my new DD. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my new DD.
Monday, November 28, 2011 8:33 PM
03 Saturn Vue.

already got some plans for this guy too. some 20's for summer and a bull guard and projectors up front.

I need a new sig.

Re: my new DD.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:32 AM
20s huh?

sounds like you'll be spending more than you did on the car itself

great plan

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:34 AM
20's??

Watch out for the transmission in those, other than that its a pretty solid vehicle.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:48 AM
Please don't put 20's on this vehicle. Please?

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:52 AM
Hope you have a new trans lined up for it.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:03 PM
good call, show those biker boy's across the street whats up.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, December 01, 2011 1:36 PM
Bull guard on that minivan? I would fix the rear doors first, they don't appear to slide like they should.

O noes!
Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:01 PM
Finally got that thing eh. I remember it being up here when Damon bought Jeffehs car lol

Solid DD, but no 20's lol

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:41 PM
Big ass push bar/bull guard whatever you want to call it on a vehicle you will not be offroading with, 20's on a vehicle not show worthy in the least bit..... Seriously, just keep it stock and DD it like the tranny killing minivan it is.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, December 02, 2011 4:37 AM
Did you get the 4cylinder or V6? The transmission issues are worst on the 4cylinder models with cvt. If you had gotten an 04 with v6, you would be set. Honda engine and transmission starting that year. I don't see anything wrong with throwing some 20's on a DD if you don't spend much on them. You can find used sets pretty cheap sometimes.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Friday, December 02, 2011 11:55 AM
Not bad, I have 20s on my nitro that I DD and it doesn't look bad. Also want to get a bull bar on the front of mine with some fogs. My ex's dad had a vue and had the V6 in it, nice little DD.

Friday, December 02, 2011 8:00 PM
Rob wrote:Did you get the 4cylinder or V6? The transmission issues are worst on the 4cylinder models with cvt. If you had gotten an 04 with v6, you would be set. Honda engine and transmission starting that year. I don't see anything wrong with throwing some 20's on a DD if you don't spend much on them. You can find used sets pretty cheap sometimes.

that's close to the look I'm going for too. only a little less chrome.

unfortunately, it's the Eco + CVT. but it's going strong. I'm not guying brand new for the rims, just looking for something cheap, if I find 18's, I'll be happy still. just can't stand the stock 16's that are on it.

I need a new sig.
Friday, December 02, 2011 8:33 PM
I like em.....but those early years have WAY too many issues....the CVTs were just the start......Pretty much all the Vues (ex 08-09) spend their time in front of shops here...

I hope that yours will work well for a ya though.

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Saturday, December 03, 2011 8:06 AM
all I NEED to do apparently is change my sway bar links. woop-dee-doo. I'm going to scrap yard today to check on a new exhaust manifold for it, and to attempt to find a mirror glass for the driver side. get the inspection done, then go from there.

I need a new sig.
Sunday, December 04, 2011 8:51 AM
That car is a danger to society as is with that trans. Huge homie g funk rims will only make it worse. Do not go that route for the love of god.

Monday, December 05, 2011 5:09 PM
I love all this hate. makes me happier to have this thing, lol.

I need a new sig.
Monday, December 05, 2011 5:11 PM
Mike (Needs Boost) wrote:That car is a danger to society as is with that trans. Huge homie g funk rims will only make it worse. Do not go that route for the love of god.

you have 2 Z24's, and a Jimmy, and you have the nerve to call my car a danger to society? interesting logic you have there.

I need a new sig.
Monday, December 05, 2011 8:04 PM
looks good. My friend she was trying to pick up the red line but could not find one in her price range. oh and dont worry i owned 3 blazers each one of them was a pos and the last one @!#$ a tranny out. ill never own another ever again and my sister has a Z24 that cant keep a engine running in it longer then 4k 2 cars i wrote off my list are anything shared with the blazers and anything packing the 2.4l i will never own again. hope the vue treats you good the eco in that vue would beat the blazer that thing was a dog.
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:49 AM
Not a whole lot of hate. Just us warning you about the Trans on those and the fact that 20's will only help to kill it faster, as well as not look very good. Don't post if you cant take criticism.

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 5:03 PM
more like I think it's funny, thanks for coming out.

I need a new sig.
Sunday, July 01, 2012 8:39 AM
update on this thing. mainly done maintenance work on it so far, but I have gone off-roading a couple times with it so far, and it worked great. it made it through a nice mud puddle that a couple of my friends in their trucks got stuck in. as an added bonus, I only bottomed out once as well. unfortunately, I didn't get any pics while I was out, but next time I go I'll make sure to get as many as I can.

I need a new sig.

Sunday, July 01, 2012 9:15 AM
Working for a transmission company, ill tell you now that I'm tuned into this thread. Not that you'd come back for any "I told you so's " when the trans does fail (and it will). The vehicle is flat out too heavy for the ct25 and anything more than easy throttle grocery and work duty is asking for trouble. Yeah, take it off roading! Ill be waiting to see your replacement trans come rolling across my dyno

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, July 01, 2012 10:40 AM
My girl had a 02 v6 awd Vue. Hated that pos. Trading it in 2 weeks ago was the best feeling ever.

Sunday, July 01, 2012 10:51 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Working for a transmission company, ill tell you now that I'm tuned into this thread. Not that you'd come back for any "I told you so's " when the trans does fail (and it will). The vehicle is flat out too heavy for the ct25 and anything more than easy throttle grocery and work duty is asking for trouble. Yeah, take it off roading! Ill be waiting to see your replacement trans come rolling across my dyno

the thing already has over 300,000Km on it, so if the trans does go, it won't be much of a loss, so I'm not worried one bit about it.

I need a new sig.
Sunday, July 01, 2012 4:13 PM
Going back to my original comment. I'll give them this. It did kick ass in the snow.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search