thought I'd post up of what I've been driving around - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
thought I'd post up of what I've been driving around
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:12 AM
been awhile since I posted up here, but I was bored and figured why not?

I got rid of the GTO some time ago and picked up this:

2007 Silverado 1500 LTZ. 4x4 with the 6.0L. so far I have long tubes, GMPP cat-back, intake, and a Kenwood DNX-9140 headunit with reverse camera.

Nothing real major planned because money is tight right now, but I would like to get a new intake (I don't like the Air Raid that's on it now), AMP Research steps, a lift and new rims and tires.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Re: thought I'd post up of what I've been driving around
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:54 PM
looks good i thought about those wheels on my 00 silverado.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:26 PM
Looks like it has a leveling kit on it. Whats the tire size/rim size? I wanna get something about the same size for my 08 Z71. Already have HID's, K&N intake installed plus an alpine deck with subwoofers taking my whole back seat (need to sell them). Have leveling kit but gonna wait to install until I find a good tire/rim combo. Are you gonna get a bed cover?
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:15 PM
i know i love my 08. why dont you like the air raid intake?

and watch out for lifts on these... you have to grind the cooling fins off the diff for most of them. Thats why I only went with a leveling kit on mine.

In years to come ill do long tubes, exhaust, tonneau cover, roll pan, cowl hood, 20's, tint, radio. Otherwise I love it as it is bone stock. I want to get a tune as well. Possibly do an e85 tune and then gasser when pulling stuff.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:20 AM
hmm , so that is what your truck looks like

Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:24 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:looks good i thought about those wheels on my 00 silverado.

they're nice, but the center caps rattle. easy fix, I know, but I'm not keen on the looks of them. if I sell them, I'll let you know.

01cavZ24 wrote:Looks like it has a leveling kit on it. Whats the tire size/rim size? I wanna get something about the same size for my 08 Z71. Already have HID's, K&N intake installed plus an alpine deck with subwoofers taking my whole back seat (need to sell them). Have leveling kit but gonna wait to install until I find a good tire/rim combo. Are you gonna get a bed cover?

tire is a 285/65/18 on a 18x8 (I think) rim. it's just millimeters below a 33 inch tire. I probably won't get a bed cover, but I do need to do the bedliner.

BuiltNBoosted wrote:i know i love my 08. why dont you like the air raid intake?

and watch out for lifts on these... you have to grind the cooling fins off the diff for most of them. Thats why I only went with a leveling kit on mine.

In years to come ill do long tubes, exhaust, tonneau cover, roll pan, cowl hood, 20's, tint, radio. Otherwise I love it as it is bone stock. I want to get a tune as well. Possibly do an e85 tune and then gasser when pulling stuff.

my Air Raid is just an isolator box and a filter, but uses the stock tube with the resonators. I don't know, just looks ugly. and the isolator box doesn't look like it fits up against the hood.

lift is a ways out, if at all. but yeah, thanks for the heads up on the grinding part though.

I wanna re-do the exhaust and put a cat back in. I've got the cylinder deactivation shut off right now and would like to do some tuning on the motor. it's not the flex fuel motor though, so no e85 for me. I'm sure I can get 400 hp out of this 6 liter no problem.

best time right now is a 15.2 in the quarter on these rims/tires, so it's pretty quick.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search