Leaked Pics of the C7 Corvette - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Leaked Pics of the C7 Corvette
Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:23 AM
Makes me think of a Ferrari

I like it

Thursday, November 17, 2011 5:11 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:^Don't worry, it will not look like that. It is just some dude's renditioning in order to get Google clicks (ad money) on their crap site.
Also, Viper is NOT dead too. Fiat has major plans for the next Viper, which should be here in a couple of years, including of possibly adding a V8 to the line up.

I read the stories about the pics. They were apparently taken out of a GM meeting for the new design. This is supposedly the design that they chose. Apparently once the pics hit online, one of the GM reps sent an e-mail reading "someone is getting fired over this".

Who knows if it is true or not. The internet is full of BS these days, lol.

Probably not true the story is different all over the place. The story I read on Jalponik was auto writers had seen it already and went home and rendered what they saw. when the presented this to GM execs they were in shock at how they got their hands on those pics because they were so accurate. A few things you should know here. THIS exact picture is not a normal Corvette, this is of the bulked up tricked out ZR-1. 2nd, I'll bet the farm those Camaro'ish tail lights you all hate actually do make it onto the next vette. Just look at how heavily the Camaro design cues are used on the next gen Malibu.

Really the only thing i just can't get myself to like aesthetically is the rear windows. But as a long time Corvette owner/driver from a functionality perspective I love it...no more blind spot

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Friday, November 18, 2011 11:54 AM
Yeah, like I said, can't really tell reliability. Different stories on different sites, lol.

I wonder what happened to the "Stingray" concept that was at the auto show? That was supposed to be "similar" to what the next gen would look like, and this version looks nothing like it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search