New Car Ideas? - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New Car Ideas?
Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:39 PM
Hahaha... if I DO get this cavy I could probably do the same thing... but in the long run my insurance would rape me. haha.

Sunday, October 02, 2011 8:15 PM
What do you guys think of the ZX2s?

Sunday, October 02, 2011 8:51 PM
http://www.recycler.com/details/5010629/99-saturn

I am probably going to call about that.

Monday, October 03, 2011 7:37 AM
Ok well the guy with the yellow cavalier fell through. So I am going to continue to look for a cavalier for my winter beater. It just makes sense with my winter treads already on my sunfire.

I have also decided I am going to get a Miata as a summer car/project. I just called about one and I think I may bite. It is gutted but has all the parts to put back into it and needs painted. It has brand new tires and the guy already patched a hole or two on it.

http://www.recycler.com/details/5152214/very-nice-needs-restored-

It has 101, not 1,001,000. He also said he would deliver it and throw in a few extras like a roll bar and stuff. I think it would be a fun cheap project.

Monday, October 03, 2011 8:17 PM
Lmfao my girl friend just said: "why cant you just buy a normal car thats not fast?" I responded with "I am buying a base model cavalier." She says: "I am sure you are going to do SOMETHING to it that's not stock. You could buy a moped and I am sure you would do something to it."

I Proceded to laugh. hahahahah.

And I have lost support for my cause.

Monday, October 03, 2011 9:28 PM
I hear that line all the time. Also why don't you check out ne classified on here there is a z for sale for like $600.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:03 PM
Got a cavy.

142k miles, 5 speed(doesnt slip), BRAND new all seasonal tires(100 miles on them), no CEL on, clean interior(other than a missing glove box door which is a good junk yard item), almost NO rust(just a few bubbles near gas tank latch and a TAD on the inside of the door which I would like to know if any of you have any good tips on how to prevent it from go further or repair it. the inside of the door that is.), sub frames are almost rust free, etc etc.

The only thing that I did see is that there is a tad bit of oil around the valve cover, what could this be?

But I got it for only 1200. There is 500 in tires on it, I have 500 in snow tires on my GT rims that will go on for winter plus the black rims for summer.

I am now going to look at a Miata tomorrow PLUS I got my first apartment today! My gf and i get the keys on saturday. It was a good day.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:04 PM
Oh and the first mod is going to be removing the rediculous stickers... hahahaha.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 11:15 PM
will you be transfering you gt parts to this? after stickers come off first thing is it needs a drop STAT!!!!;-p

Modding my j since I found the org
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:17 AM
I have big plans for the GT and this...

And yes... I know this. I have already started looking into it. I am not dropping a lot of money into it because after all it IS a winter beater and I am about to go look at my REAL project here in a few minutes. But something has to give there haha. I am just glad I got a 5 speed with no rust or faded clear coat.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search