introducing the HHR---first time in a decade w/o a J - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: introducing the HHR---first time in a decade w/o a J
Friday, January 20, 2012 8:18 PM
HHRs with out the roof rails look awkward to me. maybe im just use to my moms with the rails . but that REMote start is a ncie touch from GM

Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:00 AM
jr: ill look into it. i think id like the black headlights better, but i dont want to start modding this thing for real because we all know where that goes....

azn: yeah it def needs roof rails, and thats near the top of my list. go steal your moms for me!

josh: looks good man. i really would have preferred silver over this color, but the price was too good to pass up.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 2:03 PM
Yes ben we know where that leads. Lol. Just remember self control.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 2:08 PM
I say.... and hear me out here... If the modding DID get serious, keep the roof smooth, get that "classic" chevy grill thing for it, slam it, and pop some 16" steelies painted a cream color with half moon hub caps and chrome trim rings. I dunno, I've seen a few HHR's modded to look "old" and I love it.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:41 PM
jr: its like a can of pringles....once you pop you just cant stop

jl: trust me, IF i were to do any such modding, i would def go for a more retro look to it. love the baby moons and white walls, but a new set with tires would run over $1k and i dont have that sort of green (luckily, i guess, otherwise theyd be on already). but i like the storage in this and def plan on roof racks so i can carry a bike, for starters.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:47 PM
your putting a hitch on it. so get the hitch mount bike rack. i love mine, plus you don't have to worry about denting/scratching the roof or side of the vehicle if you accidently drop it.

how about you bring it to me i will do the modding so that it is not over whelming for you. lol

Sunday, January 22, 2012 6:37 PM
i hate what hitch mount bike racks look like. i plan on trying to pick up a few different outdoors hobbies so the utility of a roof rack is a definite

if you want to do something, give me a two tone paint job with satin black on top

Friday, January 27, 2012 1:53 PM
picked up an FE5 suspension with 50 miles on it for $100. now just need some sstc springs and new bushings for the front end links and the suspension is good to go (with the exception of steelies/moon caps)

Friday, January 27, 2012 6:31 PM
Good deal.

Friday, January 27, 2012 10:21 PM
yeah thats the only reason i bought them now. they retail for 300 and the guy was asking 2. i told him if he had his stock springs id give him 150 (since he upgraded to a bimmer and the ad was over a month old on CL and no buyers yet) but he'd already tossed them. he countered with 125 wo springs and i told him no thanks. then he went down to 100 for a practically brand new set of FE5s it was just too good to pass up at that price.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search