Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000??? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:03 PM
looking for a "best buy". A car that costs less than 22,000 band new off a lot. i do have a wife and one child so a 2 seater is not an option. looking for reliability first and the rest we can weight out after all these options come in. Thanks guys/gals

Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 1:53 AM
Hey you got a lot of great choices out there!!!

Hyundai Sonata
Kia Forte

or I would grab the new Chevrolet Cruze these days!!!


They all have great warranties too. Just drive the car you like and buy it! Good luck!
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 6:46 AM
lol he said he needed room for a child.

the cruze might as well be a two seater. check out the "back seat"....





and just to show how pathetic the cruze really is... check out the back seat room of a daewoo aveo.




Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, November 28, 2011 6:49 AM


Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 7:22 AM
Hyundai Veloster gets my vote
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 9:42 AM
I really liked my buddies Veloster. I'm fairly sure he told me he paid $25k fully loaded with all the toys. So sub $22K doesn't sound out there at all. New Kia's are really impressing me as well. I would look there. It seems like going with Hyundai or Kia in that price range is going to get you a lot more car than say a Nissan Versa or Honda Fit and other "bargain" cars of the sort. Not to say they're not decent cars, but Hyundai and Kia are just trying harder to make a good name for themselves and offering much more for the money in way of warranty, options, and price to quality.

And as for the Cruze, I am at home visiting for the weekend and have been driving my mom's Cruze LTZ all weekend. This includes some trips to the bars with friends.... Not a single friend, of any size, got into the back seat without complaining. It really is a joke. I almost give F-bodies and Mustangs the edge on back seat room, and I have a LOT to say about those cars and the joke they call a back seat.


(tabs) wrote:

z yaaaa wrote:

its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 10:28 AM
lol dustin that does not surprise me at all. i had to sit in the "back seat" of a cruze all the way to omaha here a couple months ago, talk about a nightmare!

you can slide the seats up a ways but dont expect to be comfortable when driving lol



Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 11:43 AM
any particular reason it has to be brand new ????? i got my trailblazer SS with 35k miles on it, its a 08 and got it for like 18,500 out the door






RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...



Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 1:45 PM
The Jew wrote:

any particular reason it has to be brand new ????? i got my trailblazer SS with 35k miles on it, its a 08 and got it for like 18,500 out the door


what he said. going used and swallowing 30k miles or so aint really a big deal when you look at the savings, You could get a much nicer car that way.



Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 2:03 PM
I'm a proud owner of a brand new 2012 Hyundai Sonata SE. Car is sick- I'm extremely happy. Tons of room for family and all the fun stuff for you. Although mine is fully loaded and I paid more out the door than you would like you can get the GLS for around the price your looking for. Good luck- have fun!
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 2:03 PM
yeah man, we got our dodge journey with 17k a 2010 about a year ago for eighteen thousand still under warranty



Modding my j since I found the org
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 2:03 PM
I really like mine... got a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, 2.4L with the CVT tranny. Right at $2100. I get about 33mpg on the highway with it and the seats are really comfortable. Paddle shifters are fun too. 5 year 100,000 mile warranty.




Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 3:58 PM
Paddle "shifters" and a cvt?? Hahahaha wow OK......


(tabs) wrote:

z yaaaa wrote:

its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 5:49 PM
The Jew wrote:

any particular reason it has to be brand new ????? i got my trailblazer SS with 35k miles on it, its a 08 and got it for like 18,500 out the door


Agreed.
I got a 2008 Silverado Z71 with the Z82 HD trailering package for just over 20k. Had 36,500 miles on it and comes with a 100k powertrain warranty and extended bumper to bumper warranty. I know you are looking for a sedan or something like that but It just goes to show that you can buy slightly used and newer and get something you want vs buying something new and not having everything you want (sticking with a base model for new instead of slightly used with things like power seats, sunroof..so on). For me, getting a new silverado with the same things I have on my used one, woulda cost me $34k at least.
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 6:28 PM
Golf, Jetta, Passat, Jetta Sportwagen, Tiguan all come in under the $22k range.

The new Passat is motor trends car of the year. a 2.5 Golf is a great car.



Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 9:22 PM
I say g8 gt. although it will be used you can't beat the room in it or the ls2. You will not be sorry.



______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Monday, November 28, 2011 10:41 PM
brand new as opposed to new? My answer is from prior experience. The used car finance rate is always higher than the new car rate. So when you do the actual math the difference in what you will pay isn't that much more for the new as opposed to old. Does that make sense? I keep hearing KIA. I thought they were the most unreliable cars out there?
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:09 AM
Quote:

I keep hearing KIA. I thought they were the most unreliable cars out there?


