2013 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2013 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:50 AM

From GM...
Chevrolet will introduce the all-new, 2013 TrailBlazer midsize SUV in global markets, beginning in Thailand, in early 2012. Built on a new global midsize platform developed by GM do Brasil, the TrailBlazer will combine the hauling and towing capability of an SUV with the ride comfort and efficiency of a crossover. The new TrailBlazer will be unveiled at Dubai International Motor Show, Nov. 10-14.

It will be based on the the next Colorado.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 2013 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:59 AM
Hmm, midsize, does that mean v6 still? I miss my TBSS, bring that biotch back! lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:21 AM
Colorado = Isuzu D-Max.

Trailblazer = Isuzu ????
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:54 PM
I hope this doesnt look like the new colorados.....

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:34 PM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:I hope this doesnt look like the new colorados.....

x2

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:27 PM
so is it suppose to fit between equinox and traverse?

so it will be equinox,trailblazer,traverse,tahoe suburban?
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:10 PM
Back end favors the traverse at least as I see it.Bubbly mobile looking.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:20 PM
Skip (The Original Skip) wrote:

x2

but i will stick with my TBSS

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:13 PM
Looks like no more body on frame.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:30 PM
Skip (The Original Skip) wrote:

x2

It's going to look exactly like the new Colorado's' because they are the same exact platform. all they did was take a 4 door Colorado, and cover the bed give it new tail lights.

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Friday, October 21, 2011 9:42 AM
. . . So they get rid of the TrailBlazer for the Traverse . . . Only to bring back the TrailBlazer while the Traverse is still out . . .? Uhhhh. . . .

Friday, October 21, 2011 10:16 AM
As the market sees it, Cross-Over >Minivan. So GM replaced the Venture for the Traverse... "supposedly."

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, October 21, 2011 6:40 PM
looks A LOT like a buick....

Saturday, October 22, 2011 4:49 AM
Sooooo.........many.......SUVs.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:32 AM
mitdr774 wrote:Looks like no more body on frame.

It's got a frame.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Saturday, October 22, 2011 9:13 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:As the market sees it, Cross-Over >Minivan. So GM replaced the Venture for the Traverse... "supposedly."

Thought the Traverse was meant to replace to TrailBlazer and the Equinox? Then the Equinox sales started climbing so they just replaced the TrailBlazer? That's what I was told at work?
Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:07 PM

From GM...

Chevrolet’s All-New TrailBlazer SUV Breaks Cover in Dubai

Chevrolet’s toughest, most- refined midsize sport utility vehicle, the TrailBlazer, made its global debut today at the opening of the Dubai International Motor Show in the Middle East.

The robust seven-seat show vehicle previews Chevrolet’s latest SUV offering, which will be sold around the world, beginning with Thailand in early 2012.

The new-generation TrailBlazer combines the hauling and towing capability of a body-on-frame SUV with the ride comfort and efficiency of a crossover. Developed in tandem with the all-new Chevrolet Colorado pickup by GM do Brasil, it shares the same architecture as its truck sibling, with a chassis tuned to combine heavy-duty off-road capability with refined city driving.

The show vehicle features an all-wheel-drive system and is powered by GM’s new 2.8-liter Duramax turbo-diesel engine, which features a variable-geometry turbocharger for an optimal combination of performance and fuel economy.

"It is a reflection of the importance of the Middle East market for General Motors that a vehicle as important as TrailBlazer is making its global debut at this show,” said GM Middle East Operations President and Managing Director John Stadwick. “Without question, the new TrailBlazer will be one of the biggest and toughest members of the Chevrolet family – the perfect vehicle to take on the Middle East’s competitive midsize SUV segment.

“Although this is a show vehicle, the overall design is faithful to the production version that will arrive in Chevrolet showrooms next year. TrailBlazer will be the ideal fit, not only for consumers in the Middle East, but in every place around the world where it will be sold.”

According to Brad Merkel, GM’s global vehicle line executive for midsize trucks and SUVs, TrailBlazer offers the strength, design, capability and refinement needed to compete with the world’s best off-road vehicles.

“The growing markets of the world want flexibility. That means power and capability combined with comfort and efficiency,” Merkel said. “TrailBlazer does it all. You can tow anything, go anywhere, comfortably seat seven people, and do so with the fuel efficiency associated with a smaller, less capable vehicle. It’s the complete package.”

