New project: 87 Fiero GT - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New project: 87 Fiero GT
Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:00 PM
Almost forgot to mention, looks good so far! I would be a bit concerned about the rear frame rails however. Fieros are still relatively plentiful and cheap because of the fire hazard stigma of yester year. Also, you will have a difficult time finding an 88 cradle. besides, the front suspension cradle is also something you are going to want for a full 88 suspension upgrade. They can be found however in the mall over at PFF from time to time, just be prepaired to fork out a bit of cash for it. I have an 87 SE which I am swapping a 3300 behind a 282 but I got into Fieros for a turbo L67 with an F-body top swap into a rust free 88 chassis. I've decided on an F-23 for that swap.

Either way, I will be kicking around if you need any info on Fieros. I've gotten to know them pretty well in the past couple of years! I look forward to seeing more on your swap!

87 Fiero (DD)
88 Fiero GT L67/F23
94 Dodge Shadow (winter rat)
95 F-150 (car hauler)

Thursday, October 06, 2011 6:28 PM
Screenname on pff is turbocavy.

I am gonna try to get the fiero into the garage this weekend to get the floorpan cleaned up and coated then put the interior back together.

More pics soon.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:38 PM
Car is in the garage on jack stands, front suspension is mostly off. Picked up a couple of vents to try on the hood and should have pics tomorrow of that and the floor cleaned and coated.

Also have a set of braided stainless brake hoses on the way.

Friday, October 14, 2011 8:07 PM
Pics

New hood vents

Floorpan on passenger side getting ground down before rust reformer and coating.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:16 PM
Brake lines came in the other day. I need to finish grinding on the floors and patch a few spots before I can coat it. Upper control arms are off but lowers are being a pita. The bolts have become one with the bushing sleeves and I have been spraying them with pb blaster. Hopefully they will let go soon and I can get all the front suspension stuff blasted and powdered. Thats all for now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search