AutoX Yesterday, in a Boxster :) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AutoX Yesterday, in a Boxster :)
Monday, September 26, 2011 12:09 PM
Yesterday was our regions last AutoX event for the year, and a friend was nice enough to let me race his Boxster S

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Re: AutoX Yesterday, in a Boxster :)
Monday, September 26, 2011 3:26 PM
god damn man, you look slammed up against that dash.

Monday, September 26, 2011 3:39 PM
Looks like fun!!!

Religion is like a penis...It's OK to have one. It's OK to be proud of it. But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around. And PLEASE don,t try to shove it down my childrens throats.
Monday, September 26, 2011 10:26 PM
KG wrote:god damn man, you look slammed up against that dash.

More like.

I was watching the vids... and i see you were not to happy with the results. I got to drive these cars through a press event when they got updated for the 2009 m/y. And these cars are one of those "finesse" cars as one of the Porsche snobs err reps said. And I could not agree more. These are cars where you don't use power, you just let the mid-engine layout do the work for you. That being said, I'm hearing that you are riding on your side walls on the corners. Basically you're coming in to hot at the entrance, lower your speed a notch, don't give more turns on the steering as you ease the throttle in. These are like a MX-5 or RX-8 you don't use brute force to get low lap times.
All in all, it looks like you had fun and that's what mattered.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:41 AM
I'm 6'4" and all my height is in my shins, so my knees are high in every car, it can make trying to drive quickly a bit difficult, haha

I was happy with my raw time, but the pax multiplier on a Boxster took me from second in raw time to 10th... which is kind of a bummer. The car is much faster than my brain can make decisions, lol, so there was a lot more time to be had.

And I agree, I loved the feel of the chassis, when it stepped out it would only step out a couple inches and just sit there until the next shift. And when you felt a bit of understeer you could just lift for a bit of lift off oversteer, followed quickly by a stab of full throttle and the car would just squat and take off.

I didn't realize I was making as many adjustments to the wheel at the end of a turn as I was until I watched the video, but that's why I take these videos, haha. First time racing a car that quick, and I wasn't ready for it. Looking back I would have taken the turn arounds a bit wider and carried more speed.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:16 AM
Some pictures as well

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:20 PM
BSP? You were on slicks and had lowering springs? That doesnt seem right, BSP would put you against Evo's and C4 vettes. But still 2nd in raw time is impressive in a Porsche, typically porsches are crippled by terrible drivers. I beat the 911 at the last event I went to by well over a second and I drove like utter garbage that event (I barely beat a turbo hundai that I'm normally 2 seconds faster than)

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:43 AM
Road tire, so no slicks, just two year old Star Specs with a season of autox on them and 3 track days at the Glen, haha. But the car is lowered.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search