Exterior Design – Sophisticated Muscle
TrailBlazer’s bold road presence was created by the GM South America Design Center in São Caetano do Sul, Brazil, and shares a number of design cues with its sister vehicle, the Chevrolet Colorado.

Exterior highlights include a “body in-wheels out” design that delivers high approach and departure angles. A dramatic power dome in the hood combined with a raised cowl gives the TrailBlazer a strong, purposeful appearance. Higher-mounted dual projector headlamps are positioned beneath the power dome, emphasizing the visual strength in the face of the vehicle.

Also prominent is the contemporary dual-port grille – an unmistakable Chevrolet cue – that carries a three-dimensional grille mesh. It is complemented by polished aluminium decor trims in the fascias, rockers, belt line, tailgate and roof rack. Tri-coat pearlescent white exterior paint and integrated LED front and rear fog lamps provide a premium appearance.

Additional exterior details include:

■Highly detailed sheet metal work in the hood, door panels and rear quarters that blend layers of natural light for a rich, uncluttered, natural surface appearance;
■Front and rear LED Chevrolet signature lighting housed within sculpted aluminum decorative bezels;
■Custom dual-finish, painted and polished 20-inch aluminum wheels fitted with 20-inch Cooper Zeon LTZ tires;
■Exterior mirror-mounted LED turn signals.

“TrailBlazer delivers a great combination of capabilities, from negotiating off-road trails to daily city driving, that we wanted to convey visually,” said Matt Noone, director of design for GM do Brasil. “There’s an obvious sense of muscle in the design, but at the same time a very sophisticated appearance in line with the world’s premium SUVs. From every angle, TrailBlazer looks agile and athletic, with a refined finish that makes it a vehicle our customers will aspire to own.”

Interior – Spacious, Refined and Flexible
Signature Chevrolet cues continue inside, conveying spaciousness, flexibility and an upscale appearance in all control interfaces.

With a flowing instrument panel, integrated center stack, and signature Chevrolet dual cockpit design, the interior of the all-new TrailBlazer combines car-like characteristics with the boldness expected of a true SUV. The seven-passenger interior offers intuitive three-row tumble and/or fold-flat seat versatility and best-in-class spaciousness in the third row.

“We made the seating both flexible and intuitive. There’s no need to pull out the owner’s manual to figure out how to configure the seats,” Noone said. “The third row in this SUV isn’t an afterthought. It’s an authentic third row where people can sit comfortably for long trips. Combine that with luxurious interior appointments and it is easy to see why TrailBlazer really is an all-purpose vehicle.”

Additional interior details include:
■An overhead console that integrates the HVAC system with onboard infotainment;
■Second row 60/40 split seats with single latch forward gravity tumble, fold-flat capability, and six-degree seat-back reclining along with integrated folding armrests with cup holders;
■Third row 50/50 split seats with center console storage and fold-flat capability;
■Flat floor storage from the front row rearward when all seats are folded flat, which is designed to provide extreme load capability;
■Auxiliary power plug with USB and Bluetooth connectivity.

Contrasting trim used with the light-colored leather seating, mat dark wood trim accented with chrome, and dual-grained surfaces used on the upper and lower IP provide a premium feel. A number of storage compartments are located throughout the interior, including a covered center bin for concealment of valuable items, and a large, dual glovebox.

Other features include a dual-zone, digital climate control system and the latest in infotainment technology.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:50 PM
WOW that thing got @!#$ ugly!

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, November 11, 2011 2:07 AM
I really, really like the wheel/tire combo on this thing!!!

Not sure we will see this in the dealer lot though!!!
Friday, November 11, 2011 4:59 AM
I actually really like that. I'm sure they won't offer the diesel in North America, though, which is too bad. That would be tits.

Friday, November 11, 2011 6:43 AM

Friday, November 11, 2011 6:45 AM
Friday, November 11, 2011 7:02 AM
I like it.

Friday, November 11, 2011 7:05 AM
I'm diggin' it.

Friday, November 11, 2011 7:53 AM
Hell, I think it looks great. The wheels and tires look great on there (wheels may make it, not sure on the tires). If they make an SS of this thing, it has great potential.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search