Cavs replacement - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavs replacement
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:55 PM
Picked this up yesterday. 6500 for a 2004 monte SS with 66,000 miles. Nothing has been done besides removes all badges except front and removed all 4 mud flaps. Not really going to be doing much to the car besides exhaust, intake, and some wheels. Nothing for now though. Body is in GREAT shape and paint is nearly flawless. Its the N/A 3800 series II. Cloth interior thats also in great shape. Pics were taken in a rush due to rain. Well thats enough talking, here she is

Re: Cavs replacement
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:04 PM
Nice! Especially for $6,500.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:54 PM
Yea, I got extremely lucky. Ive been looking for months and I could never find anything under 7k with under 100,000 miles

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:47 PM
always had a soft spot for these. If you ever have a chance to experience the newer SS with the 5.3 v8.I drove one today and with the traction control off it is such a fun car .
Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:16 PM
Little update. Since I got it ive added the SS fron plate, 3800 performance shift kit, And exhaust. For the exhaust, Ive cut off the resonator and replaced it with a 30in long magnaflow glasspack and from the resonator back is 2.5in piping leading into 2 flowmaster 40s with magnaflow rolled edge slanted tips. Dont have pics of the exhaust but ill try and get them soon. Comments welcome!

Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:00 PM
Nice man! Im glad your happy with it, because that is all the truley matters! Get some pics up of the exhaust in full and not just exhaust tip shots either ! Wanna see the goods lol

Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:28 PM
I thought the SS was supercharged.... I guess not?

Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:34 PM
Here's a clip of the exhaust. Its filmed on my droid. It sounds A LOT louder in person. You can see the new piping under the car. From when my dad was behind me on my way home from the exhaust shop, he said it was easy to tell that its a cross over pipe and that its a fake dual exhaust. Since then I paintes the piping matte black with header paint so now it looks like a true dual setup. Anyway, comments welcome! Thanks for the kind words!

Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:37 PM
There was a model called SS and then there was SS supercharged. The supercharged ones came with the silver ground effects. Then the Dale Jr.s came with the flags on the side and the s/c

Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:54 PM
my understanding was that 01-04 SS's had a supercharger. Period. Maybe I'm wrong.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:09 PM
Nope, not all of them. It was a whole nother package called the SS supercharged. I even searched the vin cause my dad was curious because it didnt have leather interior. It is an SS.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:37 PM
Anthony is correct! The 2004 came in three SS models, The SS that he has, the SS supercharged and then the Dale Jr SS (which I believe is superchagered because its the intimidator limited edition)
Anthony we gotta get cracking on your rear trunk setup , Here is what im thinking

Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:54 AM
They are nice cars! Only one thing I hate about the last Monte Carlos is that GM forgot to put a drive shaft, if you know what I mean.
Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:12 AM
Looks sick!! But im not much of a audio guy. A head unit and maybe some speakers are good enough for me. Id rather put money into performance. Getting a bigger TB, ER rockers, KnN intake, LS1 MAF, 3in downpipe with cat, HVC Intake insert, TB spacer, sway bars, and Im sure ill find other stuff while going through with this project. Im aiming for 14s all motor. No top end swap, turbos, nothing. Just something fun! Stock I believe this car runs like mid 15s so with all this and MAYBE a tune, I think I can get there

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search