2013 SRT Viper - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2013 SRT Viper
Saturday, December 17, 2011 11:48 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:I think Vipers are ugly. Yeah if I see one I will look at it, but they are ugly, and I have laways hated the fact they were V10's.

mitdr774 wrote:^^ why? It would just be another redabged Holden.

Whats wrong with that? The Holdens are hot cars!!

lol sounds like you just hate them in general to me... plenty of different designs to get into. ur telling us you dont like ANY of them? come on....

and whats wrong with it? well its the ecotec syndrome... outsourced gm thats why. ecotec might be a good engine and holden might be a good car but doesnt negate the fact that its not 100% true GM so badging as such is fake, basically.

and i lol @ "the great return of the snake" its been gone like 2 years, big woop.

I do hate them. I think they are ugly. yes all of them.

What now days is not out sourced. Everything on the road is made off of something else.

FU Tuning

Saturday, December 17, 2011 12:23 PM
lol i find it hard to believe you hate them all. sounds like you just claimed that so you could be proven correct.

and if thats true that everything is outsourced and it very well may be still doesnt mean its a good thing.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, December 17, 2011 3:33 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:lol i find it hard to believe you hate them all. sounds like you just claimed that so you could be proven correct.

and if thats true that everything is outsourced and it very well may be still doesnt mean its a good thing.

Do not get me wrong just because I hate a car, or dislike it does not mean I have not seen one I liked.

I have seen a bettle that looked cool, but I still would not own one.

I can respect builds people do, but we are not talking about that in this thread.

FU Tuning

Saturday, December 17, 2011 4:03 PM
exactly how many in here have actually driven one?? my dad owns a 94 RT 10 and a 97 GTS and i have to say they are the best handling and power car i have ever driven i LOVE the viper
Saturday, December 17, 2011 4:54 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:lol i find it hard to believe you hate them all. sounds like you just claimed that so you could be proven correct.

Do not get me wrong just because I hate a car, or dislike it does not mean I have not seen one I liked.

I can respect builds people do, but we are not talking about that in this thread.

oh i didnt get you wrong. u said u hated them all to "prove a point" i get it.

beetle*

as do i do, builds are awesome. just like stock Chrysler viper builds, amazing. ive never driven one and im a snake swinger!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, December 17, 2011 4:55 PM

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, December 17, 2011 7:12 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:

oh i didnt get you wrong. u said u hated them all to "prove a point" i get it.

beetle*

as do i do, builds are awesome. just like stock Chrysler viper builds, amazing. ive never driven one and im a snake swinger!

I do not consider a stock car from the dealer a build. That is a buy.

FU Tuning

Saturday, December 17, 2011 7:55 PM
My 2 cents here. i think the stigma that the viper is a poor handling car and is not all that good is from reviews like this on top gear by Mr. Clarkson as seen in the video clip. (if it works). To describe the suspension he says things like there is no finesse to the suspension, and uses the word violent alot to describe his experience, the whole thing is basically him sliding around or spinning. Now he has driven many cars and is well respected in his profession of actually reviewing cars so if he says it handles bad people will tend to believe him. If its said by multiple car reviews, which it is, then without driving one yes all indications hint at the viper being a bad handling car for the average person who is going to buy one and drive it. To those that have driven one who arent professional reviewers I am sure that after going around the block, of course a $90,000 car with huge tires is going to seem like it handles amazing compared to whatever else you have driven. (to those that have driven one i do not know to what extent you have driven it or what else you drive so dont take offence i am just pointing out both sides of the argument here.) But, as Roofy said the 2010 acr is the 4th fastest car on around the ring so it also goes to show that with someone who knows what they are doing behind the wheel the car is quite good and Clarkson in the clip says there is plenty of grip and plenty of power.
So to those saying the car is crap, your opinion thats fine, but there is proof to prove otherwise. Those saying the car is amazing well there are a many professionals out there saying otherwise. So like any argument you can go on forever voicing your opinions. But to those that are knocking people for judging without driving it i think is b.s. Forming an opinion about a car based on what many professionals and experts have stated is a perfectly reasonable thing to do if you will never have the experience first hand, because 90% of people will never have the opportunity to drive one myself included.

I personally like it, like the looks, i like the engine, but i do believe there are better handling cars out there for the average person who is not a professional driver. anyways on with the clip

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:12 AM
LOL @ Cavalier owners criticizing a $90K supercar....

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:47 AM
Nice post EDDy,

I like the styling and overall performance of the latest SRT10 ACR, and thats where it stops. I've never been a Chrysler/Dodge fan, and think a LOT of the stuff they put out is garbage. Part of this is biased towards me being a GM guy for so long but I could never get behind a car that was so damn expensive that couldn't out perform the Corvette. Up until reciently with the newest ZR1 it was somewhere around the cost of what 85k to own a v10 viper? And 65k to own a Z06? Id take the Z06... Just my OPINION though.

JerseyJay, you put this article on ANY car board and you'll get the same reponses. Everyone has an opinion of on everything, just because a vast majority in this thread still drive J's doesn't mean that all should bow down to a supercar.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:05 AM
Is the Viper really considered a SuperCar?

i never thought so.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:13 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:Is the Viper really considered a SuperCar?

i never thought so.

It's a sports car on steroids. The Ultimate Aero, Saleen S7 and possibly the few Vectors are about the closest America has seen to a SuperCar.

I have no signiture

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:14 PM
^^ What is the Mosler MT900?

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:40 AM
JerseyJayL61T wrote:LOL @ Cavalier owners criticizing a $90K supercar....

My thoughts exactly.

You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Your signature is way over the 80k file size limit, please remove it.
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:06 AM
I guess i drive a supercar too then, yeah me.

2007 Corvette Z51 | Suzuki Swift GTi SCCA racer | 2008 Edge
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search