Finally have some photos to post in here. Mustang and Skyline Photoshoots(40+photos) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finally have some photos to post in here. Mustang and Skyline Photoshoots(40+photos)
Monday, October 10, 2011 6:40 PM
Well I have recently offered some local friends the opportunity to get their cars shot so I could get some more camera time in as well as using my lighting equipment and figured I would post on here since everyone here seems to like the variety every once in a while to love or hate on. I know some probably seen this on my facebook page but I am pleased with these so i'm whoring them out a bit lol

First up is Kyle's Mustang GT. Was going to set up the lighting equipment for his car but I managed to have spare batteries for everything except for my flash transmitter which the battery was dead.. But the pictures still seemed to turn out well.

Most recently my buddy Derek, this was the first time I got to actually use my lighting equipment on a car photo shoot , So this was pretty fun. Didn't do a whole lot of crazy stuff but basically getting a feel for positioning and what not. biggest problem was trying to get the car in focus once it got so dark I couldn't see anything through the viewfinder. This is basically his daily and hate all you want. He is a professional drift racer and his drift car is going to be coming up under fire in my viewfinder soon.

Re: Finally have some photos to post in here. Mustang and Skyline Photoshoots(40+photos)
Monday, October 10, 2011 6:48 PM
Yeah saw these on FB. look good. a little too edited for me is all. But none the less good pics. I personally am not feeling the skyline. makes the bottom look too boxy. They have such good natural lines, that kit seems to blow it up. I like the color though.

Re: Finally have some photos to post in here. Mustang and Skyline Photoshoots(40+photos)
Monday, October 10, 2011 7:18 PM
Great shots! Some of them are a little repetitive, but still good. I like the lighting in the night shots a lot. And minus the goofy front bumper, I really dig the R33. The Mustang is super clean as well!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Monday, October 10, 2011 7:59 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:look good. a little too edited for me is all. But none the less good pics.

Thanks vince and yeah everyone seems to have their own preferences towards photos.. I don't think i edit a lot, I just try to bring out colors and kind of like a darker overall image.
the thing i cringe about the skyline is, its single stage but easily understandable due to the abuse the car gets.

98z24ragtop wrote:Great shots! Some of them are a little repetitive, but still good. I like the lighting in the night shots a lot. And minus the goofy front bumper, I really dig the R33. The Mustang is super clean as well!

thanks, ill agree on repetitive.. i find myself a lot of times going back to similar angles trying to mess with camera settings and messing around. I am no where near "professional" and still consider myself very amateur due to the amount of shutter time I've actually had. but that is what doing these is all about is trying to learn more by doing it. I just had my lighting equipment due to photos I do for work so most the time people at my skill level(or lack there of) don't have such equipment so it helps me out quite a bit i think lol

Monday, October 10, 2011 8:10 PM
94-04 mustangs should have those front lips from the factory
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:41 AM
i dont know why you always rag on your skills man. definatly better then mine. seeing the night shots how much light you get makes me jealous. i need more lighting so damn bad. i like the one before the last pic best i think. how was the paint on his car? looks orange peal from hell in the pics? is it that way. sucks if it is because i really like the car.

oh for lighting up and focusing. get a good flashlight use that so your camera will focus. then when its focused. switch to manual (this is if your shooting on a tripod which i think u should)

you guys have allot of cool locations up there. i need to get out and around more to find some neater locations.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:42 AM
Very nice, great pics!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:12 PM
sndsgood wrote:i dont know why you always rag on your skills man. definatly better then mine. seeing the night shots how much light you get makes me jealous. i need more lighting so damn bad. i like the one before the last pic best i think. how was the paint on his car? looks orange peal from hell in the pics? is it that way. sucks if it is because i really like the car.

oh for lighting up and focusing. get a good flashlight use that so your camera will focus. then when its focused. switch to manual (this is if your shooting on a tripod which i think u should)

you guys have allot of cool locations up there. i need to get out and around more to find some neater locations.

trust me man, compared to a few locals i've hung out with, im not to far. they have years on me and it shows. and yeah that was my thought was try to get one of those good size spot lights that have good distance for a light beam.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:19 PM
the paint job on that Skyline makes me cry a little... Seriously one of the worst I've seen Pics came out pretty good, and they make me miss my old Mustang, but that paint job GOD I can't get over it lol.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:31 PM
I personally love the natural body lines of the Skyline, but the kit and paint don't help in any way...
Great pictures tough...

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:43 PM
isnt that an s14 with skyline front and rear lights?

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:46 PM
great pics but god that skyline deserves better than a maaco paint job.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:42 AM
no its a legit skyline. and the paint is single stage due to the abuse the car may get and hasn't been wetsanded or buffed yet, was just painted maybe a month ago.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:48 PM
With a roller?

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:56 PM
again just my opinion but the cars look a little to much like HDR to me. I like the shine of the car but the mustang looks like the sky is reflecting so much it throws me off the car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search