My first Honda. - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My first Honda.
Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:41 PM
*cough* B20VTEC *cough*

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:13 PM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:*cough* B20VTEC *cough*

You have no idea how badly I want to... Keeping it stock engine wise for a while however.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:05 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:*cough* B20VTEC *cough*

You have no idea how badly I want to... Keeping it stock engine wise for a while however.

Boooooooo. If you change your mind, Im always down to dig into a Honda. Hahaha.

Monday, January 28, 2013 5:01 PM
Colorado Mountain Rally leveling kit installed. Subtle details!

Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:46 AM
no tow hook no care

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, February 01, 2013 6:15 AM
The Jew wrote:no tow hook no care

I have a plan for that... No generic hook for me however.

Friday, February 01, 2013 6:32 AM
Friday, February 01, 2013 8:51 AM
You gonna rally the CRV? You should totally do the driver stickers on the rear window, that would be funny

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Thursday, March 07, 2013 4:41 AM
Dude these things are great. I'm on my second one now. Mine's a 2000, EBP, 5MT 4WD. Took me FOREVER to find it in that color with a manual, but it was worth it. I drove my last one from 160K to 205K with ZERO issues.

The green one in the OP belongs to a dude whose SN is OSX2000 (his real name is Justin). He's got a ton of pics of it up here:

http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t=17011

He used to have his own website where he detailed the build process but that's gone now - sadly. He sold the CRV some time last last year or early this year. These things are so cheap and not really worth a lot used, so if I were him I would have kept it forever, but hey - you do what you gotta do. He replaced it with an Acura RDX.

I patterned mine after his. I'm still in the process of getting it how I want it, but I've got most of the heavy lifting done.

Here's the way mine sits now. I have a bug guard on it now but I haven't had a chance to take any new pics because it's been snow storming here for weeks. :-p

Here's mine compared to an unmodified one.

Your Element rear wiper looks great. That's on my "to-do" list for sure. Enjoy the V man - these are great little "trucks" that are actually pretty capable given the fact that they're essentially just jacked up Civics. :-)

Thursday, March 07, 2013 4:45 AM
Oh thanks for mentioning that Colorado Mountain Rally company too BTW - I found them once before and lost the URL. I'd like to pick up that same 0.6" leveling kit for the back of mine since my Old Man Emu springs have now settled and the back sits just a bit lower than the front. Did you have to pound out the studs in the top hats for those or are the stock studs long enough with the 0.6" spacer? Much appreciated!

Oh yeah - I know there's some hate for the Honda SUV forums, but they're really a good bunch of dudes there. Like every forum there are some haters, but the guy who owns it is really nice and is very active there. You have to remember that these CRVs are getting cheap now so they're a "first car" for a lot of people and sometimes people want to mod their stuff when they're young but don't have much money so they do what they can with what they have. I'd be embarrassed to show the "mods" on my first few cars, which usually came from Autozone. Don't worry, they'll grow out of it.

Thursday, March 07, 2013 6:33 AM
You're still up here in Michigan Jason?

I won't ever forget the Sunfire and your multiple vehicles, surprised I haven't ran into you to this day.

Thursday, March 07, 2013 6:44 AM
Yep - I'm still here. :-) Living and working and not much else. haha

Thursday, March 07, 2013 12:57 PM
i64X wrote:Oh thanks for mentioning that Colorado Mountain Rally company too BTW - I found them once before and lost the URL. I'd like to pick up that same 0.6" leveling kit for the back of mine since my Old Man Emu springs have now settled and the back sits just a bit lower than the front. Did you have to pound out the studs in the top hats for those or are the stock studs long enough with the 0.6" spacer? Much appreciated!

Oh yeah - I know there's some hate for the Honda SUV forums, but they're really a good bunch of dudes there. Like every forum there are some haters, but the guy who owns it is really nice and is very active there. You have to remember that these CRVs are getting cheap now so they're a "first car" for a lot of people and sometimes people want to mod their stuff when they're young but don't have much money so they do what they can with what they have. I'd be embarrassed to show the "mods" on my first few cars, which usually came from Autozone. Don't worry, they'll grow out of it.

The stock studs work perfectly fine on the top hats. I used a different nut to achieve more threading since the stock nut threading isn't full bodied.

