GM's lawsuit on the Impala - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GM's lawsuit on the Impala
Sunday, September 04, 2011 6:49 PM
No basically that people love to bitch over and over and can never attempt to be realistic. Thanks for name calling!

Sunday, September 04, 2011 8:14 PM
I'm sorry but I can't think of anything other than "idiot" to consider someone who thinks that's the right thing to do. How are people being unrealistic in thinking that what GM is doing is shady and complete crap?

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, September 05, 2011 11:18 AM
I never said it was right did i? But at some Point you have to draw the line its just not possible to try to cover every end

Monday, September 05, 2011 1:29 PM
But it's a major design or part flaw that they admitted to on the police models(covering their asses against a major contract that pays them tons of money each year), and neglecting that it's a problem on the civilian versions even though it's the same part.... That's not just a matter of not being able to cover every end, it's flat out neglect.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, September 05, 2011 3:47 PM
gm was a cheap skate company with my Z. fixed rod bearings without even taking the engine out of the car, only replacing minimal parts instead of going over the engine a few times. they claimed it was my doing but when I threw a jy engine in it lasted up till my car got totaled. lets see, 20k and 4 rebuilds with them and 70k with a jy engine. same driver... never mind the trans same story.

they deserved to burn not become obamas best buddies in the union convention.

damn shame

Monday, September 05, 2011 4:35 PM
Police models sometimes have completely different parts (not sure on the Impalas though).

GM does not say to replace just the rod bearing. I can assure you that the dealer charged GM for pulling the engine and properly fixing the issue. Maybe you just needed to find a new dealer.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 6:40 AM
Biggest misconception is dealers being thought of as being GM I hear of this stuff happening all the time.

If you fix the Impala and something else happens then you have to say okay to that. Then something happens to the Malibu similar to the Impala, then you have to say okay to that. At what point does a "restructured" company get to break away from passed mistakes to try and remodel itself as a new company?

At some point you have to draw the line. No matter where that point is it will eventually be drawn and there will be some that get burned it's inevitable but it has to be done.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 6:19 AM
Copter - no offense, but are you insane, or perhaps work for GM or the government? What sort of can of worms would that open up, if GM was able to walk away unscathed from any liability from this, and more importantly any other issue that predated the bankruptcy? Or any other company for that matter. If GM is allowed to get away with using this defence successfully, God help us all because every greedy corporation (which is virtually all of them) will be declaring bankruptcy left right and center to save themselves untold billions. I hope you live in a house full of those companies products too! I guarantee you would be the first one in line, shouting the loudest against the next company that tried to pull this bogus excuse, if it effected you (like your house burnt down because of a faulty smoke detector, or God forbid, someone in your family died as a result - but oh well, because as you say, "a "restructured" company [should] get to break away from passed mistakes to try and remodel itself as a new company", right? Sounds like solid advice to me (NOT!) Hopefully the Jury is not full of simple minded people like yourself, and this gets tossed, as it should have before it ever went to trial. Otherwise, intelligent people like myself will have to live with the consequences of asinine decisions by people like you! Oh yah, I guess I did offend, and no I'm not sorry!
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 6:28 AM
Jason Weeks wrote:Copter - no offense, but are you insane, or perhaps work for GM or the government? What sort of can of worms would that open up, if GM was able to walk away unscathed from any liability from this, and more importantly any other issue that predated the bankruptcy? Or any other company for that matter. If GM is allowed to get away with using this defence successfully, God help us all because every greedy corporation (which is virtually all of them) will be declaring bankruptcy left right and center to save themselves untold billions. I hope you live in a house full of those companies products too! I guarantee you would be the first one in line, shouting the loudest against the next company that tried to pull this bogus excuse, if it effected you (like your house burnt down because of a faulty smoke detector, or God forbid, someone in your family died as a result - but oh well, because as you say, "a "restructured" company [should] get to break away from passed mistakes to try and remodel itself as a new company", right? Sounds like solid advice to me (NOT!) Hopefully the Jury is not full of simple minded people like yourself, and this gets tossed, as it should have before it ever went to trial. Otherwise, intelligent people like myself will have to live with the consequences of asinine decisions by people like you! Oh yah, I guess I did offend, and no I'm not sorry!

