Selling the G6, Now what? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Selling the G6, Now what?
Monday, October 10, 2011 1:15 PM
Ok guys, for financial reasons i've decided to sell my G6 GTP, it's in the chicagoland craigslist if anyone is interested. I am in need of suggestions for my future vechicle, here are the requirements:

$7000-7500
Must have a back seat
FWD or AWD as I am a puss and don't want to drive RWD in the winter time.
Must have trunk or someway to carry my snowboard and mountian bikes
Manual
Under or around 100,000 but prefer under
25+mpg with an emphasis on +
Average yearly cost of upkeep that wont break the bank
And have some sort of aftermarket

Things that have peaked my interest are:

EP3 Si
Another J
Cobalt

Anybody think of anything else/???

Any reason to get one over the other?

As I've been around J's my entire life, outside of the last 2 years with the G, I don't know much as far as the reliability and average cost of upkeep for the other two (EP3 / Cobalt).

Thanks for the help guys.

Re: Selling the G6, Now what?
Monday, October 10, 2011 1:30 PM
Monday, October 10, 2011 1:43 PM
2 problems, its auto, and its in upstate new york. Thanks for the heads up though!

Monday, October 10, 2011 1:44 PM
Should have bought my SS/SC, had 92k, and some of the aftermarket was already on it!

Monday, October 10, 2011 4:33 PM
Honda CR-V?

They come in either FWD or AWD. Also, depending on the year, I believe they come with the B20 or K24. Just swap to a B16 or K20a2 head/cams...and tune. It should make for a quick/practical vehicle.

I have no signiture
Monday, October 10, 2011 8:27 PM
I was thinking honda accord.Wife has a 04(got new) very practical but finding one for that price might tough.My wifes is pushing 84,500 and I think resale is still higher than your price range.Great car,roomy,good mpg average about 24 or so.I have not chkd it to the letter.Car does have a big trunk.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:42 AM
It's 8300, but says obo
A tad over 100k miles, but will hold it's resale value. It's awd, practical and fun to drive. Has a MASSIVE aftermarket. Looks super clean also.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:56 AM
thanks for the suggestions guys, OHFour, that is a nice call, Ill have to see what he'll be able to go down to.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:12 PM
Buy an HHR... I love mine! so damn functional and roomy plus fun to drive. Mine has an LE5 so its more spunky then your typical 2.2L HHR and not as expensive as an SS.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:25 PM
2000 and up gti. drive one today and man they are quick little cars. might be picking one up soon
Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:06 PM
iGTP wrote:
Average yearly cost of upkeep that wont break the bank
And have some sort of aftermarket
reliability

the_miker17(u kiddin) wrote: 2000 and up gti.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Good one.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, October 15, 2011 11:00 PM
If you hunt down or haggle, I'd say you might be able to get a GD3 Fit. Not the fastest on the planet, but seems to fit the bill for you. That being said, resale on them is decent, so you may be a little shy of the average asking price.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, October 15, 2011 11:09 PM
Thanks,

Yeah i've looked at the fits, and all the ones around here must come with some bars of gold LOL!

Actually a few J's that i've seen have been wayyyyy over priced also!

SOMEONE BUY MY CAR!

Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:52 AM
cobalt SS/TC
02 and up jbo
99 and up LS Fbody

just throwing some options out there

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:54 PM
The Jew, thanks for reading....

I think its down to a 2002-2005 civic si, a 2000 swapped EX, a 3rd gen eco j, and a svt focus.....

Sunday, October 16, 2011 7:30 PM
Look around for these types of cars & you are bound to find something around 8k

Ford Focus
    Dodge neon sxt
    Caliber R/T
    Pontiac G5

Monday, October 17, 2011 3:34 PM
iGTP wrote:The Jew, thanks for reading....

I think its down to a 2002-2005 civic si, a 2000 swapped EX, a 3rd gen eco j, and a svt focus.....

You REALLY want to buy a Civic that someone already dug into and did things like a swap on? And you want a reliable daily? Ick, I wouldn't take the chance.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:15 AM
The only reason why I was considering it was because he had the papers from the shop that did it (shop is quite reputable) and it was a B18C5 motor...only reason for considering it. But that has since fell through and its down to the 2 hatch's and the J's. The hardest part about this is getting rid of my car and trying to figure out of I reallllly want to get into another eco j car.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:01 PM
Dude, I still say HHR. You wont find more trunk space than that, they have ECOTEC motors, they are fun to drive, can be had for reasonable price, you can find them in manual, they are FWD, reliable, and not expensive to up keep.

But that is just my .02

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:02 AM
..still think you should pick one of these up
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/2651481452.html

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:45 AM
Josh, the HHR on paper sounds great, but I've driven a few SS's and I can't get over how tall I feel while driving it. I do agree though that the cargo space in them is awesome.

OhForKavy: that is ideal actually, the hardest time Im having right now is getting rid of my G6.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:25 AM
iGTP wrote:Josh, the HHR on paper sounds great, but I've driven a few SS's and I can't get over how tall I feel while driving it. I do agree though that the cargo space in them is awesome.

I understand. I am almost 6ft and it took me a little to get use to it myself but.... damn dude this car honestly made me fall in love with Chevy products all over again. I have owned a

1998 2200 cavalier - ton of problems caused by myself and performance modifications done wrong (just being honest)
2002 4.3L Blazer - ton of problems, gas was SUPER expensive
2006 3.5L Impala LT - ton of problems, transmission related and dang near everything in between

I was so fed up with Chevy.... Then I came across my HHR. I hated the cars when they first came out in 2006.. couldnt stand the milk truck look.... totaled the Impala and went to get another one and ended up test driving the HHR and having it for the weekend... Never gave it back.

Hands down best decision I have made in 28 years. The car is beyond functional for my career, married life, road trips, my dogs, moving, grocery shopping, you name it.

Friday, October 28, 2011 6:32 AM
Any yay or nay's to an SVT Focus? Anyone hear anything bad about them? Ive read about the stock head unit and clutch problems but does anyone have a friend that owns one?

Friday, October 28, 2011 8:28 AM
Not sure on the Sgt specifically but my experience with those cars is they are cheaply made, fall apart, and just feel horribly cheap and trashy.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, October 28, 2011 9:38 AM
Accord? Maxima?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search