Got some wheels for the BMW. - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Got some wheels for the BMW.
Monday, January 02, 2012 3:43 PM
less talking more putting the wheels ON THE CAR

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, January 02, 2012 4:44 PM
98z24ragtop wrote:I think a matte charcoal finish will look really sharp against that silver! Sweet deal! I can't wait to find a deal for the Lexus like that...

Ill sell you my work emotion xd9's lol

45 per center cap isn't bad for legit wheels. I lost one on my works and that's about what it cost to replace.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:39 AM
I started work on the wheels. Not much to see though because this part is going to take a few days per wheel to repair the lips.

This is my approach. Note that this will ONLY work for aluminum wheels that are not clear coated. If your wheels have clear, you must strip them first.

180 grit dry to take out the gashes
400 wet
600 wet
800 wet
1000 wet
1200 wet
1500 wet
2000 wet

Currently I'm still on the 180 grit and here are some before and after shots of current progress. It's working like a charm

This is the lip before I got started. Unacceptable to say the least.

After hitting the lip with 180 grit. Gashes are gone

I'll have more pics later.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:59 AM
Few hours later..... all curb marks removed. Now on to the 400 grit wet.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 12:52 PM
Wow man nice work! I did the same to a set of wheels before! Gonna look mint! I have to see though the your wheels look so much better with such a huge lip, Azncav's rims besides color appear so different with a smaller lip. If he didnt mention it I would have never thought they were the same wheel.. Cant wait to see these finished and on your ride! Eternal=do work

Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:01 PM
Damn these would look hot in gold on your Ride Azancav
Before

After

Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:10 PM
Without the front plate and a quick color touch up. Oh yeah and now Azancav is lower in the front lol! Hey I was bored earlier and photoshop helps me relax..

Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:13 PM
Wish I had a premium membership so I could edit my post. Sorry Eternal not trying to jack your thread, was actually trying to make it more fun incidentally

Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:22 PM
Only thing is, if I were to get them painted gold I would make the whole from face gold.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:24 PM
Of course bro! I just did the front rim in two seconds just to see how it would look after I layered in Eternal's rear rim from his BMW on your vert! DId you see how different the rear rim looked with the huge offset? That is my favorite part! That huge lip in the rear on a J! Are you hinting that you want me to finish photoshopping the front wheel? Ill def do it if you want and spend some time on it if you are interested! Yeah I guess its obvious that I majored in Graphic Design when I went to College lol.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 6:52 AM
LOL, good shops Adam.

I still have tons of progress to make and I'm slowly chugging along. I'm now on the second rear rim and this one has some curb marks as well. I'm hard at work getting them out. The first rim BY FAR was the worst one. I even wire brushed where the tire mates with the rim just to be sure this rim is refurbed to it's max.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:17 AM
The second rim is almost done. I using 6 sheets of 180 per rim. I have two sheets left and a few more superficial marks in the lip. These marks are barely noticable so if I don't get them 100% out, it'll be okay You will only be able to see them if you are inches away with your eyes. If someone is that close to my car, LOL

Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:33 AM
Nice man! Great dedication! I cant wait to after you finish all 4 rims with the 2000 grit and then polish them! Gonna look killa!

Monday, January 23, 2012 5:45 PM
Eternal wrote:I was thinking Flamingo pink

Just kidding... maybe a matte smoke grey or possibly do a color match.

My vote.
Those will look badass. Looking good so far. Love how well the curb rash is coming out. Keep up the great work!

Thursday, January 26, 2012 3:57 PM
Good job man, looks real nice. I can't wait to see them on the car.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 6:50 AM
Thanks man. I'm almost there!

Updates!!

I took time and wet sanded one of the rears. I used:
Steel wool wet
600 wet
1000 wet
1500 wet
2000 wet
Blue Magic Aluminal Polish

Here are the results.

Pic of the other 3 waiting for their bath in the guest bedroom.

Wet sanding one in one of my bathrooms like a boss. Cleanup is going to be horrible LOLOL

Done!

I know these pics suck since they are cell phone pics, but I'm charging up some batteries now for my digital cam to take more pics. My iPhone doesn't do the shine justice at all.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:52 AM
thats a win

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:00 AM
Thanks man

DIGI PICS!!

I'm now working on the other rear. I'm trying to finish these before tomorrow evening.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:35 AM
Holy crap they look good!!!

Cant wait to see a car behind them.
Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:44 AM
love the rims. keep them that color for sure!

Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:03 AM
Finished the other rear.... I'm tired as FUUUUUUUUUUUU

I think I'm gonna take a break now... been cracking at them since 8AM. Still have the two fronts to do..

Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:46 AM
The bathtub picture made me laugh out loud, I love it! Can't wait to see them all finished! Sticking with the gold, or did you pick a paint color?

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:59 PM
I say you put them on while they're still gold and snap pics before deciding if you want to repaint. I just love the gold.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, January 28, 2012 6:53 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I say you put them on while they're still gold and snap pics before deciding if you want to repaint. I just love the gold.

x

Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:27 PM
Dedication for sure! I hate polishing wheels.....did it twice, never again

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search