Waltrip's Ride of a Lifetime - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Waltrip's Ride of a Lifetime
Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:23 PM

Re: Waltrip's Ride of a Lifetime
Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:37 PM
proof that nascar is for pussys.

---

Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:58 PM
Chuck (Chesterton) wrote:proof that nascar is for pussys.

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:02 PM

Friday, October 14, 2011 3:44 AM
Chuck (Chesterton) wrote:proof that nascar is for pussys.

Couldnt have said it any better myself.

Friday, October 14, 2011 11:38 AM
lol @ 200MPH... surprised he didn't say 300MPH.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, it is always different to sit in the passenger seat versus the driver's and in control.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, October 14, 2011 1:16 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:it is always different to sit in the passenger seat versus the driver's and in control.

as well as making right turns

I have no signiture
Saturday, October 15, 2011 1:33 PM
actually Waltrip won on a road course several times during his career in Nascar.....not that any of you even know what a road course is because your all armchair racecar drivers and you think that nascar is "all left turns"

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, October 15, 2011 1:58 PM
okay only 90% of there turns are left. i used to be into nascar before i smartened up and realized how truly boring it is to watch a car go in a big circle.
Saturday, October 15, 2011 2:08 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:actually Waltrip won on a road course several times during his career in Nascar.....not that any of you even know what a road course is because your all armchair racecar drivers and you think that nascar is "all left turns"

You make it to the over 300 hp club yet?

-I drive my car to work-
Saturday, October 15, 2011 2:38 PM
Why does he remind me so much of Ricky Bobby in Talladgea Nights?

Saturday, October 15, 2011 4:15 PM
Surprise, Surprise......Matty can't take a joke.

I have no signiture
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:03 AM
durandall05 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:actually Waltrip won on a road course several times during his career in Nascar.....not that any of you even know what a road course is because your all armchair racecar drivers and you think that nascar is "all left turns"

You make it to the over 300 hp club yet?

I dont know did you break the 150HP club yet?

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 1:36 PM
I don't know did either of you pop your first pubic hair yet?

Saturday, October 29, 2011 7:09 PM
I shave mine

Sunday, October 30, 2011 10:08 AM
That was awesome to watch, I'm glad they are bringing the Aussie v8 supercar series here. Hopefully we dont ruin the concept like we did with formula d..... Those Aussie guys are nuts

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Sunday, October 30, 2011 3:28 PM
The Aussie V8 supercar series is what Nascar needs to be instead of the aweful path they are on

Sunday, October 30, 2011 4:47 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:The Aussie V8 supercar series is what Nascar needs to be instead of the aweful path they are on

Why? Nascar has always been ovals... It always should be... yes it has gotten more corporate but the racing has gotten better imho the last year or two.

The left turn argument is ridiculous... You can usually tell those who never ever even gave nascar a shot in their minds by that argument alone...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Sunday, October 30, 2011 9:09 PM
The problem with Nascar is that they have strayed from what made it great. They are more concerned with racing in "new markets" than what they are with the type of tracks they race on. Instead of building these boring ass 1.5 mile tracks build some new short tracks. Destroy Kansas, Iowa, Kentucky, Nashville, Las Vegas, Loudon, take the bulldozer to all of them. Build tracks like Richmound, Bristol, Martinsville.

They moved a date from one of the fastest most competitive tracks on the circuit that being Atlanta, no reason that track shouldnt have 2 races. Nascar is trying to appeal to too many people rather than to its base.

Monday, October 31, 2011 7:07 AM
I used to watch Nascar, the last time I watched a race I just shut it off. It just seemed so stupid now I understand drafting and everything that goes along with it but now its like draft packs versus draft packs and not driver versus driver. I don't know it didn't even look the same as when I used to watch it. I still check it out time to time but I get annoyed now.

Monday, October 31, 2011 4:10 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:The problem with Nascar is that they have strayed from what made it great. They are more concerned with racing in "new markets" than what they are with the type of tracks they race on. Instead of building these boring ass 1.5 mile tracks build some new short tracks. Destroy Kansas, Iowa, Kentucky, Nashville, Las Vegas, Loudon, take the bulldozer to all of them. Build tracks like Richmound, Bristol, Martinsville.

They moved a date from one of the fastest most competitive tracks on the circuit that being Atlanta, no reason that track shouldnt have 2 races. Nascar is trying to appeal to too many people rather than to its base.

I would agree with most of those... except I would ditch loudon in those... loudon is pretty different compared to most of the "cookie cutter" tracks you talk about...

Dega, Daytona, Charlotte, Martinsville, Bristol, Sears Point (okay okay, infineon), the glen, richmond, Pocono etc are all pretty good

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards

Monday, October 31, 2011 6:01 PM
It's funny in Matt's argument about Nascar needing more short tracks, he says to destroy Louden.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, October 31, 2011 11:05 PM
A short track is classified as under a mile in length. loudon is 1.017 miles. Regardless its been responsible for some of the worst racing the sport has saw during its tenure. Not to mention safety concerns two deaths in a very short span. One year Jeff Burton led every single lap for crying out loud. There was a few years the track was falling apart during the race and other years that side by side racing was virtually impossible. To go along with all that poor racing attendence is far lower than other tracks that lost dates. One of Rockinghams dates was lost to loudon. Rockingham was 10x better.

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 4:31 AM
It'd be great, but it will never happen, if they at least dropped the 2nd race from the Cookie cutter 1.5 milers for more road courses such as Mid Ohio, Road America, Laguna Seca, Sebring, or even the Daytona road course etc...
I only watch the superspeedway, road course, Richmond and short track races, the rest are quite boring.

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 9:22 AM
Haha that was so funny. Kept thinking I was watching Will Ferrel / Ricky Bobby.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search