Few new pics of the SC + new rear visor installed - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Few new pics of the SC + new rear visor installed
Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:30 AM
Well I washed the car and finally installed my HIC rear window visor yesterday, so here are a few pics I edited! Wheels are coming soon, I've got the cash, I'm just torn between two... anyway, on with the pics. Comments and criticisms welcome on the car/photos. All shots were taken with my Sony Alpha a300 dslr and edited with adobe lightroom

and if anyone is curious, these are the wheels I'm trying to decide between. both sets will be 19x9.5" et +40 all around (get some 10-15mm) spacers. MMR HR2 or Euortek 03. Any input??

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter

Re: Few new pics of the SC + new rear visor installed
Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:40 AM
The BBS LM reps all the way!

Car is looking good.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 11:09 AM
youve got camera skills....go put them to use with an official photoshoot.

i still liked the vert better, but i understand youve got to upgrade at some point so keep it up man

Saturday, January 28, 2012 11:16 AM
I vote:

That car is soooo clean. Love it!

Saturday, January 28, 2012 11:53 AM
Very nice man! Hands down these wheels

Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:57 PM
Like the car, still want one myself. And good photos. but why are the ugly rear window visors all the rage with the "higher end" tuner car brands lately? I remember them being put on J bodies and people calling them out (for what they are) as being gaudy and ugly, but on a Lexus it's the cool thing? I never get trends like that....

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:29 PM
BBS LM's are far played out I think. I'd go with a nice DD setup on the first set of wheels. IMO

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:16 PM
Eternal wrote:The BBS LM reps all the way!

Car is looking good.

Thanks! I also just found them on another site for $100 less than I originally found them! Plus they have offer a +22 offset too! decisions decisions....
(tabs) wrote:youve got camera skills....go put them to use with an official photoshoot.

i still liked the vert better, but i understand youve got to upgrade at some point so keep it up man

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I've been working on my skills and learning more as I go. I might go back and take a photography class after I graduate (couldn't fit it in my schedule). I also need some lights, better lenses, and a secure location for a proper shoot (I was on private property, and had an 18-wheeler coming down at me when I took the reflection shot, lol )
TheInfamousEco wrote:I vote:

That car is soooo clean. Love it!

Haha, they have gotten the most votes on here, facebook, and the Lexus forums, lol. And thanks!
Adam Risden wrote:Very nice man! Hands down these wheels

Thanks man!

JLAudioCavalier wrote:Like the car, still want one myself. And good photos. but why are the ugly rear window visors all the rage with the "higher end" tuner car brands lately? I remember them being put on J bodies and people calling them out (for what they are) as being gaudy and ugly, but on a Lexus it's the cool thing? I never get trends like that....

Thanks, and I think its a JDM/VIP thing. I hate the door window visors, but I liked this one. Just something different. On a spoiler-less car, they look so cool, so I'll probably take mine off eventually..... pic for reference... this is also lowered on 19s, which is the look I want, but maybe not thaaaat low

slvrblit wrote:BBS LM's are far played out I think. I'd go with a nice DD setup on the first set of wheels. IMO

I know they are, but they are nice, haha. I've always liked mesh... the HR2s are cool and concave, more of VIP style than the LM reps, so we'll see! I'm so torn...

For reference here are 2 SCs on the pictured wheels, one is on bags with an auto couture body kit and the other is on stock springs with no kit and 8.5" fronts, so its hard to imagine an in-between car, haha.

they are the exact wheels I posted (staggered with 8.5" fronts) with BBS center-caps (big no-no...)

Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:32 AM
It looks good but I think the roof spoiler would look way better if you were wingless.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:11 AM
I like these cars and always have but... the rear window valence/spoiler's look awful. I do not uderstand the point of them on any car. There just pointless and stupid.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:29 AM
Rabbit(AKA RedAssassin) wrote:It looks good but I think the roof spoiler would look way better if you were wingless.

On my to do list
Josh G. wrote:I like these cars and always have but... the rear window valence/spoiler's look awful. I do not uderstand the point of them on any car. There just pointless and stupid.

Oh well, I can't please everyone

Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:32 AM
Between those two sets of wheels? The first ones. They'd suit the car more.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:22 PM
It does about the same as a factory spoiler or dare I say.... a body kit. It does nothing it purely for appearence.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:24 PM
I think I'm going to put wheels on hold. I think I'll save up more and get Vossen CV3s.... they're my new favorite, and although expensive ($2,000-ish a set). these are 20x9.5 Front and 20x10.5" rears, but they've mentioned making 19"s too, so I might wait and contact the company about 19s...

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:58 PM
OMG those wheels are tits

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:33 PM
Very nice wheels right there!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:29 PM
Adam Risden wrote:Very nice wheels right there!

Eternal wrote:OMG those wheels are tits

Exactly. They've been in the back of my mind for sometime, and I think thats why I can't decide between the others I posted. My brain is telling me to be patient and go big. Emailed a rep from Vossen that I met at a Lexus show, and I'm in the loop to be notified if they make 19s

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:43 PM
Don't get those....thats the wheels I was looking at. Those specs to +22 rear and +25 front.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search