Chevrolet Code 130R and Tru 140S concept coupes - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Chevrolet Code 130R and Tru 140S concept coupes
Monday, January 09, 2012 9:41 AM
Here’s a Concept: Chevrolet Puts Next-Gen Buyers in Charge
Two concept coupes designed to inspire ideas and create discussion

DETROIT – Chevrolet today introduced two concept coupes at the 2012 North American International Auto Show aimed at inspiring next-generation buyers to take the wheel and suggest ideas for a car they can co-create.

“Chevrolet has always stood for making the aspirational attainable for all generations” said General Motors North America President Mark Reuss. “These two concepts interpret that vision for a new generation. We’re seeking out our newest customers’ opinions, listening to their advice, and engaging them in new ways.”

According to U.S. Census data, there are 80 million American consumers approaching 30. They represent 40 percent of today’s potential car-buying public and a combined $1 trillion in purchasing power.

Over the past year, Chevrolet has conversed with young consumers across the United States. Based on their feedback, the Chevrolet concepts explore the styling and functionality this group of new buyers says they are looking for in a car.

Code 130R, the first Chevrolet concept, is a four-seat coupe with a simple upright profile. Painted in an all-new red metallic paint with matte anodized gold wheels, Code 130R features heritage performance-inspired styling and rear-wheel drive. With an aggressive front fascia, Chevrolet fender flares, straight body side and Chevy crossflag emblem, Code 130R makes a link to Chevrolet’s performance heritage.

Code 130R’s designers conceived the turbocharged engine to be tuned to work in tandem with eAssist technology. By shutting off the engine at stops, recapturing braking energy, and smoothing torque during acceleration, this concept takes automotive electrification to the next level and balances turbocharged performance with fuel economy.

Tru 140S, the second Chevrolet concept is a front-wheel-drive, “affordable exotic” four-seat sporty coupe. The three-door hatchback was designed to be an attractive-yet-affordable sports car. Shown in an all-new matte white with Chevy performance chrome wheels featuring crossflag emblems, Tru 140S is designed to look confident, exotic, expensive and fast. Tru 140S is based off the same platform as the Chevrolet Cruze and the groundbreaking Chevrolet Volt electric vehicle with extended range.

Tru 140S designers want to demonstrate technologies typically found in more expensive cars, including direct injection and a starter-based stop-start technology, balancing internal combustion and electrification to deliver high value and improved fuel economy.

The concepts share attributes younger buyers say they value:

• Sedan-sized functionality in performance coupe form that seats four passengers
  • Interior connectivity and convenience featuring innovative storage, WiFi, smart phone integration with Chevrolet MyLink and heads-up display
  • 40 MPG with a 1.4L Turbo Ecotec engine with approximately 150 horsepower
  • Possible production price range in the low $20,000s

“Young customers tell us they want functionality with coupe-like aesthetics. Both the Code and Tru body styles resonated with this audience,” said Frank Saucedo, director of the GM North America Advanced Design studio in Los Angeles where the two concepts were developed.

Inside the concepts, connectivity and personalization enable the individualization that the generation says is essential.

“This buyer prizes connectivity. Allowing them to stay connected by integrating their personal devices through MyLink and WiFi enabling the vehicle to be their own docking station,” said Saucedo. “The interiors currently exist in 2D only. This allows us the flexibility to continue the discussion and encourage more dialogue as we continue to develop these concepts.”

From Detroit, the pair of Chevrolet concepts will travel to major auto shows, key lifestyle events, one-on-one experiences and other venues such as college campuses. Chevrolet also will engage customers using the social media tools that young consumers use to talk with one another.

“For the car company that can successfully engage this generation, there is a tremendous opportunity,” said John McFarland, senior manager for Chevrolet Global Marketing, who heads youth research for the brand. “At Chevrolet, we want to build authentic and meaningful relationships with these customers on their terms. We want to hear what they have to say, engage them in our design process, and give them what they want – not what we think they want.”

More: http://www.j-body.org/gallery/naias2012/

Code 130R:

Tru 140S:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 09, 2012 9:47 AM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: Chevrolet Code 130R and Tru 140S concept coupes
Monday, January 09, 2012 9:49 AM
For the 130R Im seeing RX-8.
For the 140 Im seeing CRZ and 4th gen Eclipse.

But not bad overall.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Monday, January 09, 2012 10:01 AM
Why not an LNF or something in the Code 130R?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, January 09, 2012 10:12 AM
130- hhr grille, camaro tails, rx8

140s- looks quite drivable...

Monday, January 09, 2012 10:42 AM
The 130R looks great from the side and back but that front needs to be burned in hell. They're corporate grille design doesn't look good on everything. THe 140s doesn't look bad at all just too much of a resembance to a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Monday, January 09, 2012 10:49 AM
i think the 130 looks like the bastard lovechild of a 1-series and a camaro with added bland

Monday, January 09, 2012 11:02 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:130- hhr grille, camaro tails, rx8

HHR grille? Try Malibu, Sonic, Cruze, Volt, LOL.

Monday, January 09, 2012 11:11 AM
The 140 looks good I think they need to not slant the windows up in the back and keep it going a straight line till they meet like the cavaliers rear window and that alone would make it look a world better.

Monday, January 09, 2012 12:07 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:130- hhr grille, camaro tails, rx8

HHR grille? Try Malibu, Sonic, Cruze, Volt, LOL.

mixture, top of bowtie, hhr, bottom cruze volt sonic, malibu.

Monday, January 09, 2012 2:24 PM
"starter-based stop-start technology"

Another automatic only car.

Monday, January 09, 2012 2:40 PM
The 140 looks like it should be rwd as well.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Monday, January 09, 2012 2:46 PM
Monday, January 09, 2012 6:12 PM
A GM rep that works with us passed on to me that a minor bump of 150HP was to be coming on the Cruze soon as well.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, January 09, 2012 7:49 PM
Code 130R looks like a Cruze that had buttsecks with a RX8, RWD and 150hp...........im missing the point of that

Tru 140S, well thats more like it finally a futuristic modern Coupe thats an actual replacement for the Cobalt, sort of. Lets hope they decide to give it more HP, 150Hp was great in 1995. Its substandard these days you can get 40mpg having more power than that. For crying out loud the LNF can do it with the proper transmission.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, January 09, 2012 9:21 PM
I like both with a lnf they would be right on the heels of the bmw 1series coupe

see ya!

Monday, January 09, 2012 9:40 PM
I like em both!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 1:37 AM
130 needs lnf power loose the gizmo's and just be offered as a stripped down perfomance car, that doesn't cost more....and the top of the line model with all the bells. And change the grill out please.

140....meh garbage

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:56 AM
I kind of like both of them. The 130 being RWD opens up a ton of fun potential. I like the Camaro-like rear end and tails.

The 140 looks like it should be mid-engine.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:06 AM
Look at the BRZ. Now make it cheaper, faster, and less b.s.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:41 AM
Put in the LHU, or a LSx and call it a day.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:54 AM
I am actually liking the Code 130R, but thats just me lol.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 1:07 PM
The 140 S would be a great mid engine 20something Fiero remake.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:47 PM
Ugh, excuse while I go puke.
If this is the direction GM is taking, Im happy to be gone from that company.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:55 PM
silver looks cool in the first pic, like a baby lambo or something.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:55 PM
They should put the lnf in the 140s (eclipse) mid engine and just drop the ugly ass 130r. 150hp is just a joke, unless they get the weight super low (not likely, GM here), so wheel hp would be like 115ish I'm guessing? Come on get real, they never ask me what I want or nobody I know. Where are the people that they questioned?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search