2000 saab 9-3 crank questions - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2000 saab 9-3 crank questions
Monday, December 12, 2011 5:37 PM
k so i have a 2000 saab 9-3 and some idots put a motor in my car and the eight vin is an H so i found out that its a low pressure engine but the motor they put in is well idk it pushes the 14. whatever it is so my question is i trashed my crank some how i put new rob bearings in it and one new piston number one piston cuz i old one cracked on the edge like alomost everyone does so then like a month later motor got all !@#$ up and pulled it down and found that the number four rob bearing had spun and trashed the crank so what cranks are the same in the H engine family that i could use

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 12, 2011 8:02 PM

Re: 2000 saab 9-3 crank questions
Monday, December 12, 2011 8:34 PM
I'll try to break down the extremely long run on sentence...

1.) He has a car: a 2000 Saab 9-3.
2.) Someone put some weird motor in it, denoted by an H and the fact that it pushes stuff.
a.) What it pushes is open to interpretation: 14 seconds in the quarter mile, 14lbs of boost, 14 fat chicks on a flat bed trailer?
b.) The specific model motor is not known, at least to us.
3.) Motor goes boom.
4.) He somehow fixes the motor; he's not sure how, neither am I. This part is vague.
5.) Said fixes obviously weren't adequate, as one month later the motor goes boom again.
6.) He needs to know what crank to use for his H motor, which isn't the right motor for his Saab to begin with.
7.) Don't smoke crack.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Re: 2000 saab 9-3 crank questions
Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:30 PM
ha ha k i got a little excited for a second. to start things over i have a 2000 saab 9-3 2.0T the eighth letter of the vin is an H witch indicates that the motor that was originally in the car was a low pressure boost engine so it was the B205L motor. now i pretty sure that the motor that the other people put in it is the same motor. it has the trionic 7 computer in it. so here is my question, what other or, is there any other cranks that will fit in the b205l block? or will i have to find a b205l crank? reason is because i live in southern utah there aren't very many 2000 9-3 saabs in the junk yards. another reason i need another one is i did something wrong, not sure what but, when i put the new rod bearings in i spun the number four rob bearing and the crank is pretty trashed. the machine shop said that they can fix the crank and the rods but they are going to have to take it down at least .5mm. i'm having a hard time trying to find over sized STD bearings to .5mm all that i have found so far is .25 so there it is maybe you can come up with something now.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search