Subaru BRZ - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Subaru BRZ
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:03 AM
I would rock the @!#$ out of this!

Just needs the STI front lip and spoiler.

Manual doors and windows FTW!!!!!!!! and steelies with 205/55/r16s.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:15 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:13 AM
also seems like it has heater only and manual ac (which I assume is thier way of saying 2x60mph ac).

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:37 AM
ill pass

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:50 PM
CAR FEATURE>>SUBARU BRZ STI CONCEPT

Eternal wrote:Wow, that looks awesome.

Replace the big ass wing with a lip spoiler and it would be even better.

flickr No worries man, just a civil exchange of opinions.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:53 PM
Why is she wearing a medical mask?

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:20 PM
allergic to awesome i suppose

Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:28 PM
Whalesac wrote:
Technically, no Miata has ever come with a power hard top .

looks like a Miata with a power hard top to me.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:34 PM
this is for the toyota/scion but difference is the front bumper cover and some badges.

http://youtu.be/romf-G6CZ7g

Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:26 PM
From Subaru....
Subaru of America Announces Pricing for 2013 BRZ

All-new Sports Car starts at $25,495

CHERRY HILL, N.J., -- Subaru of America, Inc. announced pricing for its much-heralded 2013 BRZ, starting at $25,495 for the Premium model with a six-speed manual transmission. The six-speed automatic version starts at $26,595.Premium models come standard with touch-screen GPS Navigation, Bluetooth® connectivity and HID headlamps. Above the well-appointed Premium model, Limited models add Alcantara seat inserts with leather bolsters, heated seats and mirrors, dual-zone automatic climate control system, fog lights, Keyless Access & Start and body-color decklid spoiler. Limited models come equipped with leather seats and start at $27,495 when equipped with a six-speed manual transmission and $28,595 for automatic versions.

Trim
MT
AT

Premium
$25,495
$26,595

Limited
$27,495
$28,595

The Subaru BRZ arrives in Subaru dealerships this spring after receiving strong media praise for its handling and fun-to-drive persona. The 2.0 liter naturally aspirated BRZ delivers pinpoint handling precision and an unmatched driving experience for sports car enthusiasts of all skill levels.

Subaru developed the BRZ with three fundamentals of sports car design: low vehicle weight, an ultra-low center of gravity and precision steering. Utilizing Subaru's naturally aspirated 200 horsepower horizontally opposed (Boxer) engine design, BRZ is a sports car that does not sacrifice everyday comfort and practicality.

Prices are MSRP before $770 destination charge.

For more information on this and other Subaru models, you can follow Subaru at its Subaru of America Facebook page and on Twitter at subaru_usa

About Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of more than 600 dealers across the United States. All Subaru products are manufactured in zero-landfill production plants and Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. is the only U.S. automobile production plant to be designated a backyard wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. For additional information visit www.subaru.com.

At-A-Glance 2013 Subaru BRZ

Key Facts/Performance
•All-new Subaru-developed vehicle-specific platform.
•New 2.0-liter Subaru Boxer engine features "square" configuration (bore and stroke dimensions identical) for high-revving performance; double overhead camshafts and dual Active Valve Control System (DAVCS); fuel injection system combines direct injection and port injection technologies; very high compression ratio; high specific engine output: 100 hp/liter.
•Choice of 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions; optional automatic has steering wheel paddle shifters, Sport mode, winter mode and downshift blipping control.
•Torsen® limited-slip differential.
•Double-wishbone rear suspension.
•Electric power steering.
•4-wheel vented disc brakes.
•Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and traction control system (TCS) with 5 modes, including Sport mode and TCS Off for track driving.
•17 x 7-in. aluminum alloy wheels with 215/45 R17 summer performance tires.
• Aluminum hood.

Key Facts / Design and Amenities
•Premium and Limited trim lines.
•2+2 seating with enough trunk and interior room to transport four tires and tools for track driving.
•Standard navigation system with voice control and comprehensive infotainment capabilities (see standard equipment).

Key Safety Features
•Ring Shaped Frame Reinforcement body structure provides outstanding occupant protection.
•3-point seatbelts for all seating positions, front seatbelt pretensioners and force limiters.
•Subaru Advanced Frontal Airbag System; dual-stage deployment driver and front passenger airbags; front seat side pelvis/torso air bags and side-curtain air bags (SRS).
•4-channel/4-sensor Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist and Brake Override system.
•Safety pedal system.
•Whiplash protection front seats.

Standard Features, BRZ Premium
•12v power outlets: one in glove box and one in center console
•24-hour roadside assistance for vehicle limited warranty period
•3-spoke leather-wrapped tilt and telescoping steering wheel with red stitching.
•Fold-down rear seatback
•Aluminum-alloy pedal covers (including driver's footrest)
•Auto on/off High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights, low and high beam
•Touch-screen GPS navigation system with: •6.1-inch LCD screen
•AM/FM stereo with HD radio
•Single-disc in-dash CD player
•196-watt amplifier
•8 speakers
•MP3/WMA capability
•Voice activated controls
•Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
•Bluetooth audio streaming connectivity
•iPod® control capability
•iTunes® tagging capability
•USB port
•XM® Satellite Radio (subscription required)
•XM NavTraffic (subscription required)
•SMS text messaging capability
•3.5mm auxiliary audio input jack

