Snow Tires - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Snow Tires
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:31 AM
Buying a couple of snow tires is much cheaper than a deductible or dealing with totaling a car. Better tires on the rear. City driving should mean you will be going slow, so a little spinning off the light shouldn't be a big deal. Best to get 4 tires.

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=snow+tires&catAbb=pts&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=

13's with snow tires for $150

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:58 AM
OhForKavy (WhiteKnightro) wrote:Buying a couple of snow tires is much cheaper than a deductible or dealing with totaling a car. Better tires on the rear. City driving should mean you will be going slow, so a little spinning off the light shouldn't be a big deal. Best to get 4 tires.

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=snow+tires&catAbb=pts&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=

13's with snow tires for $150

I found 4 rims/tires for a cavalier, which I can throw on my girlfriends car and just mount the 4 tires I have now...
Hope this goes through..

Friday, October 21, 2011 8:22 AM
Picked up 4 tires, and he gave me another tire that is brand new, but it is a 185/65/15..
Would it hinder anything or anything noticeable if I ran a 185/65/15 tire with 3 other 195/65/15's?

Friday, October 21, 2011 10:56 AM
You never wanna run two diameter tires on either the front or the back, the front esspecially since its hard on the diff.

Friday, October 21, 2011 11:19 AM
newt wrote:You never wanna run two diameter tires on either the front or the back, the front esspecially since its hard on the diff.

185 Width not diameter... 3 would be 195/65/15, 1 would be 185/65/15

Friday, October 21, 2011 11:24 AM
Sorry not thinking. If I ran them on the rear, like I planned I think it would turn out alright. 195/65=3 and 185/3=2.8~

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search