*****STOLEN***** truck/trailer/car (GS Nationals, Bowling Green, KY) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
*****STOLEN***** truck/trailer/car (GS Nationals, Bowling Green, KY)
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 4:24 PM
A pair of unfortunate racers competing at the Buick GS Nationals at the Beech Raceway Park in Bowling Green, Kentucky over the weekend were the victims of what appears to be an organized heist, as two Buick Grand Nationals and their complete rigs (truck and trailer) were stolen from nearby hotel parking lots overnight on Saturday. While it’s also being reported on forums around the web that multi-car open trailer containing three cars was also stolen, that information is still unsubstantiated.

Stolen from the Days Inn was a black 1997 Ford F250 SuperCab pickup with an 8 foot bed pulling an open trailer towing a black 1987 Buick Grand National with Billet Specialties Comp 5 wheels. The whole setup was stole between the times of 9PM Saturday and 4:15 AM on Sunday morning. Another rig, a silver Dodge Ram pickup carrying a Buick Grand National, was also taken.

Although unconfirmed that they are indeed the stolen rigs. both were reportedly spotted at noon on Sunday heading north on I-75 towards Michigan around Sydney, Ohio, mile marker 93.

As you travel, keep your eyes peeled for these two rigs for these racers in need. If you have any information on the whereabouts of these vehicles, call the Bowling Green Police Department at (270) 393-2473. The drag racing community is a powerful and ruthless force in large numbers, and have mercy on their souls if we find them before the Police do.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/alert-two-complete-buick-gs-rigs-stolen-in-bowling-green-saturday/

Original post on the Buick Forums:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/362413-stolen-truck-trailer-car.html

Posting this up to get the word out. Please post this where ever you can, thanks.

Re: *****STOLEN***** truck/trailer/car (GS Nationals, Bowling Green, KY)
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:03 PM
youda though they woulda learned after several cars were stolen from indy last year or 2 years ago

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:14 PM
Seems there was a total of 5 stolen.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:28 PM
...smells like Toretto
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:15 PM
It was me.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:24 PM
Mike wrote:It was me.

ssshhhhhh, Wait til we get rid of the evidence first.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:17 PM
Ryan Thompson wrote:...smells like Toretto

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:42 PM
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:10 PM
Bet they were going to Detroit.. See those cars around here getting stolen all the time, hopefully they find them soon!!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:19 PM
I thought about posting this up here. I have been following it on some local forums. It appears there was a total of 5 stolen. Sad day for sure. We have had syclone/typhoon nationals as well as several corvette events at Bowling Green without issue. It will definitely make people think about security at future events.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:16 AM
Wow this is really blowing up all over the internet, it started on the local forums and now it's on every forum I'm on.

The power of the internet is crazy.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:01 AM
Will I find a dirt cheap GNX on Ebay?
Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:35 AM
Posted on ecotecforum, chevyhhr.net, and on Modern Camaro Forum.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:01 AM
i hear upon doing some research on many other forums....they think the cars are going over the border

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:13 AM
The Jew wrote:i hear upon doing some research on many other forums....they think the cars are going over the border

I wouldn't be suprised if the cars are headed to the Middle East. A while back Federal as well as local authorities in Detroit broke up a stolen car ring where they were stealing cars for collectors in the Middle East & Asia.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:40 AM
Rob wrote:I thought about posting this up here. I have been following it on some local forums. It appears there was a total of 5 stolen. Sad day for sure. We have had syclone/typhoon nationals as well as several corvette events at Bowling Green without issue. It will definitely make people think about security at future events.

Ya, 5 cars were stolen. 2 car/trailer/truck combos and the other was a 3 car trailer and truck. No one knows for sure who owns the 3 car trailer or what it looks like unfortunately.

JoeyDaBomb wrote:Wow this is really blowing up all over the internet, it started on the local forums and now it's on every forum I'm on.

The power of the internet is crazy.

Yes it is, and good thing. Getting this out as fast as it is will hopefully help catch these guys.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:52 AM
Welp, hope the bash isnt in BG anymore LOL. They might want to steal our mad tight j-bodies

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, October 26, 2011 1:31 PM
F*%&in low lifes

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:26 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Welp, hope the bash isnt in BG anymore LOL. They might want to steal our mad tight j-bodies

yeah sure they will want to steal our J's and ship themto the middleeast!!

lololololololol

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:28 AM
Wow, hope they find them.

A Grand National in my garage is my dream one day. Especially after owning a Regal.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:30 AM
Yea a T type or national would kick ass but I'm still continuing my search for a Typhoon.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:11 PM
^^^ they are all over ebay. same as grand nationals. anybody with around $13,000 can get either in pretty nice shape.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, October 28, 2011 12:09 AM
Copter wrote:Yea a T type or national would kick ass but I'm still continuing my search for a Typhoon.

Good choice.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Friday, October 28, 2011 1:26 AM
All i can say is thats total b.s if it was my car and i found out who stole em id hang em by there balls lol
Friday, October 28, 2011 6:50 AM
Rob wrote:
Copter wrote:Yea a T type or national would kick ass but I'm still continuing my search for a Typhoon.

Good choice.

I concur loved them since the day they came out and especially after I drove my cousins.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search