•Manual climate control system with cabin air filtration
•Carpeted floor mats
•Chrome interior door handles
•Cruise control
•Cup holders integrated into door panels and two in center console
•Digital clock
•Digital dual-mode trip odometer
•Digital outside temperature gauge
•Dome light with off-delay
•Driver's footrest
•Sport design instrument panel gauges: Speedometer, tachometer, digital speedometer integrated within tachometer, coolant temperature gauge, fuel gauge
•Height-adjustable driver's seat
•Illuminated ignition switch ring
•Dual visor vanity mirrors
•Leather-wrapped shift handle and parking brake handle
•Multi function display with current and average fuel economy
•Performance-design front seats with height-adjustable head restraints
•Power door locks
•Power side mirrors
•Power windows with driver's and passenger's auto up/down with pinch protection
•Rear window defroster with timer
•Remote fuel door release
•Remote keyless entry system with engine immobilizer system
•Seatback pocket on front passenger seat
•Variable intermittent windshield wipers

BRZ Limited adds:
•Alcantara seat inserts with leather bolsters All-Weather Package (dual-mode heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors)
•Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
•Dual-zone automatic climate control system
•Fog lights
•Front door courtesy lights
•Keyless Access and Start with illuminated engine start/stop button
•Rear trunk spoiler (body color)
•Security system

Optional for Premium and Limited: 6-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode, downshift blipping control, steering wheel paddle shift control switches, sport shift mode and snow shift mode.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:55 PM
we had SOA's red BRZ make a stop at the dealer this past week. its def a sleek little car. unfortunately i never got the chance to really look at it, we had customers walking up to it all day and a couple people took it for a road test. theres definately a huge buzz about it and we always have people asking for info. all i know is there are ~ 500 subaru dealers in the country and they will only be producing 400 a month for the US. so production will be limited. my dealer is supposed to get 5 in the first 6 months of distribution and 3 are already sold. if the SOA car comes back and i actually get a chance i'll have to snap some pics.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:54 PM
I prefer the look of the Scion interior. Last months Car & Driver had a review I believe its 200hp and runs like a low 15 sec 1/4 mile. Hopefully GM makes a similar car, perhaps call it a Nova or Corvair. They should still have the tooling leftover from the Sky/ Solstice

Friday, April 13, 2012 7:15 AM
Jookycola wrote:
Whalesac wrote:
Technically, no Miata has ever come with a power hard top .

looks like a Miata with a power hard top to me.

I know. I personally own a 2011 PRHT MX5. Mazda dropped the "Miata" name in 2006, though... so, what I said is true...and hence the winky-smiley. They probably label it as an MX5 Miata on their website because they know that's what Americans know it as...but it's technically never referred to in any documentation as a Miata.

In any case, it doesn't matter...it was just a joke.

I have no signiture
Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:29 AM
so they've released the pricing for the BRZ/FR-S. FR-S $24,930, ($25990 CDN) and BRZ is $25,495, (no cdn price yet) I had heard the BRZ would be cheaper than the Scion but clearly not. BRZ is available in Premium and Limited which is $27495. Limited adds leather alcantara interior, rear wing and fog lights. Both have voice controlled GPS and a Torsen rear diff as standard. and there is a rear diffuser as an option. I really want one of these.

Monday, April 30, 2012 4:07 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, May 31, 2012 5:05 PM
just gonna go ahead and leave these here.

believe it or not this is an AUTO. i did a double take when sitting in the driver's seat.

got our first batch of BRZ's in at the dealer today. we got 5 of them in in various colors/ trans/ appearance options. thats it for us for the next 6 months though. we arent getting anymore. the look awesome. i havent gotten the chance to drive one yet, but im sure it will come up. if not soon ill make it happen lol. they look like a load of fun.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 5:22 PM
Damn, thats a good looking car.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:19 PM
The subaru rx8. Boasts great handling but has NO trim level with adequate power..... disappointing "sports car" to me.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, June 03, 2012 10:19 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:The subaru rx8. Boasts great handling but has NO trim level with adequate power..... disappointing "sports car" to me.

you need to go drive one. a fair amount of guys on the subaru forms beg the differ, it doesn't have to be about big hp numbers to make a car perform well.

Sunday, June 03, 2012 12:54 PM

flickr No worries man, just a civil exchange of opinions.
Monday, June 04, 2012 12:54 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:The subaru rx8. Boasts great handling but has NO trim level with adequate power..... disappointing "sports car" to me.

Good thing you finished that sentence with: "to me."
This car is not a Ford GT500 powerhouse, but rather a all around balanced track car. Think MX-5 with a hard top, is how I would describe it when I got to drive the Scion version last month. Lastly, if you think the power is not adequate, check the figures and the displacement and compare those figures with others that are N/A. You'll find it is powerful for what it is.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, June 04, 2012 3:42 AM
So I drove an FR-S this weekend. It was by far the funnest car I have driven lately. The Camaro ss and Mustang GT felt boring compared to it.

I was actually surprised at how much I actually truly enjoyed driving it. It felt tight, precise, refined, and nimble. Even the wife really liked it. So far it is the car highest on my list for my next car. I literally was smiling the entire time I was driving it. The seats were snug on my small 265lb x 6'-2" body. It was a great car, and they are getting some more in mid June. I think I may test drive an auto also.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, June 04, 2012 6:54 AM
So its a fun sporty car? And you want to try an auto? You're doing it wrong!

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, June 04, 2012 8:00 AM
LOL it is a VERY fun car. Wife will not learn to drive a manual. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Also,

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, June 11, 2012 9:19 AM
Wait what is this.....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search