Transporter's Passat - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Transporter's Passat
Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:28 PM
I didn't go there specifically, but I think I drove through there at some point. I'm renting a place on Lyell while I go to school, its the house on the corner with about 10 Volkswagons in the driveway, hahaha

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Saturday, November 19, 2011 10:14 PM
Pulled the front end today

Then started pulling belts and covers...

And the old water pump...

Turns out it was the old plastic version that is known to randomly explode, haha

New everything...

And everything bolted back up

The front end is back on, I just need to finish bleeding the coolant.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, November 20, 2011 6:02 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:I didn't go there specifically, but I think I drove through there at some point. I'm renting a place on Lyell while I go to school, its the house on the corner with about 10 Volkswagons in the driveway, hahaha

I think I know what house your talking about. I'm off Wegman Rd. Almost bought a house on Lyell Ext.

Sunday, November 20, 2011 9:02 AM
We pretty regularly get harassed by the town for burning things and cutting up cars, lol. It's an interesting place to live that's for sure

Sunday, November 20, 2011 6:51 PM
My sunroof broke itself a couple weeks ago, and I just got to fixing it today. Looks like it broke at a designed in failure point, so I epoxied the plastic ends back on. Hopefully I can find a replacement part pretty soon.

Broken part...

And what it's supposed to look like...

While I was waiting for the epoxy to dry I also swapped radios, since the stock CD player was broken and I don't feel like searching for radio stations every 2 hours on the way down to Florida.

Thursday, December 01, 2011 4:19 PM
Just some pictures of it from this past week, driving down to Florida for the MSL launch, and then to NC for the Tail of the Dragon

Venice Beach

Slightly stuck...

At a shady motel, haha

Cleaning the sand out of the engine bay

And the Tail of the Dragon!

I couldn't believe how well this car did on dirt roads

Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:17 PM
looks like fun. whats with the tape? and how'd you get stuck? lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:56 PM
My sunroof decided to break itself, so the tape was to keep it from lifting open at 75mph, haha.

Turns out narrow snow tires that are awesome in dirt, aren't in sand. I was cruising with Fluffy and the only open spots at the bar we stopped at was in some sand. I pulled in, realized it was a bad idea, started backing out and the passenger side wheel dropped into a hole at the edge of the pavement and high centered the car on the edge of the pavement. So we had to push it forward into the sand, so as to not break the oil pan, and a local guy pulled it out for me with his truck. It was an interesting night, haha.

Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:18 PM
I can't believe you trusted the suction cup mount for your GoPro on the roof like that.... I would have been @!#$ting bricks the whole time hoping it didn't come off. lol

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, December 02, 2011 3:43 AM
You will break the mount before that suction cup lets loose, especially with a little water on the suction cup, haha.

Friday, December 02, 2011 6:08 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I can't believe you trusted the suction cup mount for your GoPro on the roof like that.... I would have been @!#$ting bricks the whole time hoping it didn't come off. lol

those Go-Pro mounts are amazingly strong ive seen several 9 sec cars go down the 1/4 mile with that same mount as the car was picking up and dropping the front tires ....

good looking pics Tim sorry i couldnt make it out to hang out while you were down

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:32 PM
No worries dude, I was already pretty stretched for time.

New windshield today, perks of Geico, haha. No more cracks and pits.

And I replaced the passenger side outter tie rod, the ball joint was loose to a point of being scary...

Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:41 AM
Lol this car makes me smile just because it's a beast. I want a second car just to screw around with and not really care about, haha. Looks like a fun trip, I want to drive the Dragon's Tail!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:20 AM
Its so nice to have a big 4 door cruiser to daily. The Dragon's Tail is better than anyone can ever put into words... just make sure you go in November.

Saturday, December 31, 2011 12:37 PM
I finally set the toe on the Passat. It was toe'd out about 0.3 deg, good for turn in, not so much for highway use. So now it's set at about 0.3 deg toe in, and man is it much more comfortable to cruise in.

Also I replaced the old brittle dipstick tube with a new OEM unit. The old one came off in pieces...

Saturday, December 31, 2011 5:18 PM
now u just need to buff your headlights lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:38 PM
Yeah I definitely do!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:40 PM
I got tired of my heated mirrors not working, so I picked up some aspherical mirrors with heating coils

And I finally had a chance to clean the car up and install them today

They are taking some getting used to, especially when trying to back into a parking spot, but they reduce your blind spot like crazy, so I'm happy with them

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 8:51 PM
I laugh whenever I see these wheels, a friend of mine with a GTI has his steelies forsale and he powder coated them a similar blue haha.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:33 PM
Haha, nice.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:49 PM
Saw a vette at road america with a gopro on each side hit the curb square on the driver side, broke both driver side wheels off since he hit sideways... flat bed driver said, "well at least your camera's stuck on still, but sorry about your wheels not sticking on"

thats one of their perks... if it falls off, you did something wrong.

looks like a nice road trip though for sure!

Thursday, February 02, 2012 7:36 AM
It's pretty amazing how strong that panavise mount is.

It was definitely an awesome trip, I've been jonesing to go on another one for a while now.

Friday, March 09, 2012 2:06 PM
Family car status

Friday, March 09, 2012 4:00 PM
hahaha awesome. I'm so sick of seeing the whole family and names on the back like we give a damn. THAT ONE is hilarious!

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, March 11, 2012 4:44 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:Family car status

lmfao... so true

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search