if you're going to rip on someone's intelligence at least learn how to structure an intelligent response, instead of just throwing sentences together in a giant, jumbled mess.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 7:03 AM
Jason Weeks wrote:Copter - no offense, but are you insane, or perhaps work for GM or the government? What sort of can of worms would that open up, if GM was able to walk away unscathed from any liability from this, and more importantly any other issue that predated the bankruptcy? Or any other company for that matter. If GM is allowed to get away with using this defence successfully, God help us all because every greedy corporation (which is virtually all of them) will be declaring bankruptcy left right and center to save themselves untold billions. I hope you live in a house full of those companies products too! I guarantee you would be the first one in line, shouting the loudest against the next company that tried to pull this bogus excuse, if it effected you (like your house burnt down because of a faulty smoke detector, or God forbid, someone in your family died as a result - but oh well, because as you say, "a "restructured" company [should] get to break away from passed mistakes to try and remodel itself as a new company", right? Sounds like solid advice to me (NOT!) Hopefully the Jury is not full of simple minded people like yourself, and this gets tossed, as it should have before it ever went to trial. Otherwise, intelligent people like myself will have to live with the consequences of asinine decisions by people like you! Oh yah, I guess I did offend, and no I'm not sorry!

Seriously I'm not even sure if you understand what you are trying to argue here. It's a fact companies can break away and restructure, it does happen and there is no conspiracy about it from GM, myself or the government.

Again over and over I'm not saying that is is right or best practice what I am saying is that at some point the way our country works they do have the ability to cut off the arm, restructure and move on. Whether you like it or not this is what they have done and are doing, I'm looking at this from a business stand point and nothing more.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 7:38 AM
blucavvy - I didn't know my 8th grade english teacher would be on this forum! Plus, my longest sentence was 38 words, yours was 30. My point is that the world seems to be filling up with companies and people who don't feel they need to take ownership or responsibility for their actions. I don't like it and don't feel I should have to pay for it when my elected officials give them billions of dollars and autonomy to companies like GM to continue.
Copter - again it is people like you that make decisions base on the bottom line and justify their actions with comments like the ones you have posted. At some point people need to take responsibility for their actions and own up to their mistakes. We have greedy corporations that are being held in check by governments ruled by the same special interest groups that run the corporations. The USA has a deficit equal to $300,000 per taxpayer largely due to billions in bailout giving to greedy corporations that use that money to invest in emerging markets (by the way, USA is not an emerging market!)

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 7:43 AM
Copter wrote:Again over and over I'm not saying that it is right or best practice what I am saying is that at some point the way our country works they do have the ability to cut off the arm, restructure and move on. Whether you like it or not this is what they have done and are doing, I'm looking at this from a business stand point and nothing more.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:05 AM
I guess I'll start up a corporation and screw my clients, suppliers and the competition (especially from other countries). When the $hit hits the fan, I'll just declare bankruptcy and forget about my worries, and start a new corporation. I hear the government will even help me out in starting it, funding it, and protecting it! Wow, we are lucky to have a government that protects it's own. I guess that is what their new philosophy on buying American is all about. Who knew? I think this will really help stop all the importing from China too. I really do!
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:11 AM
There you go, call it JW Motors.

Monday, September 19, 2011 10:13 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Copter wrote:And at what point are people going to stop crying about past lessons learned and look at a company that has begun to come around? At some point a line has to be drawn.

I would say that point will happen when the company has actually turned around.
I have to agree here. It's legally a new company, but it's not actually new company, and they're still below most other manufacturers in terms of quality. I've been liking Ford a whole lot more over the years, and GM less.

Also, on another note, if this argument is upheld, then why did they have to abide by the UAW contracts with the old company?!

Typical contradiction here: the government was involved, (and one in bed with the unions, no less), and they gave money to a company that was failing, without actually allowing a true resturcturing, but in the end, the consumers are getting screwed, and the union got what they wanted.

Monday, September 19, 2011 10:32 AM
The UAW got what they wanted. Any outside union contractor works at a reduced rate for Ford, Chrysler, and some GM jobs. More than just consumers got screwed. A lot of salary workers and retirees got shafted. More so salary retirees than UAW retirees.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search