1989 Honda Accord LXi - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 1989 Honda Accord LXi
Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:41 PM
WOW and u did not hear the leak!Don't feel to bad I went last wk and had my entire exhaust system replaced on my 87 mazda trk,it was toast,I removed convertor(done) str8 pipe in place,muffler had holes all around the hanger.I say yank it all and has nice shiny new metal and warrantied for the tune of 426.00.Granted my state does not do emissions on my truck(HOWEVER) it has to be on the vehicle and NOT leak.Plus it is no longer my daily as of march 28 got a new car.My exhaust was way old,rusted out everywhere.So for what u put into the car ur doing ok really.I had a private shop do my work not midas,meineke or chain store.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:25 PM
I did hear the leak, but hoped it might pass so I don't have to fix it. lol. Just kidding. Also congrats on the new car Ron. Those newer honda civics are pretty nice.

I had the muffler replaced. I got the muffler and pipe at pull a part for 13 dollars. Bolted it on, went back and passed emissions. I thought the resonator was leaking, but was glad to find out I was wrong. Car sounds ten times better and even runs better. I recently got new grounds, and alternator brushes. The alternator is just shy of keeping the battery charged. Hopefully It will fix my problem. I will be installing this crap soon. I also got an accel super stock coil to replace the original one. It was a little weak and the performance coil was cheaper. I am also glad to see that I have no leaks... except the power steering pump... Will rebuild it soon. I will try to keep this updated.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:01 PM
Thats cool you are getting the wear items done.I put a accel coil on my truck as well,it was a touch more than stock but,makes alot of difference.Doing new cables is a good idea,I assume since u said grounds,that u are not replacing the positive battery stuff?I would since ur doing the grounds.As for the pump I would look to see if a new reman might be cheaper plus a warranty over rebuilding it,I know I would with kits versus parts today prices are yo yo and it may come out better to just swap it out,versus fixing it.Neat ride for cost tho.Ever since I saw ur thread I see alot of the older accords rolling around here lately.Concidence idk

Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:08 PM
Oh, the battery wires are getting replaced. I forgot to add that to this list. Thanks. As for buying a new pump... I would but the thing can be disassembled sooo easy. Just a couple of bolts and all the washers are right there. No special tools needed. I had it apart already. Simple o-rings and smash washers. The internals are almost new with no wear.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:45 PM
Cool then.I guess the list might grow.I would check ur cv boots,push down on ur front/rear for suspension (1 bounce) is good pushing on fenders on both for wear.Plus just checking the brakes(espec the slide pins on calipers) easy checks and def worth doing.Good luck on project old honda.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:58 PM
lol, project old honda. That is the truth. Thanks for the tips.

Monday, October 31, 2011 11:11 PM
I sold this car the other day. I did fix all the oil leaks, put a radio in it, and got it running like new.... Bad news is it hydroplaned off the road damaging everything on the passenger front tire. I let the girlfriend drive it to work... and didn't want another project from her... so I sold it. Got 500 bucks for it and in the end I still made a profit.

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 7:37 PM
Nice!

sucks about the car though...

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search