Just bought a new subtle wing for my 2010 SentraType S - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just bought a new subtle wing for my 2010 SentraType S
Saturday, December 17, 2011 4:51 PM
Check it out

Re: Just bought a new subtle wing for my 2010 SentraType S
Saturday, December 17, 2011 4:53 PM
Ill take some pics when the UPS man delivers it. It will flow well with the Stillen lip kit I will be purchasing soon. Cant wait till spring I tell ya!

Saturday, December 17, 2011 7:05 PM
looks like a celica wing

Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:01 PM
That's exactly what I thought when I saw it! Either way its a good base for me to do some fiberglass work with. We'll see how it looks when I test fit it on the car. If I dig it with what I have planned in mind for this spring then Ill just leave it, but I wont know until it gets here.. I hate waiting for things to arrive, im so impatient lol..

here is a pic I found to compare it to bro

Looks almost identical! Good eye man!

Sunday, December 18, 2011 10:41 AM
is the type s a dealer thing. i work at a nissan dealer and we dont have any type s just se-r and se-r spec v ?
Sunday, December 18, 2011 11:03 AM
There is an S. It's not technically called a "type-s". but there is a Sentra S. It's just an option package that comes on the 2.0 base model.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, December 18, 2011 11:16 AM
makes sense we do see a few 2.0s come in but most of them are them 1.8l model. things are gutless as hell
Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:46 PM
Yeah Dustin's right.. Its the I got the option package with ours. Rides great even with the rims and SE-R Spec V suspension in the spring/summer months! Great on Gas and very comfortable interior. Plan on doing somemore minor mods (HID for headlights and fogs, new headlights and a few other things) and then just enjoying it

Sunday, December 18, 2011 3:08 PM
looks real good i have a 09 sentra Fe+ is what model its supposed to be, thats in canada though not sure if makes a sifference, do you have a sentra forum you usually go onto for that as well or any specific sites that maintain a good selection of aftermarket stuff for those cars, also where did you get the grill looks awesome.
Sunday, December 18, 2011 5:43 PM
I'll wait to judge it. I think the car is to square for a round spoiler. But, I'll wait to see better pics..

Sunday, December 18, 2011 6:56 PM
Chris check out allsentra.com. Its a good site! I still frequent the jbody.org because this is where it all started for me lol.. Check around allsentra.com for the grill since there are a few vendors on their, also Ive seen some mesh style grills on ebay so give that a whirl aswell. Thanks for the kind words though brother! I have some pics up there of some of the projects I have going on aswell with the car

Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:51 AM
I like the look of the new Sentra. Looked into the SE-R, but the dealer here made me decide on something else.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:52 PM
Screw the dealer! Get what you like Tony! They'll usually talk you into whatever they can make the most commission with. Your gonna drive and have to make the tedious monthly payments. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Sunday, December 25, 2011 12:43 PM
Here is the wing SITTING on the trunk in primer. I already wetsanded it down once with 1500 grit and then primered it with Dupont self etching primer to find a minor flaws.. Mounting holes are already drilled so now I just gotta go spray it at the shop and mount it..

Sunday, December 25, 2011 2:14 PM
the type S badge looks dealer slapped. definitely a celica style spoiler,. its works though

Monday, December 26, 2011 12:21 AM
I think it'll look good when its done.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, December 26, 2011 7:15 AM
Thanks guys!

Monday, December 26, 2011 9:01 AM
Yeah....not a factory badge, dude

But anyway, I think the wing is a tad too rounded for the nice sharp edged body lines that car has, but not bad.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, December 26, 2011 7:24 PM
You need to trim the front edge to even up the gap. Also so your not fing up your paint when you shut the trunk or it vibrants from the rough road.

Monday, December 26, 2011 11:35 PM
Good eye man! I just trimmed the edges so they flow with bodylines more and evened the gap. Now I just gotta fiberglass the edges and the rest of the routine

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:23 AM
Actually Im not going to fiberglass it, Im gonna use 3m 3 part epoxy (problem plastic) which is way over priced at $45.00 at Don Kennet.. Wing is made out of ABS plastic so this will be my best bet.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 12:37 PM
cool. definitely will look like factory when you done.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:08 PM
Here's an update on the wing. Jr. let me know what you think. I just started on the sanding, but its a start on the reshaping process.. I love SEM Problem plastic. This was my first time using it and I give it 2 thumbs up!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:10 PM
Here's an update on the wing. I just started on the sanding, but its a start on the reshaping process.. I love SEM Problem plastic. This was my first time using it and I give it 2 thumbs up!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:12 PM
Started in the garage, finished in the dining room? lol

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search