Test Drive - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Test Drive
Friday, September 16, 2011 11:16 PM
anyone test drive any new cars or trucks for fun?

Re: Test Drive
Friday, September 16, 2011 11:29 PM
no

Saturday, September 17, 2011 12:28 AM
i want to test drive the dodge ram express like how they had the lil express.
Saturday, September 17, 2011 8:55 AM
Yeah... I test drive fun cars when I'm going to buy a car. I don't just go waste dealers or sellers time test driving something I know I wont/can't buy.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, September 17, 2011 9:02 AM
People that do that are the reason that a lot of dealers make it a pain in the ass to road test. Well at least around me anyways. I can also assure you that most dealer sales staff get really pissed when people do this. It wastes their time and keeps them from a potential sale with a real customer resulting a possible loss of commission income. Dont be a dick by road testing knowing full well that you wont be buying.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 9:13 AM
I was actually denied a test drive one Saturday while car shopping because of ass holes like this. The salesperson told me that I wasn't able to take the car for a test drive because it's an expensive car (it was $22K), and he was the only sales person around at the time. So because he had to go with me, he couldn't because of that. Also he said, "if you come back another day, we can run your credit and see if you quality for a test drive in it." While being given multiple other BS reasons and a LOT of run around that all boiled down to "You're young and I saw the busted Cavalier you're driving" of why I couldn't test drive a car, his entire dealership lost my entire families business.

And it's partially to blame the ass holes that go in, test drive, beat, and not buy a damn thing that the dealers are like this. Although that salesman was especially ass-hole-ish, I still blame you

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:52 AM
This week me and my girlfriend went to test some SUV's at many dealers and the salesmen were almost throwing the keys at us for road tests. lol We sure are going to buy one, we did not test just for fun but because we need one.
Saturday, September 17, 2011 5:57 PM
not an issue test driving anything, i show up in the jeep and was thrown the keys to a new cts v sedan/new s/c mustang/camaro and a couple vettes

Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:01 PM
I test drive all sorts of fun things for no reason... When the local powersport shop has demo days...
Saturday, September 17, 2011 9:27 PM
24 here.

Never had an issue.

Test drove an 09 Z06, a 2010 GTR and a couple 2010 BMW coupes.

Having worked in car dealerships for a couple years right outta high school, I've found that sales managers who work at bigger dealerships (75+ cars) don't worry as much about who is test driving what.

Unless you are a newly liscenced 17 year old kid, who brings 2 other buddies that are young as well....a regular old dealership shouldn't give you any hassle.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 1:37 AM
My VW salesman actually called me to come in a test drive the new MK6 GTI (when it first came out )when I wasn't even in the market for a new one.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!

Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:28 AM
its nice around here im only 21 and me and a few friends go to dealerships and i pull up in my durango and the assume ive got money so they pretty much toss me keys and say just dont wreck it and come back in a few hours lol they dont even go with its nive having lots that belive in the daily test drive

Sunday, September 18, 2011 8:32 AM
I still think it's a punk ass thing to do, going out and test driving vehicles just to drive them. I just remembered one of the things that scum bag salesman said (and it's because of people like you). "We can't afford to have kids coming in and test driving the nice vehicles on the lot, racking up mileage on a car that someone else is actually going to buy".

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:10 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I still think it's a punk ass thing to do, going out and test driving vehicles just to drive them. I just remembered one of the things that scum bag salesman said (and it's because of people like you). "We can't afford to have kids coming in and test driving the nice vehicles on the lot, racking up mileage on a car that someone else is actually going to buy".

THIS...

Test driving lowers the value of the car significantly... with how much the auto industry is already suffering... this would only make it worse... Quit being a douchebag and grow the @!#$ up...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:23 PM
not for fun.... but i HATE when the sales person has to go with you on test drives!! i dont want to hear your crap while im trying to drive this car!!!!!!!

Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:40 PM
^^ That is to reduce theft (around me anyways) and keep idiots from abusing brand new vehicles.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:53 PM
I've had it both ways when car shopping. Had a salesman go with me and a friend in a $8000 used truck, then had the keys handed to me for a $20,000 car and was told "we close at 5, take it out and see what you think. Bring us the receipt if it needs gas." As you might guess, I bought from this dealership and not the one previously mentioned

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, September 18, 2011 8:16 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I was actually denied a test drive one Saturday while car shopping because of ass holes like this. The salesperson told me that I wasn't able to take the car for a test drive because it's an expensive car (it was $22K), and he was the only sales person around at the time. So because he had to go with me, he couldn't because of that. Also he said, "if you come back another day, we can run your credit and see if you quality for a test drive in it." While being given multiple other BS reasons and a LOT of run around that all boiled down to "You're young and I saw the busted Cavalier you're driving" of why I couldn't test drive a car, his entire dealership lost my entire families business.

And it's partially to blame the ass holes that go in, test drive, beat, and not buy a damn thing that the dealers are like this. Although that salesman was especially ass-hole-ish, I still blame you
\

i think it's just you... hell, i wouldn't toss a set of keys your way either.

i haven't had any problems with test drives, and i think i've only had the dealer ride with me once.

as for test driving cars for the hell of it, that's just plain retarded.

Monday, September 19, 2011 2:54 AM
When I was out test driving cars before I bought my Nitro, all the cars on the lot had keys in them, they said if I wanted to drive anything just let them know so they can slap a plate on. They let take whatever I wanted out for as long as I needed. The guy even said he was just going to let me go because he knows people drive differently with them in the car and you need to get a better feel for it.

Monday, September 19, 2011 5:32 AM
OhForKavy (WhiteKnightro) wrote:When I was out test driving cars before I bought my Nitro, all the cars on the lot had keys in them, they said if I wanted to drive anything just let them know so they can slap a plate on. They let take whatever I wanted out for as long as I needed. The guy even said he was just going to let me go because he knows people drive differently with them in the car and you need to get a better feel for it.

i hate it when the dealer i work at leaves all the keys in the doors of the cars. it only takes one crackhead to walk by and jack a bunch of keys or just take the nicest car he can find. but whatever thats not my department so i can't get in @!#$ (if) it happened
Monday, September 19, 2011 6:40 AM
I do go for fun if I am invited. For example I just got an invite from ford to test drive a new focus and get $50. I sign up with all the car makers and get information on cars I like and may buy one day. When I head into dealerships I am upfront and let them know I am not buying a car today and let them know I am in it just for the offer. They also sign my forms. There are ones that go the extra effort to tell me about how great the car is, and how nice there dealership is. This is how I like to be treated and like most people I am going to need a car sooner or later, and will remember the treatment I received.

Also going to special events like gmlive test drive, and there was one a few years back test driving mazdas kick @ss. They encourage you to beat on them and there is no possibility of you even trying to buy one that day, since they are held off site. Nothing beats taking a hummer on a dirt track, do a lap in a cts-v, or a little auto crossing in a mazda 6.

But going to a dealership to just beat a car and give it back is kind of pointless...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search