Just bought a new subtle wing for my 2010 SentraType S - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Just bought a new subtle wing for my 2010 SentraType S
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:10 PM
looking good so far. take a straight edge and check the edge it looks like there is an arch. hate to see all that work done and notice after you bolt it on. any on car pics after changes? also you might want to make a pattern or some measurements so the otherside is the same. but overall is very nice.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:21 PM
Ill take some on car pics tomorrow. Yeah man its far from completion! I have been hitting it with the straight edge, there is just a lot to work out lol.. I will make a pattern tomorrow after I add another beed of SEM problem plastic and get the final shape. Lot more work on this to go, but I l love doing custom stuff and learning at the same time.. I love to fiberglass, so learning about the particular process was all win for me! Thanks for all your constuctive input Jr.! Ill keep you posted throughout the project!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:29 PM
do you have a board hand sander? that will make world of differences on sanding straight. a block sander will help on small dents and what not. but not on wavy areas. know this from doing body work on my own vehicles. if you need a pic of one i can find one. usually the parts store have them for $10. glad to hear i can help and keep up the good work.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:01 AM
Ill go buy one now. For $10 its a good investment! Thanks again bro!

Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:37 AM
Here is a pic of the new Stillen front lip that I ordered. Gotta finish the wing before this gets here lol..

Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:36 AM
Here is the edges of both sides of wing after being board sanded and filled in SEM flexible filler for plastic. Now just have to let it set and then its time for more sanding! Thanks again Jr.! Let me know what you think thus far. Also as soon as my wife gets back Ill post some pics of it on the trunk lid

Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:52 AM
Looks worlds of difference better. Imo. Guessing you like the results from the sander also?

Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:27 PM
Oh yeah man it worked great! I couldnt be happier! Now I just gotta board sand the edges to clean them up with 320 grit and spray some self etching primer!

Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:18 PM
Edges are all sanded and I added some filler so a couple of small inperfections on the top of the wing from all the different angles and whatnot I have it in to work on it.. Tomorrow will be primer day and then the examination before the urethane primer. Like you said Jr. I work everywhere on this project, the shop, the kitchen, the dining room.. Im lucky that my wife doesnt kill me. She likes to see me happy and im usually in my own work when working on a project lmao! After the primer is done I snap some pics of the wing on the lid.. It was windy today so I didnt wanna risk sitting it their, but I can tell what we've done made a world of a difference!

Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:58 PM
Good to hear. Can't wait to see the pics. My wife would kill me or Atleast throws a fit if a car part makes it in the house.

Friday, December 30, 2011 6:13 AM
Here are some shots from this morning.. Just got sand down some last minute touch up areas and then go pick up some urethane primer

Friday, December 30, 2011 6:20 AM
lines up nicely. good job on it.

Friday, December 30, 2011 6:44 AM
That does look good!!
Friday, December 30, 2011 7:36 AM
Thanks alot guys! Just finished feeding the lil guy so I might have a few to go sand. Wife is sick as hell so today is multitasking mania lol

Monday, January 02, 2012 7:25 PM
Well here she is after the urethane primer. Now I just gotta wetsand her down with some 1500 grit and then its back to the spray booth

Monday, January 02, 2012 8:13 PM
very nice work.

Monday, January 02, 2012 8:33 PM
Thanks about bro! We did a good job . I cant wait to spray this thing.. Very soon!

Monday, January 02, 2012 8:33 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:very nice work.

indeed.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 3:16 PM
Need pics of that painted mounted and that sick lip NOW!

That looks good, I'm laughing at how much it looks like a baby Caddy CTS from the front.

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Tuesday, January 03, 2012 4:01 PM
Evol...??? wrote:That looks good, I'm laughing at how much it looks like a baby Caddy CTS from the front.

I know the front does look like a baby CTS or something lol.. Gonna resemble a caddy even more with the chrome grill I have lmao! I cant wait to recieve the lip in the mail.. Should be here next week.. I plan on spraying the wing tomorrow or Thursday depending when I have time... Ill post plenty of pics! Spraying is my favorite part!

Thursday, January 05, 2012 11:40 AM
Here are some pics from today, first couple of pics are of the base coat and then some pics with the first coat of clear

Thursday, January 05, 2012 12:55 PM
Man, that wing looks awesome. Also, I wish I had your painting skills. Body shops are out here getting rich off me

Thursday, January 05, 2012 1:02 PM
Ugh I know what you mean! Thats why I always try to give the customer the lowest possible price I can.. I love what I do and love working for myself and having my own business! Thank you for the kind words!

Thursday, January 05, 2012 4:06 PM
I "lol'd" at the Toyota box in the one picture, mixed with the fact that the wing does resemble the celica wing. Good work on making it flow, looks great so far.

Thursday, January 05, 2012 4:13 PM
I didnt even notice that box until you just pointed it out lol! Yeah that is a part box from a customers car.. Thanks for the kind words! I look forward to installing it tomorrow. Ill shoot plenty of pics, I just wish the car wasnt in "winter mode" with stock suspension and factory wheels on.. Ohwell only 3 months left till winter is over... Hopefully lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search