Scion FR-S - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Scion FR-S
Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:34 PM
Do want. Especially at that price point.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:25 PM
2700 isn't bad for a modern car crammed with all the safety stuff modern cars are regulated to have these days. I am ok with a starting weight of 2700lbs. Thanks for the post, KG!

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, March 24, 2012 8:08 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:sounds like another underpowered rx-8esq vehicle to me.

why not a turbo option with 300+?

Its rumored that a turbo version is on the way.

Using the hyundai discount through a family members company i can get a 2013 genesis coupe for cheaper than the fr-s.

Plus i am a big guy and would not have enough head room in the fr-s

Sunday, March 25, 2012 11:30 AM
Any time someone tries to compare a Genesis coupe to something, no matter how far I feel Hyundai has come and how awesome they are for their price point, the interior and over all build quality scream cheap car in the Genesis Coupe. After checking one out in person, I couldn't justify a $20K+ car feeling like a base model in the way of the interior quality and how cheap it felt when I closed the door and everything rattled/echoed.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, March 25, 2012 11:51 AM
^ they have a cheap interior because they are a cheap car. the original one with 220hp RWD for the price entry point is completely unheard of. I wouldn't compare it to the Scion because it is a @!#$load bigger. I would prefer the Scion, well the BRZ but I absolutely loved the way the genesis coupe 2.0T drove. I drove one when they were new out and beat the @!#$ out of it. It had 23kms on the odometer and stank when i handed it back. For the money it is a superb car and now it has 270+hp it's impossible to ignore. The newer 3.7 mustang is close in price and my buddy has one that I have also beat the @!#$ out of and the Genesis is better. I think it's closer to the mustang which although the interior looks good, isn't much different in build quality to the gen coupe and both are much better than the more expensive Camaro. Although I haven't driven one of them yet. The comparison between then Scion/Subaru is inevitable but most people haven't seen these things in the metal let alone driven them. Personally I would buy a Genesis Coupe but now I don't think I would over the BRZ, will be taking one out for a drive at some point so will be better placed to make the comparison.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:12 AM
i'd rather the money be spent on the engine/suspension/brakes thats why people buy sub 30k performance cars, not for the interior. I was perfectly ok with the cavalier interior for that matter, it had cupholders and a glovebox, what more do I need? If I wanted a nice interior I'd buy a Buick Verano

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search