Got some wheels for the BMW. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 8:39 AM
I finally got some wheels for my E60. They came off my buddies car I shared pictures of a long time ago.



Maya STM's 3 piece.

20x9 Front
20X10.5 rear

The need a little bit of refinishing so I'm going to do a total refurb on them. I'm going to take the faces off, strip them with some aircraft stripper, repolish, and repaint them. I'm not sure which color yet. I'm thinking about a matte color possibly. Here are some pics of one of the rears. They have a huuuge lip on them.










Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:16 AM
THATS THE SHYT I'M TALKIN BOUT!!!! those will set you off bigtime, can't wait to see them on your car.



Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:29 AM
ohhh the way hoodrats talk....


Anyway, those look awesome, and I'd be tempted to go back gold if I was refinishing wheels like that. The gold looks great.


(tabs) wrote:

z yaaaa wrote:

its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:53 AM
Thanks

One of the tires are blown on top of needing to refurb. I'll probably be looking at about a month before they are on my car.



Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:54 AM
I like the gold too, but I want to make them my own and switch up the style.



Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 10:44 AM
Well don't be different for the sake of being different, you've done everything on your car very tastefully so far. I'd hate to see you do a color that doesn't flow. Or even worse, what all the euro tuners got the Honda guys into with that nasty bright fluorescent colored fad....


(tabs) wrote:

z yaaaa wrote:

its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 10:56 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

Well don't be different for the sake of being different, you've done everything on your car very tastefully so far. I'd hate to see you do a color that doesn't flow. Or even worse, what all the euro tuners got the Honda guys into with that nasty bright fluorescent colored fad....


I was thinking Flamingo pink

Just kidding... maybe a matte smoke grey or possibly do a color match.



Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 11:05 AM
Color match... so silver lol. That's neutral enough and in that style of wheel would look awesome with the polished lip. I'm over the gunmetal/black fad, but I don't think I'll ever be over the gold.... it's just such a beautiful color on that style of wheel.


(tabs) wrote:

z yaaaa wrote:

its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 11:32 AM




Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 1:31 PM
Im jealous..I would love those for the is250. With a lip like that must be fairly low offset. Mind I ask how much you got them for?



Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 2:49 PM
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:

Im jealous..I would love those for the is250. With a lip like that must be fairly low offset. Mind I ask how much you got them for?
Yes. The offset is low. +14 I believe. The sticker showing the offset is barely legible lol.

These wheels costed around 4 grand new by what I was told. I paid under $700




Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 3:06 PM
Nice choice on wheels man! Glad you got the hookup! I personally love them the color that they are. Maybe added a different finish gold such as metallic or matte, but that color definetly looks great on the wheel and great with your ride! Post plenty of progress pics!



Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 3:18 PM
Thanks man. I will. I'm starting on Tuesday.



Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 4:11 PM
Yea not a bad price at all. Now im really jealous



Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:46 PM
Those definitely have a fat lip. They need a band aid. I say do the rims in dark silver metallic.



Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 11:44 PM
Wait what?! You got stm? Same wheels I have on my cavalier lol. The Japanese name is actually RiverSide TrafficStar stm. Lol . I think I have the only ones in the states in 5x100.



Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Monday, January 02, 2012 3:37 AM
azncav wrote:

Wait what?! You got stm? Same wheels I have on my cavalier lol. The Japanese name is actually RiverSide TrafficStar stm. Lol . I think I have the only ones in the states in 5x100.
Wow I didnt know you have the same wheels, funny lol. I seen a for sale ad on a Scion TC forum yesterday with a set for sale in 5x100. The thread is 2 years old though lol. Very nice wheels. I love these. Also, the center caps will probably be replaced with BMW caps but
Traffic star caps would be cool too of I can find them new.



Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Monday, January 02, 2012 3:42 AM
Holy @!#$.. the back of the wheels have Traffic Star stamped in them LOLOLOL



Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Monday, January 02, 2012 3:55 AM
yup... rep it hard! rare wheels bro lol. IMO trafficstar is way better to rep then maya lol. and it comes in a gold font like mine. was that guy selling titanium silver ones? if not then i still have the only set in this color lol

example






Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 02, 2012 3:58 AM


Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Monday, January 02, 2012 4:23 AM
azncav wrote:

yup... rep it hard! rare wheels bro lol. IMO trafficstar is way better to rep then maya lol. and it comes in a gold font like mine. was that guy selling titanium silver ones? if not then i still have the only set in this color lol

example



I cant locate any center caps online The Riverside caps look way better than the Maya caps

They look very similar

For sale ad:
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193986



Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Monday, January 02, 2012 5:48 AM
Fuk they look good!!!!!

Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Monday, January 02, 2012 7:28 AM
I'd say go with this color here, gunmetal or black, with all the tint and black accents around your car, shyt would look sick and azncav I like mesh wheels but find them hard to clean the back of the rim but I would get a set just because of this picture, they look mint on your car so now I definatly wanna see Eternal' s setup

azncav wrote:

yup... rep it hard! rare wheels bro lol. IMO trafficstar is way better to rep then maya lol. and it comes in a gold font like mine. was that guy selling titanium silver ones? if not then i still have the only set in this color lol

example





Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Monday, January 02, 2012 7:56 AM
There is one site online I will have to find. EBay has them sometimes. But at like 45 a piece. Lol. I'll take a close up pic of how mine look.
Heres one..





Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 02, 2012 9:00 AM


Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Monday, January 02, 2012 8:56 AM
I think a matte charcoal finish will look really sharp against that silver! Sweet deal! I can't wait to find a deal for the Lexus like that...



Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Monday, January 02, 2012 9:03 AM
Cavalier Thompson wrote:

I'd say go with this color here, gunmetal or black, with all the tint and black accents around your car, shyt would look sick and azncav I like mesh wheels but find them hard to clean the back of the rim but I would get a set just because of this picture, they look mint on your car so now I definatly wanna see Eternal' s setup

im not sure about Eternals STMs but mine are more of a three tone color.. the polish lip, the gunmetalish color for the face, and a black inner barrel. so i don't even bother cleaning inside the wheel to often as it doesn't really show anyways



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search