Not really. I would take an 8 year old Kia Spectra or hyundai Elantra over any unreliable and rusting Dodge or Ford. (i.e Neon,Focus)

As a Kia Forte owner myself since a year and a half, I can tell you this car is very well assembled with an awesome fit and finish. People were scared to buy Korean cars and now it's all about them. Kia and Hyundai are great cars. You get a lot of goodies for the same price as a bare-bone Civic or Corolla.
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:00 AM
Wiezer Walley wrote:

looking for a "best buy". A car that costs less than 22,000 band new off a lot. i do have a wife and one child so a 2 seater is not an option. looking for reliability first and the rest we can weight out after all these options come in. Thanks guys/gals

That being said.
Chevy Cruze
Chevy Malibu
Chevy Impala (2012 got the new 3.6L w/ 300+HP)
Ford Focus
Ford Fusion
Mazda 3
Subaru Impreza
Honda Civic (left over 2011)
Hyundai Sonata or Elantra
Kia Forte or Optima

Also stay new. Atleast you're not buying other people's problems. Who knows how those cars were treated in the most critical part of a car's life (the first 3-5K miles). Also not to mention the bacteria and fical mater that could be found from who knows who in a used car, something to think about for your family and yourself.
Look up some old, funny Top Gear episodes when they sampled their used test cars and see what they found when they took it to a lab.


-Z Yaaaa- wrote:

lol he said he needed room for a child.

the cruze might as well be a two seater. check out the "back seat"....





and just to show how pathetic the cruze really is... check out the back seat room of a daewoo aveo.



Yhea, that happens to all back seats when you put the front seat all the way back until it can't go no more. Cars either you have the room upfront for a Shaq size person and under 6 yrs old in the back, or you have the room for a 6'4'' up front and up to 5'11'' in the rear.
Put the seat like for a normal person up front in that Cruze, say... for a 6 footer, and the rear has plenty is roomy for a 5'10'' person.



>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:23 AM
The cruze is really that bad? That car is monstrously huge though. Its like a midsize car, I havent looked at the numbers but it looks like the same size as a malibu from the early 2000's.


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:30 AM
^It isn't. And the specs shows it too.



>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:38 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

Paddle "shifters" and a cvt?? Hahahaha wow OK......

Wait what?





Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:01 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:


Yhea, that happens to all back seats when you put the front seat all the way back until it can't go no more. Cars either you have the room upfront for a Shaq size person and under 6 yrs old in the back, or you have the room for a 6'4'' up front and up to 5'11'' in the rear.
Put the seat like for a normal person up front in that Cruze, say... for a 6 footer, and the rear has plenty is roomy for a 5'10'' person.


yeah and i get that (like i said a few post above).

HOWEVER, i posted the pic of the daewoo aveo to show the difference. the aveo is a compact car whereas the cruze a "midsize" and even with both seats all the way back the aveo has more room. in my book that sucks cawk.



Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:46 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:


Yhea, that happens to all back seats when you put the front seat all the way back until it can't go no more. Cars either you have the room upfront for a Shaq size person and under 6 yrs old in the back, or you have the room for a 6'4'' up front and up to 5'11'' in the rear.
Put the seat like for a normal person up front in that Cruze, say... for a 6 footer, and the rear has plenty is roomy for a 5'10'' person.


yeah and i get that (like i said a few post above).

HOWEVER, i posted the pic of the daewoo aveo to show the difference. the aveo is a compact car whereas the cruze a "midsize" and even with both seats all the way back the aveo has more room. in my book that sucks cawk.


How far the seats go back determines nothing...

For example, the cruz was designed to fit large occupants and can handle a 6'6 driver. How you ask? The Seats go back an extra couple of inches.



Also the Cruz is a Compact, not a midsize,,,



Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:09 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:

JLAudioCavalier wrote:

Paddle "shifters" and a cvt?? Hahahaha wow OK......

Wait what?


It does. And I meant $21,000. It has a "sport mode" on it.

■GTS-tuned suspension with front strut tower bar
■2.4-liter, 168-horsepower MIVEC engine (LEV: 161 horsepower)‡
■5-speed manual or Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
■Sportronic® shifting with magnesium steering wheel paddle shifters (CVT only)



Re: Best BRAND NEW car for less than 22,000???
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:46 PM
Rosario wrote:

-Z Yaaaa- wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:


Yhea, that happens to all back seats when you put the front seat all the way back until it can't go no more. Cars either you have the room upfront for a Shaq size person and under 6 yrs old in the back, or you have the room for a 6'4'' up front and up to 5'11'' in the rear.
Put the seat like for a normal person up front in that Cruze, say... for a 6 footer, and the rear has plenty is roomy for a 5'10'' person.


yeah and i get that (like i said a few post above).

HOWEVER, i posted the pic of the daewoo aveo to show the difference. the aveo is a compact car whereas the cruze a "midsize" and even with both seats all the way back the aveo has more room. in my book that sucks cawk.


How far the seats go back determines nothing...

For example, the cruz was designed to fit large occupants and can handle a 6'6 driver. How you ask? The Seats go back an extra couple of inches.



Also the Cruz is a Compact, not a midsize,,,


lol it sells as a family accessible vehicle. so the back seat is useless to most people, i guess oh well since it can fit the un-average 7 foot person up front, eh?

and according to hertz where i work the cruze is a midsize. its priced and sells as a mid size at any car rental car place you go. at least from what ive seen anyway...



Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search