The 08 Malibu and new wheels. - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The 08 Malibu and new wheels.
Monday, January 30, 2012 9:45 PM
I figured i see what you all think of my Malibu 2LT. Also yes im aware my pictures do not win any awards and my car is stock. The future plans include the rksport lip kit and fiberglass hood. Id like to do the factory style dual exhaust also. Anyways let me know what you all think. Minus the wheels the car has the 2.4vvt ecotec and all options and so far my wife and i love it, i would have liked the v6 but i enjoy the fuel economy. Interior is all black leather with suade. The wheels wont get new rubber till spring, no sense buying tires to sit around. So let me know what you all think. Anyone who could do a photo shop of the wheels that would be awesome also. I was going to bolt them too the car, but im awaiting shoulder surgury so ill relax for the time being.

The new, used wheels theres 2,000 miles on them. They came with lugs and tpm sensors. I only paid $200 for everything. Wheels are 18x8, stock is 17x8 i believe.

Re: The 08 Malibu and new wheels.
Monday, January 30, 2012 11:02 PM
looks good!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, January 30, 2012 11:29 PM
Thanks man, ive been following the post on your car. Its inspired me as i didnt want to do anything to this car. But i just couldnt pass up the deal on these wheels. The guy i bought them off paid over a grand on tire rack and less than a month later his wife wrecked the car they were on, got t boned. The wheels were check they are good, he put the tire on his wifes new car. Him and i live less then 10 minutes away so it was almost like i had to buy them. Plus approval from the wife. Guess buying her the ring paid off lol.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:41 AM
I was looking at these for a new family car, love the red tincoat color.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:43 PM
I have likes and dislikes about it. The electronic stability control sucks it wont let you push the car through corners even with the traction control turned off. Its also had almost 2 grand in warrenty work done this past year. As for the color my wife and i love it, but its impossible to keep clean. I have almost 60,000 miles on it now and i would certainly buy another one.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:04 PM
red03ecotec wrote:but its impossible to keep clean.

try washing it? no vehicle is impossible to keep clean

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:24 PM
It gets washed twice a week, thanks smart ass lol. I run it though the touchless lazer wash as i have a torn rotor cuff. I am getting surgury in a couple weeks, so physically i cant hand wash it. Also any lighter colored paint looks cleaner longer than anything dark colored paint. Thats fact, but hey what ever makes you feel special.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:29 PM
red03ecotec wrote:It gets washed twice a week, thanks smart ass lol. I run it though the touchless lazer wash as i have a torn rotor cuff. I am getting surgury in a couple weeks, so physically i cant hand wash it. Also any lighter colored paint looks cleaner longer than anything dark colored paint. Thats fact, but hey what ever makes you feel special.

more or less was saying people say such and such color is hard to keep clean. Well no color is hard to keep clean. its just that some show dirty a lot more My truck is black. shows dirt like crazy. just have to wash it almost every day for it to look best.

wheels look better than stock for sure. they just look WAY better. just never understood setting it down on a wood block.

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 12:08 AM
Agreed thats what i was getting at with the color. The wood block was to give me an idea of how the wheels would look on my car, as im not buying new tires for the wheels until spring, wheels are getting high performance summer tires only. You cant hold them up to the stock wheel and take the picture at them same time. As for washing every day i just want my shoulder fixed so i can do it again. I used to be picky, but after a set of twins boy and girl which are now 4 and a my wife, i have learned there are much more important things in life.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search