Yours looks great man. I honestly wanted to do the EMU lift and that exact wheel combo but I talked myself out of it. I'm surprisingly content with the level kit and slightly larger tires. I don't plan to sell this thing either so maybe next season I'll up my game! Since the weather is finally getting nicer I am more focused on the Cavalier again. Just maintenance chasing the CRV at the moment. Banged out a Gates timing belt/water pump kit with the help of Schulte a while back (thanks again for fixing my SNAFU) and fixed a lower engine torque mount that was blown out.

Are those the Depo taillights or the legit JDM ones? I keep seeing sets of brand new Depo lights for a damn good deal on eBay and they temp me every time...

Way more comfortable with this! I need a driver side arm rest badly.

Honda Crv. by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

And this was fun for a while.. Sadly it would have probably been used more often to tow me out than others. lol

Honda Crv. by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

Thursday, March 07, 2013 5:02 PM
I got really excited because I thought the EPB CRV above was the turboed CRVTEC one I saw on Honda-Tech the other day. I love the lift and wheels on it.

Thursday, March 07, 2013 5:51 PM
Haha nope - that one is the other blue... the older 97-99 blue. Not sure exactly what blue that is. I know what car you're talking about though.

My tails are straight up Chinese knock-offs. I've had them on for about a year now though with 0 issues. No leaking, no fading. I'm really pleased with them. The headlights are also TYC from Amazon. They're like $40 each. My stock headlights were REALLY faded and looked really bad. No issues with the TYC's either. I'd highly recommend them.

I lucked out on the OME setup. Semi-local guy was selling it, with struts, for $300 shipped. Struts alone would have been more than half that, so I snapped them up while I had the chance. Wheels are Cragar D-windows. I was going to go the Soft 8 route, which is pretty popular, but I liked the look of the D-windows a bit better.

Watch out with the arm rest - with the manuals they didn't even include the threaded part inside the side of the side to attach the arm rest. You actually have to unskin the seat and get a part to add to the seat frame to add it. It's not like the passengers seat where all you have to do is buy the arm rest itself and cut a little hole in the fabric because the threaded "nut end" of the receptacle is there stock. Easiest solution is to get a drivers side seat from an auto from a junk yard. I have NO idea why Honda would do something like that... especially since almost everything is usually pretty inter-operable between models. My only thought is that they might not have wanted dealers ordering passenger arm rests (which was a legit accessory) and installing them on the drivers side of manuals for liability purposes.

Anyway. :-)

Saturday, March 09, 2013 7:56 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:

What kind of idiot would do that to a subaru

Crv looks good... Need some beefier tires though

Monday, March 11, 2013 9:08 AM
strat81 wrote:
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:

What kind of idiot would do that to a subaru

Crv looks good... Need some beefier tires though

LOL. Your car inspired me along with going to the Sno*drift event in Atlanta Michigan earlier this year.

I actually have no desire to alter the suspension or go bigger tire! I enjoy it blending in with the crowd.

Friday, March 22, 2013 6:02 AM
haha i saw that picture of the parking lot and was like "holy $$(% thats my school." that's cool to see another member from LO. do you know of any other members on here that live here?

Friday, March 22, 2013 6:16 AM
pvtmcmuffin wrote:haha i saw that picture of the parking lot and was like "holy $$(% thats my school." that's cool to see another member from LO. do you know of any other members on here that live here?

Nah man, LO is pretty dead these days I've noticed.

Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:19 PM
This is what happens when I am bored.

Lowered crv by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

Crv suspension by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

Removed spare carrier by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:05 PM
Sweet @!#$e dude.

Friday, July 05, 2013 2:15 PM
What did you end up lowering it on?

And make sure you trim your upper CA's before you hit a big bump and get your CA stuck in your fender haha. Apparently CRVs like to do that.

Friday, July 05, 2013 9:35 PM
Brian wrote:What did you end up lowering it on?

And make sure you trim your upper CA's before you hit a big bump and get your CA stuck in your fender haha. Apparently CRVs like to do that.

You'll never guess what happened on my way to work...

Did not know about that issue. Luckily I got the control arm dislodged and now the CAs are trimmed.

Saturday, July 06, 2013 5:54 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search