowered compared to the Outlander and for the other reasons it wrote.

Thanks all for your suggestions and comments!!!
Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:13 PM
You didn't try the turbo model? Lol. I do agree the 2.5na are good powered but not a impress you motor. The turbo model is a different story tho. And I don't blame you on the salesman chasing you away. I have had that happen to me before. Sucks that he didn't do his job and get you into what you were looking for. Also remember its not subaru that was a dick. Lol.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 4:21 PM
As a matter of fact I was pretty impressed with the NA 2.5 model. I corresponded perfectly to what we were looking for. The turbo model was way too expensive. I don't know how much they cost in the U.S but here I'd have to give them a kidney and my left nut + 30 grand. LOL

And yes I know it isn't Subaru's fault, just the salesman being an ass. He owns a blue WRX with Sti graphics (not being an Sti) and partially chromed window tinting. I just wasn't feeling for a pissing contest at the moment with my g/f and 2 months old daughter beside me.

We should receive our Outlander middle of next week. One feature I love on the Outie is the2wd /4wd/ 4wdLOCK positions available. The LOCK position locks the wheels 40% front and 60% rear. Can't wait to drift this thing in the snow.

Religion is like a penis...It's OK to have one. It's OK to be proud of it. But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around. And PLEASE don,t try to shove it down my childrens throats.
Saturday, September 24, 2011 4:53 PM
being at a subaru dealership i am biased, but the forester na is great to drive. the turbo is a lot of fun as well with many upgrade options. the vehicle stability control and the type of awd in the forester and outback are far ahead of other types. if you went outback spend a little more for the h6. less mpg but in the snow the 5 speed auto will do a lot to get you places. the cvt is nice, i just dont know how it does in heavy snow.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:58 PM
Wow, that's really unfortunate to have such a crappy salesman. I own a 2.5 na & a 2.5 turbo, the turbo makes me smile daily over a year later Being able to manually shift the turbo automatic is really helpful in the snow too. The na is plenty for a dd though. I had looked up a bunch of videos on YouTube back when my brother & his wife were looking for an AWD vehicle (they went VW boooo haha) and the Subaru AWD system can do some amazing things. I hope the Mitsu does well for your family.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:01 PM
Thanks Stargrrl!!!

Well before I bought the Mitsu I went to see some videos on their S-AWC system (the same as the EVO) and was really impressed! I cant wait for the first snowfall!!!! And thanks for your comments and suggestions!

Religion is like a penis...It's OK to have one. It's OK to be proud of it. But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around. And PLEASE don,t try to shove it down my childrens throats.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:22 PM
Glad you found something you liked man but to let one scum bag salesman(that could work at ANY car's dealerships) make you completely oust an entire brand is kinda stupid. Just talk to management and get the one douche bag in trouble.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:00 AM
Congratz on the new Outlander......I really like those.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search