guy blows up his FJ... literally - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
guy blows up his FJ... literally
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 4:24 PM
holy hell.. this guy is super lucky to be alive.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/general-discussion/139018-i-blew-up-my-fj-literally.html

smk sho wrote:So my time almost came to an end this morning... im very lucky to be alive.

First of all, GO HUG YOUR WIFE/HUBBY and tell them you love them.

i had an acetylene bottle in my truck, the valve was bumped so slightly and over night the truck filled with the gas. i noticed the smell, and opened the doors to air out the truck. i drove the truck out of the garage to get some more air movement. i went to roll the pass side window down and as soon as i touched the power windows. BAM. with me in the truck. i lost all hearing out of my right ear and got a scratch on the back of my head. all things considering, im alive.

so now ive got the question out to toyota about a 2012 TT. 125 to canada only, 15 in standard. i want a standard...

pictures tell 1000 words.

dont take any minutes or seconds you have for granted... it may be your last...

peace everyone,
evan...

Re: guy blows up his FJ... literally
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 4:33 PM
holy hell !!! he is very VERY lucky to be alive

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 4:34 PM
Hell yeah he's lucky. I read all the news articles at the welding shop when refill my tanks and see this stuff all the time. Idk why he drove it out of the garage if he could smell the gas......stupid.

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 4:42 PM
Hmm... smells like gas... let me start my car and use some electronics while I wait for it to air out....

Who wants to bet he didn't have the safety cover on the tank?

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 4:44 PM
Jesus... this gave me the chills....

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 4:50 PM
WOW.

Good news is he is fine, and better news one less of those damn things on the road.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 12:17 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and say this one qualifies for a Darwin Award Honorable Mention,,,, Hmm, I left a gas cylinder in my car overnight, I get into the car, CLOSE THE DOOR, start the car, then proceed to drive it filled with gas vapor... IN WHAT UNIVERSE IS THAT A GOOD IDEA??? My first step would have been to open all the doors, open up the garage, and walk away for a good hour.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 4:38 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:WOW.

Good news is he is fine, and better news one less of those damn things on the road.

this

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 5:41 AM
Another reason its actually illegal to transport cylinders in personal vehicles in IL. Even includes the propane cylinders for grills. People still do it but it is not legal in IL.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 5:56 AM
JerseyJayL61T wrote:My first step would have been to open all the doors, open up the garage, and walk away for a good hour.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 6:23 AM
It was not his day.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 11:49 AM
is it irony that the license plate says tonka toy?

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 12:41 PM
im lost... no fire or what? i see no flame or smoke damage...

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 12:54 PM
Good lord. The body panels went flying.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 12:58 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:im lost... no fire or what? i see no flame or smoke damage...

nope just goes boom. google acetylene or you tube it. it will give you a new respect.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 3:57 PM
ok i will but before that, one more ignorant question LMAO

if it goes boom wouldnt there be a resulting fire ball thus causing fire damage? surely SOMETHING would have stayed on fire after that....

ok ill go watch now.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 7:16 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Another reason its actually illegal to transport cylinders in personal vehicles in IL. Even includes the propane cylinders for grills. People still do it but it is not legal in IL.

I figured this was due to how the majority there drives, and the state's hatred for things that go boom.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 7:29 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:ok i will but before that, one more ignorant question LMAO

if it goes boom wouldnt there be a resulting fire ball thus causing fire damage? surely SOMETHING would have stayed on fire after that....

ok ill go watch now.

It's so fast very little heat is transferred to anything else. And explosions blow out flames.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 9:27 PM

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 11:56 PM
^^ WOW.

and to think, I use oxy/acetylne torches all the time... its good to know that if one of them blows up, I'll at least die quickly.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 8:39 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:^^ WOW.

and to think, I use oxy/acetylne torches all the time... its good to know that if one of them blows up, I'll at least die quickly.

lol yeah that gas is acctuall very very dangerous. my welding professor/ former pipe line welder told us about a lot of stories of what have happened with people being uneducated or careless with it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search