Replaced the SuperRed cavy.... - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Replaced the SuperRed cavy....
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:26 AM
Some pics....

me playing with HDR on my phone at my friends house

I might end up punching out the cat, Anyone know if that will throw a CEL?
Also any advice to keep the Brake dust off my wheels i have to wipe them EVERYDAY, the brembo's and stock pads create so much brake dust! Still havent decided whether to start on the cosmetics or performance!

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:36 AM
needs more boost

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:12 PM
I have a full 3" mani back(could be header but the heat shield is still on and I haven't looked at it on a lift yet) exhaust and my CEL is on. I couldn't answer if punching will throw one.

As for break dust, Ceramic pads are the way to go. At advanced you can get some pretty cheap(compared to how much they used to be).

Honestly I just started looking for good deals on craigslist and pennswoods. Got smoked tails for 75, debadged, short antenna, primer, paint, clear coat, and painters tape from wal mart for the front bow tie.

Looks like someone started to debadge it. You are missing your GM emblems on the fenders, SS and the chevy bowtie in the rear. I think it would look a lot better if you debadged the rest of the trunk. You already have charge piping so a tune would be a good option. Rear sway bar is a good performance upgrade and you can get great deals on them if you keep your eye out. CAI is always a good place to start as well.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:20 PM
Yes, punching the cat will throw a CEL, but any canned tuner and HPT can eliminate that. If you punch the cat you should also kill COT and Cat warm up to save a ton of fuel

Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:20 AM
Its been awhile paying off some bills, Not as crazy as joes build, but a couple more parts and i'll be soild.

couple of little things like fogs and HIDS

Then i hit a tractor tralier tire tread in the middle of the damn highway...really fawked up some crap...i was pissed needless to say

Broke the intercooler and everything, so naturally...

YESSS

During install i see this...The bum Ass dealership decided to make its own make shift brackets....

Good thing ZZP intercooler included brackets....

Lip and intercooler replaced....She's Back and more responsive...

Couple of randor pictures

I also painted the brembos and reapplied the stickers more pictures later....

thats all for now...Hopefully Christmas is merry! Lol

Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Thursday, December 01, 2011 6:09 AM
you should look into taking apart your headlights and spraying them black or even a projector upgrade

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, December 01, 2011 6:59 AM
I was thinking about it, I want to get a spare set first, even though i did it to my cavy without a hitch

Thursday, December 01, 2011 10:48 AM
just thought I'd let you know that you didn't black out your plate in some of the older photo's since your doing it now...

Thursday, December 01, 2011 11:04 AM
Yea i noticed How inconsistent am I.....Its jbody you guys are cool...

Thursday, December 01, 2011 1:52 PM
Nice ZZP IC!

Being the car was slightly modded prior I'm betting the prior owner did that with the IC brackets as it probably had an aftermarket one prior and was parted down, I have a hard time seeing the dealership doing such.

I didn't bother with instructions but those nylon bushings I placed between the brackets and IC assuming they were to isolate them slightly. Doubt it's critical, but an observation none-the-less.

Thursday, December 01, 2011 3:32 PM
When i brought the car the dealer the said they replaced the intercooler.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:24 PM
So i got this

And a dejon intake, I shoot fire out of my exhaust! lol I Installed them both did a drive by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgP9ErtSlSs

then i has to uninstall the intake becuase my short and long trims were going bonkers, Tune to come the 1st of the month!

Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:02 PM
Bolted!

I also drove to PA to get tuned by BYT....I love the new Tune its Soooo fast...

My first day at the track Tomorrow, Morning its all day event with my buddy with a 335i....

Hopefully i put up some good times...Low 13's?

Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:27 PM
BYT is the base tune we had on the brothers 09 LNF cobalt. He REALLY knows what he is doing. We tweaked it a little to get slightly better AFR where we live, but 23ish PSI in second was great.

The power came on FAST. I assume so does yours...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:11 PM
Yea if i gun it in second at 40, It'll spin almost through 2nd. I have to kind of feather it through...

Im still on winter tires, im looking at some michlien Super Sports....

Friday, March 23, 2012 7:06 AM
((Turbo))KbRedBalt wrote:

I also drove to PA to get tuned by BYT....I love the new Tune its Soooo fast...

Im sorry for your future loss. I have not heard anything good about their tuning. I just hope your LNF stays together.

You should have saved yourself some time, fuel, and possibly your car and just hit up Oldskool. Meatcake tuning > BYT all day long.

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras
Friday, March 23, 2012 12:58 PM
I havent had any issue with his tune so far, no knocks or misfires.

So the best time i got today was a 13.3@108 on winter tires...

Friday, March 23, 2012 5:27 PM

First time at the track.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:47 PM
Hey Jbody long time no see, I just thought id post updates about the baltness. I finally got rid of the winter tires at the track...Not before totally destroying them there and a upper map sensor. I ran a 13.1@112.. I want 12's!

nothing new with her, except 30% tint all around and some Kumho Ecsta 4x for rubber.. ZFR is going to purchased in Spring if anyone wants to help me with the tuning portion i got money and beer...And know some PICS

Thursday, November 29, 2012 1:47 PM
Cool.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:42 PM
As i said before, take it to Oldskool

"Project 69'"
1969 Chevrolet C/10, 1/2 ton, 2wd
-Boosted LS1?
-Richmond ROD 6-speed(will get sometime)
-Posi 12-bolt(built w/eaton posi unit and richmond 3.73 gears)
-Disc brake and 5 lug swap
+little extras

Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:18 PM
Nice Balt!

Friday, November 30, 2012 7:49 AM
Yea i do need to talk to old school, I think he brought a ZFR for this car...

Friday, November 30, 2012 8:56 AM
My buddy had his SS/TC tuned by BYT, the knock sensor would pick up knock when he logged it and dude would never do a damn thing about it "Oh its fine" he would say.

Ended up getting tuned by Terminator from CSS.net, much better guy.

I would take it to Ryan tho hands down before either of those guys, if I didn't live in Northern Canada I would get Ryan to tune my car too!!

Sweet car tho man, watch the clutch and 3rd gear now that your up to the higher power levels.

Friday, November 30, 2012 1:49 PM
True story on the clutch and 3rd gear .

I should post up the carnage once we cracked open my prior transmission's case. LSD lived, nothing else did though! Teeth everywhere but where they should be.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search